Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It feels good to have been right to be patient. It was clear this was coming Just put in an order for a MSM MY-LR. I am sad to have to sell my SR+, though :(
Personally I think I'm going to be even more patient (I literally refused VIN last week and canceled my Y order - good call) and wait for used prices to drop.

I'm VERY tempted to buy new at these prices though. Enjoy!

That's what I heard in 2016 and 2019 and 2022. It turns out that only Tesla has good software and app, and a reliable charging network for road trips.

There was like 0 other options in 2016 or 2019. I do think it'll be interesting what happens in 2023 and 2024. Not everyone needs/wants to pay for the supercharging network.

This pricing change should help all new consumers though since it puts a lot of pressure on all the other makers.

Reactions: boulder.dude
Tesla definitely used some questionable marketing techniques to sell 2023's before the end of the 2022 year with the "$3,500 or $7,500 instant rebate" during that one week craze... when shortly after, the new year 11 days in was followed by -$13,000 drop and the buyers will not qualify for the 2023 EV incentives. (Oh Tesla Knew Lol) Considering China Tesla price cuts months ago, the marketing tactic used by Tesla was solely to slight new buyers for high dollar amounts. Tesla did US buyers dirty when knowing their capacity for cars and decreased demand. This is very questionable when a company does this, when they are already top in their industry.

Unless buyers who bought during the rising interest rates and high prices are reasonably rectified for their purchase in q4 2022, Tesla played the villian and masterfully took advantage of these chumps. It is pretty funny to see Tesla ignore their devoted fanbase and strive for the next customer and blow people's minds, lol. It's just money, why do these people need the extra $15k when we can quickly optimize on their demand for our cars, after waiting months in preorder.

Let's talk about the low insurance rates guys, not how tesla has some ruthless sales techniques and does not really care about their customers. You guys sheepin' Elons World
And why would those rich guys need so much money!!! Why WHY the price of every product is set to maximize someone's profit!

I ran my vehicle for a trade via Tesla to see the trade in value during the $7,500 discount and it was around $55k. Ran it this morning.... OUCH!!!!

View attachment 895275
Awww man.. I'm ready for some pain. Lets see what happens lol!

1673628842857.png

And why would those rich guys need so much money!!! Why WHY the price of every product is set to maximize someone's profit!
Ludicrous. Why would a company NOT maximize their profit? Who among us wants LESS money?

Also, nothing stopping you from starting your own company and taking the risk and reaping the potential rewards.

Not to mention these companies that you're demonizing have shareholders who are relying on them to produce so we can have a retirement.

Short of Elon giving me FSD for my August 22 MYP, I will never buy another Tesla product again. To lose over 23% car value over night is just not something I'm comfortable ever risking again. I know vehicle's aren't investments, but I also know that they shouldn't lose that much value overnight. He has a chance to make it right for free by giving FSD to those who purchased recently to offset the incredible loss we just incurred and it won't cost him anything. I tend to buy a a lot of vehicles and had cancelled a Bronco to buy the MYP, but seriously regret that now.

Short of Elon giving me FSD for my August 22 MYP, I will never buy another Tesla product again. To lose over 23% car value over night is just not something I'm comfortable ever risking again. I know vehicle's aren't investments, but I also know that they shouldn't lose that much value overnight. He has a chance to make it right for free by giving FSD to those who purchased recently to offset the incredible loss we just incurred and it won't cost him anything. I tend to buy a a lot of vehicles and had cancelled a Bronco to buy the MYP, but seriously regret that now.
Cool. 👍🏻

Your blame is misplaced. The market has spoken.

The reason FSD went to $15K is to limit the number of people using/testing it for liability purposes, guaranteed.

...snip.....He has a chance to make it right for free by giving FSD to those who purchased recently to offset the incredible loss we just incurred and it won't cost him anything......
Then he just pisses off people who paid for the FSD, granted there are fewer of them though.

I'm annoyed (bought near peak w/o rebates in Sept) but it is what it is.

Ludicrous. Why would a company NOT maximize their profit? Who among us wants LESS money?

Also, nothing stopping you from starting your own company and taking the risk and reaping the potential rewards.

Not to mention these companies that you're demonizing have shareholders who are relying on them to produce so we can have a retirement.
Because you risk pissing off previous customers.. and they will certainly remember that when its time to shop again.