Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/14 , screwed up and didn’t complete tasks until 1/18. (Will that make a difference? )
MYLR White/black, all standard
EDD: January-March
That used to be a thing but it was reported that Tesla changed that mid-2022 so it didn't matter anymore.
When it was a thing, some people didn't properly complete tasks till months later and then went into line at the date of completion and not order. Of course this was back in the 8-12month waiting period so who knows now a days.

OD: 1/12
MYLR white/black, all standard.

Changed interior from white to black yesterday, and got a VIN today! Austin build.

Current EDD: 1/20-1/27

Part of me will always consistently go back and forth on white/black seats. I know if I change to black I'd have a car within a week.

Other than the BLINDING DASH on the White Seats I know that I would absolutely KICK myself and not follow through w/ white. I'm sticking to my guns...for now.

same, I also didn't do the task till 1/18. wanted to know if this affects. I didn't;t see any change in my EDD yet (still Jan-mar) and I ordered on 1/13 at 11 pm.

The fact that you don't have a shorter EDD range yet shows that it did matter. I would say substantially everyone who had an OD of 1/13-1/15 has a more defined EDD now.

Reactions: mt247
Could be your spec. It seems white interiors are coming out from Fremont more. Black interiors are coming from Austin regardless of where you are. Have no hard evidence supporting it other than what I’m observing from this thread
I spoke with my sales rep since the SA has been unresponsive. He told me the build date was 1/6/23 so unlikely a reject as I feared. Fingers crossed quality is fine tomorrow.

Reactions: jose3030
Northern Jersey
Ordered: all stock except for the color - gray/silver (MSM)
OD: 1/14 (Jan-Mar delivery initial, like everyone else)
Next day (1/15) got my Austin-built VIN (PA55xxx) with updated EDD of 1/27-2/3.
Confirmed with SA that it has the comfort suspension and vehicle was "born on" 1/16/2023 so hopefully that gives others a frame of reference for VIN#/Mfg date.

Reactions: WyoDude
Finger Lakes Region, NY
OD: 1/13/23
Tasks Completed: 1/16/23
EDD: 1/23/23-2/20/23
PW, Black Interior, No Extras

I’m ok with it being pushed out as long as possible. The weather this time of year can definitely be a factor in driving 3 1/2 hours to pick the car up 😊

Last edited:
people who got their VIN, have you enquired about the some of changes between the Austin and Fremont plant? I am looking to understand these 4 mainly New Door Panels, Matrix Headlights, 4680 vs 2170 battery, and cameras.

I see some news about their new AMD chips in the infotainment system, anyone has any idea about this? whether they made these changes to all the model Y?

people who got their VIN, have you enquired about the some of changes between the Austin and Fremont plant? I am looking to understand these 4 mainly New Door Panels, Matrix Headlights, 4680 vs 2170 battery, and cameras.

I see some news about their new AMD chips in the infotainment system, anyone has any idea about this? whether they made these changes to all the model Y?
Regardless of plant you will get new door panels, AMD chip, 2170 battery and old cameras.
If Fremont you will likely get Matrix headlights but that isn't guarenteed (Tesla seems to switch at random). Austin has never shipped a car with matrix (to date).

I am taking Y LR tomorrow. Ordered on 1/13 and VIN got assigned instantly. Trading ID4 with still loan on it and took 5 days to get all things cleared.
I applied loan through tesla and got approved by US bank at 5.99 apr and same rate irrespective 48/60/72. I accepted 48 months and rest of the down payment through tesla app around 5pm today.
Just few min ago got text some thing changed and i need ro review and accept , i see finance apr changed to 5.34% (nice) but finance institution is now Tesla finance. (Also got text message from credit agencies for this hard enquiry in addition to hard enquiry on 1/13 by US bank.
1. Is this normal ?
2.finance term is 72 months and no option to reduce to 36/48/60 months etc.. sent to SA and my SA answers once a day through text at most
3. I do see credit loan discloser agreement, i see wording like " i may negotiate finance rate with seller ( tesla ? )

Anyone experienced similar ? What options i have since tomorrow at 10am my delivery.
I am planning to refinance anyways but looks to me very weird by last minute change and dictating term limit

How was the pick up experience?

Boston, MA
Stock MYLR + tow hitch
OD: 1/18 @ 6:45PM ET (initial EDD - Jan-Mar)
EED: today (1/19) EDD updated to 3/29-3/31, no VIN yet

Glad I pulled the trigger last night, as it looks like the deliveries are already being pushed to the end of March. Fingers crossed I will still qualify for the full refund. I also have a test drive scheduled for tomorrow (1/20) and plant to check with SA on what potential hardware changes (if any) are expected for my delivery.

I called my SA and he was able to tell me that my car is still in California(Fremont build) and will be here(Washington DC) on the 29th. Scheduled for delivery Feb 04. There was availability on the 30th but that’s a Monday and would need to take time off. Super excited..now need to check if Caravana will hold off in picking up my car until the 4th

Order date: 1/12 11:30pm EST
MYLR: Red/black
Vin assigned: 01/15
EDD: Jan 29 - Feb 5

Part of me will always consistently go back and forth on white/black seats. I know if I change to black I'd have a car within a week.

Other than the BLINDING DASH on the White Seats I know that I would absolutely KICK myself and not follow through w/ white. I'm sticking to my guns...for now.
Heh, I was in the same boat until I test drove a M3 and a MY (again) yesterday. As the driver, I was surprised at how little I really noticed that horrible wood paneling on the dash and along the doors of the black interior.

For tax rebate sensitivities, I am willing to switch to the dark side, save $1,000, and guarantee a quick delivery. As a bonus, I really wanted an Austin build, so it is awesome that worked out as well.

If I end up hating the paneling after living with it for a while, I can always buy some different wood inserts.

Delivery scheduled for Tuesday so we’ll see!