Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that will change 1/24. Wonder how it will affect MSRP
I still refuse to believe that Tesla won't do a price increase to passively get some of that 7500 after January for themselves. Sorta like how 'inflation" reduces. But prices never do, and then when they give you a sale.. it's just back to the regular price it should have been. Maybe, i am just too skeptical.. But can you really be with corporations?!

I still refuse to believe that Tesla won't do a price increase to passively get some of that 7500 after January for themselves. Sorta like how 'inflation" reduces. But prices never do, and then when they give you a sale.. it's just back to the regular price it should have been. Maybe, i am just too skeptical.. But can you really be with corporations?!
I agree other dealers do that. TSLA is different. They reduced prices even with tax credit this year

This thread was started six months ago.
Reading some of the posts where people were upset about a massive price drop in the model y is wild because it’s dropped another $7k (?) since then.

Imo we’re at or very close to an ultimate floor on the cars. Even if the margin was something ferociously huge like 10 or 15 or $20,000 on the entry level Teslas (it’s not!), they already compete so aggressively on price (eg a base model 3 in my state is now about $2-3k more than a new basic Camry LE), that it will be impossible for consumers not to figure it out. Two weeks ago when I looked into this, I only did so because somebody told me how cheap they are— I actually had no idea that these fully qualified for the credit and could be hard for under $40,000. Our neighbor thought that we were splurging on a massively expensive vehicle; everyone still thinks Teslas are luxury car priced. The lower ones just aren’t. I paid about $41k msrp for a rav4 hybrid last year. I can now get a new Y for a couple thousand less.

Reading some of the posts where people were upset about a massive price drop in the model y is wild because it’s dropped another $7k (?) since then.

Imo we’re at or very close to an ultimate floor on the cars. Even if the margin was something ferociously huge like 10 or 15 or $20,000 on the entry level Teslas (it’s not!), they already compete so aggressively on price (eg a base model 3 in my state is now about $2-3k more than a new basic Camry LE), that it will be impossible for consumers not to figure it out. Two weeks ago when I looked into this, I only did so because somebody told me how cheap they are— I actually had no idea that these fully qualified for the credit and could be hard for under $40,000. Our neighbor thought that we were splurging on a massively expensive vehicle; everyone still thinks Teslas are luxury car priced. The lower ones just aren’t. I paid about $41k msrp for a rav4 hybrid last year. I can now get a new Y for a couple thousand less.
Maybe i am doing it wrong. after tax incentives. Still gonna be about 47k after taxes... but remember, If you are not making at least 65k a year.. Many of those Camry owners are not... You aren't getting the full 7500 off. Hell, i think after the pandemic, i am barely getting the full benefit. I am not even sure, my tax ladies are mia right now. Because i wanted to confirm i would lol... I do realize, you're talking about the RWD though :) From facebook they say 330 really means 200miles on the Y. Is this accurate? If so, glad i got the LR

Reactions: EatsShoots
Maybe i am doing it wrong. after tax incentives. Still gonna be about 47k after taxes... but remember, If you are not making at least 65k a year.. Many of those Camry owners are not... You aren't getting the full 7500 off. Hell, i think after the pandemic, i am barely getting the full benefit. I am not even sure, my tax ladies are mia right now. Because i wanted to confirm i would lol... I do realize, you're talking about the RWD though :) From facebook they say 330 really means 200miles on the Y. Is this accurate? If so, glad i got the LR
In my experience with a couple of nissan leafs and a phev volvo, and what others write...the range on EVs is best-case, so yeah make sure whichever one you buy has a pretty hefty buffer for anticipated miles driven.

Looks like model Y inventory is building back up a lot, according to Reddit threads discussing blazing fast timeline between order placed -> VIN. Is there another soft price reduction in the future?

Reactions: vickh
and.... here comes a "discount". Question is if I can self refer or should I just refer my wife?

Refer a Friend, Earn 10,000 Credits​
When a friend or family member uses your referral link to order a new Model 3 or Model Y, you will receive 10,000 credits once they take delivery. You can redeem your credits for exclusive awards like Supercharging miles, software upgrades and more. To start referring, open the Tesla app. Learn More

Friends and family you refer will receive $500 off their final purchase price and unlock three months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

The $7,500 federal tax credit will likely decrease after December 31, 2023 for some models. New Model 3 and Model Y vehicles delivered by December 31, 2023 still qualify for the full credit.​