Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I was about to place my order for an (MYP MSM w/Tow Hitch) tomorrow morning...

IMG_4348.PNG

Interesting. Six years ago, In that same second to third week of June transition, Tesla changed the S/X drive units and added DU00 and DU01 to the option codes. We never figured out the change. Some suspected inverter technology. This was also the date for the original torque (and slight power) improvements for those cars, although Tesla eventually applied those improvements to many of the older, non DU coded cars.

Didn’t the Y LR and Y P rear drive units previously have different part numbers? And didn’t the LR and the base model Y share a part previously?

Last edited:
No, you are talking about Parking Assist. That was USS based, nothing to do with radar. Cars with radar completely removed (a long time ago), but still with USS still had the numbers that counted down.

It was when the USS were removed that Park Assist disappeared, but Tesla has began rolling out park assist based on vision:
Tesla Introduces Vision Park Assist: Availability, Accuracy and Videos

Thx! and HW4 would probably be "better" for Park Assist I assume.. Except no location changes :(

BTW re: crazy folks in the world. Would a SR Y qualify (like my SR 3) ;)

Last edited:
Is there any way to guarantee that you will get a HW4 + Matrix headlight Model Y LR? I will be ordering my car in late July, will this guarantee that I get the latest car?
you will be guaranteed HW4 if you are in the US now. Matrix is only coming from Fremont right now. MYLR 7 seats are exclusively made in Fremont it seems, so that would guarantee the matrix headlights for you. But Austin made MYLR are now coming out with new and more efficient rear motor.
Seams you can't have the best of both worlds. I'd pick better motor over headlights.