Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heh, I was in the same boat until I test drove a M3 and a MY (again) yesterday. As the driver, I was surprised at how little I really noticed that horrible wood paneling on the dash and along the doors of the black interior.

For tax rebate sensitivities, I am willing to switch to the dark side, save $1,000, and guarantee a quick delivery. As a bonus, I really wanted an Austin build, so it is awesome that worked out as well.

If I end up hating the paneling after living with it for a while, I can always buy some different wood inserts.

Delivery scheduled for Tuesday so we’ll see!
I LOVE the wood. I hate the white dash, but love the white seats. There is a swap program online, I may end up doing. If we get a week into February and I won’t have a date I’ll switch to black real quick! :)

Reactions: evannole and PewPew
How was the pick up experience?
Not good actually.. vehicle is fine and atleast i didnt find issues.. i will look into more detail at home
Real issue was, i was trading ID4 and expecting my custom plate transferred and also it will minimize the registration fees.
Once i am at tesla, delivery rep told me that the plate needs to be minimum 60 days for them to transfer. I asked them why they didnt inform me all these.. til yesterday my balance was zero and at 10am today my unpaid balance is $177. I was literally mad.. so i paid $177 and got new temp tag, i need to return my custom plate . The answer i got from the delivery rep was, itseems they couldnt able to manage so many deliveries and they said sorry.. i get it.. Musk is trying to get vehicle without dealer network but time is catching up where expectations will be high with high competition is very near by with other manufacturers.. it is not about my $177 but "my time" to return the plate (going to dmv), apply vehicle property tax refund (old trade in car) which will take couple of months, i get new property tax bill in one month which will be at higher value which is a loss to me.. all this avoided if delivery rep has time to deal each customer at one time with one customer

Reactions: jose3030
Heh, I was in the same boat until I test drove a M3 and a MY (again) yesterday. As the driver, I was surprised at how little I really noticed that horrible wood paneling on the dash and along the doors of the black interior.

For tax rebate sensitivities, I am willing to switch to the dark side, save $1,000, and guarantee a quick delivery. As a bonus, I really wanted an Austin build, so it is awesome that worked out as well.

If I end up hating the paneling after living with it for a while, I can always buy some different wood inserts.

can you explain why Austin build? just curious about what's different from Fremont's build

Individual tastes are so interesting. I like the wood trim - have had it, along with the black interior, in my 3 for nearly 5 years. My Dad's car is identical to mine.

Meanwhile, I really dislike the white strip on the dash and am glad I don't have it. Our (my wife's) Y, arriving on Saturday, will have the wood. My Mom picked up a very gently used Y two weeks ago and it has the white interior, and she feels the same way about the white strip on the dash. I'll be wrapping it for her the next time we visit. I think she'd prefer black seats, too, but that's beyond my capabilities. (I wouldn't mind white seats, but would never want the white dash. Really wish they'd do a medium gray, or a warm brown. The brown/charcoal two-tone seats in my wife's Volvo that we just sold this week were really nice looking.)

Any austin build car, if not performance car, then LR comes with old lights. Confirmed by delivery rep today when i saw my LR without matrix lights

Part of me will always consistently go back and forth on white/black seats. I know if I change to black I'd have a car within a week.

Other than the BLINDING DASH on the White Seats I know that I would absolutely KICK myself and not follow through w/ white. I'm sticking to my guns...for now.
I don't know, I feel like if you change it now to black, you might be behind all the others who have ordered the black, no?

But I personally love the white interior, I will just wait. It is something I really want.

Reactions: PewPew
Does proximity to factory matter to determine where your car comes from? Hoping I get a Fremont one (white LR base model) since I live 2 hours away...

But at the end of the day if I don't get matrix headlights I can't complain as the tax credit makes up for it
Only lock in on location would be seats. Austin doesn’t deliver white seats.

Most believe other than that - east coast = Austin.

Reactions: PewPew