Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with the free supercharging, for some stupid reason, my mind has gone sideways. I have envisioned myself trying to drive as gingerly as possible, but know these cars can shred tires. And if the cars don’t come with spares, I’m going to want to have at the very least one extra wheel. So if I get RWD (as I plan), I should only really be shredding two tires. So maybe getting two spare wheels with some shredable tires could be fun. I see the wheels are 8.5x18 et40 with 5x114.3 and a center bore of 64.1 mm. Does anyone here know what other makes/models have that same setup? I may want to keep my eyes peeled for some spares. Then I can shred some cheap tires and waste some Tesla supercharging dollars. :)

FYI Even awd spends mostly only the rear wheels. Front tyres look almost new when rear tyres are half gone.

432 MS, 339 MX, 1566 M3, 1876 MY

Looks like discounts had an effect already. I don’t think the Tesla-info tracker is fully functional since it doesn’t seem to be able to find and sort by discount, but it seems capable of showing trends.

What I guess I find most interesting is that M3 are discounted, and not MY. I’m going to guess that’s because Tesla has a lot more fear about being stuck with a bunch of old-body-style M3 that qualify for only half the Federal money after the new year. Those are two factors that don’t apply to the MY apparently. So more discounts should be on the way in December when they discount the MY and perhaps increase discounts on the M3 (as the panic to rid themselves of M3 grows).

Another factor is the supposed introduction of a Model 2. That will really cut into demand for M3, but that’s more long term. I think the MY will likely be the ongoing best-seller, and it’s redesign will be more critical to Tesla. For Tesla’s sake, they should learn a lot from how Highland rolls out and how that affects sales both before and after it’s introduction.

Is there a lag in these inventory numbers? If one hits the purchase button does this impact the inventory or is the inventory only impacted when one takes delivery?
I don’t know, but I’d think once someone clicks buy in the website it should be removed. The data is supposed to be updated every couple minutes. So there’s supposed to be a lag, but not much. I’d have to ask or check at Tesla-info. And it was “offline” (no updates) for nearly a week in the last week or so.

432 MS, 339 MX, 1566 M3, 1876 MY

Looks like discounts had an effect already. I don’t think the Tesla-info tracker is fully functional since it doesn’t seem to be able to find and sort by discount, but it seems capable of showing trends.

What I guess I find most interesting is that M3 are discounted, and not MY. I’m going to guess that’s because Tesla has a lot more fear about being stuck with a bunch of old-body-style M3 that qualify for only half the Federal money after the new year. Those are two factors that don’t apply to the MY apparently. So more discounts should be on the way in December when they discount the MY and perhaps increase discounts on the M3 (as the panic to rid themselves of M3 grows).

Another factor is the supposed introduction of a Model 2. That will really cut into demand for M3, but that’s more long term. I think the MY will likely be the ongoing best-seller, and it’s redesign will be more critical to Tesla. For Tesla’s sake, they should learn a lot from how Highland rolls out and how that affects sales both before and after it’s introduction.
Absolutely correct. Now that the cat is out of the bag for M3. I would absolutely except huge discounts for M3.

MY should have discounts but not as big as M3

Urgent please help.. Delivery tomorrow and price dropped just now...what are my options?

I have a M3 delivery scheduled for tomorrow morning at a location which is 50 miles away from me. Just now a noticed there is additional $780 discount from what I am paying at another location which is closer to me. I have already paid in full via my bank account. What are my options at this point to get the lower price or a VIN change to the lowered price inventory M3?

Urgent please help.. Delivery tomorrow and price dropped just now...what are my options?

I have a M3 delivery scheduled for tomorrow morning at a location which is 50 miles away from me. Just now a noticed there is additional $780 discount from what I am paying at another location which is closer to me. I have already paid in full via my bank account. What are my options at this point to get the lower price or a VIN change to the lowered price inventory M3?
Easiest thing to do is cancel your current car and buy the $780 cheaper one. You’d lose the $250 order fee, but still save $530.

Reactions: arkhos and ggunn9

Talk to Tesla/ delivery advisor asap and see if they can do a price adjustment, or switch your vin to the cheaper one. I think the rule was always "before you took delivery".

Buying a Tesla feels like trying to time the stock market! Do you think $2500 off is going to clear out the inventory? I feel like it’s a bit tame
I've never followed end of quarter discounts closely but I'd imagine it will get impatient people to bite. I also think discounts will get much deeper as we inch closer to the end of the year with as much inventory they have on hand.

Was supposed to take delivery of MYP this morning. Last night, I saw the same config car for $1500 off. Called sales advisor and they were able to reassign my VIN and reschedule my delivery. Highly recommend checking inventory if you’re taking delivery in the next few days!

Reactions: amoney805