Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Highland will be out then. It will be a slightly higher price but there won’t be any inventory discounts and the tax credit will be lower with a purchase.
Right. While I believe there are some cost-cutting measures to be implemented with the Highland refresh (Like no stalks), I believe it will take awhile for Tesla to ramp up production and capitalize on cost-saving measures.

Also, I’d honestly anticipated Tesla making a glut of M3 in preparation for the slower production during switchover, but I am starting to think Tesla is just building-in a slower M3 delivery period as soon as they terminate the current M3 production.

I predict M3 will perhaps become more of a performance-level car (no stalks) when the M2 ultimately is produced first for Europe and then brought here to the US when more downward pressure is put on prices as other males enter the lower-end market.

Right. While I believe there are some cost-cutting measures to be implemented with the Highland refresh (Like no stalks), I believe it will take awhile for Tesla to ramp up production and capitalize on cost-saving measures.

Also, I’d honestly anticipated Tesla making a glut of M3 in preparation for the slower production during switchover, but I am starting to think Tesla is just building-in a slower M3 delivery period as soon as they terminate the current M3 production.

I predict M3 will perhaps become more of a performance-level car (no stalks) when the M2 ultimately is produced first for Europe and then brought here to the US when more downward pressure is put on prices as other males enter the lower-end market.
What makes you think the M2 will have stalks? I’d anticipate they are removed from the entire line up

I also see $36,260 in Ohio. Outside of the inital large discount on November 13th, they seem to be dropping in $400 increments. I am pulling the trigger as soon as I see $35,100 or lower.

Time to pull the trigger

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-05 191049.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-05 191049.png
    106 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
What state are you located in? I am down to $35,870. $35,090 equals a 10.1% discount and officially makes it the cheapest the Model 3 has ever been.

I've noticed that when new price drops start, it can take a few days to reach all parts of the country. Sometimes you can see hidden inventory nearing release in your area. If you refresh the page, it will briefly pop up and you can quickly click on it, but it won't let you order it

Many are showing as low as 11.1% off right now!!

Seems only blue performance are that low. I can’t find others that low.

I see a blue performance at 7.5% off in my area, I hope it drops to that 11% off price within the coming days. Any rhyme or reason when/why they drop in price?

I see a blue performance at 7.5% off in my area, I hope it drops to that 11% off price within the coming days. Any rhyme or reason when/why they drop in price?

These calculations don't make sense to me. Ordered price for Blue with White interior is $52990. A discount of $5300 is 10% not 11.1%

These are the lowest new prices for each model in the country. All 3 can qualify for the tax credits. With a lease you get the tax credit without any of the income or price restrictions.

I believe they will start selling the Highland Model 3 RWD and LR starting from 01/01/2024. All of the inventory discounts might go away after that.

If you want an inexpensive Model 3 then this month might be the time to pull the trigger.

IMG_5884.jpeg
IMG_5883.jpeg
IMG_5882.jpeg
IMG_5887.png
IMG_5886.png
IMG_5885.png

Last edited:
So I’m a new member and here I am sitting on the fence as to buy now or wait. Based on what’s happened in the past, are we likely to see some better year end push on referrals or prices? I sadly live in middle America and the nearest supercharges are 25 miles away so that perk does zero for me. Im planning on buying but whether I buy new or not will depend on what offers are coming. I’m not in a hurry for a car purchase but I’m open to a good deal on a car I’d like to own.
If you need a car and like Tesla, buying before January seems to be a good idea. It is likely we'll get updated Model 3 early next year, and its price might become somewhat higher, and the tax credit can become smaller on some models. I wouldn't wait too long if I want to save, but I would wait longer if I want a newer Model 3. Also, if you buy now, you may buy an inventory car with additional discount. My guess is that if you wait right to the day of the renewed Model 3 introduction to the market, you have some chance to get extra discount on the outgoing Model 3, but this is a risky strategy.

By THEY, do you mean that combination of color and spec, or they M3? I have the feeling that sometime in early 2024, maybe by mid Q1’24, Tesla will release the updated highland version and at a minimum will NOT raise the price at all or only by some 100’s..as half the federal tax credit is eliminated and the demand curve could be bending downwards for many reasons.

If they are at the same price as the prior version, nobody is really going to want the prior version unless they can somehow arbitrage the 7500 federal tax credit via leasing or other.

By THEY, do you mean that combination of color and spec, or they M3? I have the feeling that sometime in early 2024, maybe by mid Q1’24, Tesla will release the updated highland version and at a minimum will NOT raise the price at all or only by some 100’s..as half the federal tax credit is eliminated and the demand curve could be bending downwards for many reasons.

If they are at the same price as the prior version, nobody is really going to want the prior version unless they can somehow arbitrage the 7500 federal tax credit via leasing or other.
What I meant, is why are some of the exact same configs discounted at 10% and some are at 7% with the exact same specs. Why and when do the listing drop to the lower 10%. Is it how long they sit in inventory? Oddly enough the 10% off listings were added to inventory yesterday and the 7% off exact same config in my area has been there for 2 weeks