Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent price drop and tax credit eligibility I am seriously considering ordering a model y, color blue, 19” wheels. Does anyone know the approximate current wait time for delivery if an order is placed now? I would also welcome any information on the Tesla delivery process as it is a bit unclear to me. I am in Kentucky where I do not believe Tesla has a store location.

For Los Angeles, CA area, it says delivery dates for custom order is Feb-April 2023. My configurations: red, 7 seats, black leather, 19" wheels, & tow hitch. I was advised by CS to go ahead and place my custom order so price is locked in and name be in queue. CS, I guess, would monitor cancellations within my area and offer it to us per the queue. I also plan to keep checking the website myself for any availability- Red or blue. That way I could take advantage of the $7500 tax credit next year by taking delivery end of March the latest.

Custom order for 5-seats here says Jan- March 2023 according to website.

There are a bunch of new Ys here with 5-seats for immediate delivery. Too bad you're too far. From time to time, I also see 7-seats pop up, but not with my configurations- either wrong color and/or no tow hitch.

Good luck with your Y shopping!

With the recent price drop and tax credit eligibility I am seriously considering ordering a model y, color blue, 19” wheels. Does anyone know the approximate current wait time for delivery if an order is placed now? I would also welcome any information on the Tesla delivery process as it is a bit unclear to me. I am in Kentucky where I do not believe Tesla has a store location.
Your location most likely is going to be Cincinnati or Nashville depending on where you are. I’d assume you’d be eligible for home drop off if not within 100 miles.

I ordered a Y Performance Black Interior, No FSD, on 1/13 and received an EDD of 1/16. I scheduled a delivery of 1/18 at the Scottsdale Raintree Service/Delivery center. The cars Fremont production date was 1/10.
I saw my car at the Tesla Scottsdale Service Center today. It had Matrix headlights and no USS. I have attached a screen shot of an earlier post which listed the Tesla car price reductions announced on January 13th. The % reduction for the Model Y Performance was incorrectly calculated as 23%. It should have been listed as 18.6%. The Model Y Long Range has the largest % reduction of 19.7%.
I ordered a Y Performance Black Interior, No FSD, on 1/13 and received an EDD of 1/16. I scheduled a delivery of 1/18 at the Scottsdale Raintree Service/Delivery center. The cars Fremont production date was 1/10.

Attachments

• Tesla US price reductions Announced On January 13th 2023.jpg
    Tesla US price reductions Announced On January 13th 2023.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 122
Let me know how it goes I'm in Coolidge and just ordered one as well assuming delivery will either be in Mesa or Scottsdale. My date went from Jan-March to end of Jan now. No vin yet assuming once I complete financing it might change

I saw my car at the Tesla Scottsdale Service Center today. It had Matrix headlights and no USS. I have attached a screen shot of an earlier post which listed the Tesla car price reductions announced on January 13th. The % reduction for the Model Y Performance was incorrectly calculated as 23%. It should have been listed as 18.6%. The Model Y Long Range has the largest % reduction of 19.7%.
The tires on the car were Michelin Pilot Sport, rated ZR. I don't know if these are delivered on all Y Performance cars. Since the tires are wider on the rear, rotation is done by swapping the tires laterally (L to R).

MYLR White/White/TowHitch
OD: 1/13
VIN: 1/14
Set Delivery Date: 1/16
DD: 1/21

boy-that-escalated-quickly-ron-burgundy.gif

Haven't even secured financing yet due to bank holiday and I have to fly to Florida to pick it up (where I'm from)
For sure was not 'ready' as I was expecting late Feb-March. But I'll make it work.

Primary concern now is I'm getting someone else's reject. Will check closely.

Los Angeles area
Ordered: 1/13
Config: Model Y LR, White with black interior, 19" wheels.
EDD: On the first day it just said Jan-March then the very next day changed to January 24-Feb 7.
No VIN yet.

I'm honestly wondering if they will actually be able to deliver before the march cut off date, Im a bit worried cus I accidentally clicked on "change" on the registration tab on the app and and the app treated it like a reset so im hoping that didnt push me down the line or anything, so far the EDD hasnt changed but that incident happened on sunday and it was a holiday yesterday so who knows what will happen.

Los Angeles area
Ordered: 1/13
Config: Model Y LR, White with black interior, 19" wheels.
EDD: On the first day it just said Jan-March then the very next day changed to January 24-Feb 7.
No VIN yet.

I'm honestly wondering if they will actually be able to deliver before the march cut off date, Im a bit worried cus I accidentally clicked on "change" on the registration tab on the app and and the app treated it like a reset so im hoping that didnt push me down the line or anything, so far the EDD hasnt changed but that incident happened on sunday and it was a holiday yesterday so who knows what will happen.
I remember back when we original had our order in anything within a window EDD of two weeks was a good sign it was close.

Ordered: 1/13 11pm ET
Config: MY LR AWD + MSM + Black Interior + 19" wheels
EDD: Originally was Jan-March and within 1 day was changed to 1/30 - 2/27 and still there

Hoping to hear more news soon on EDD and welcome the 2nd Tesla in our family (for my wife)!! Loving my M3 LR and could not resist making the move a bit early and trade in my wife's 2020 Honda CRV Hybrid Touring (we really like that car ... but ... Model Y!)