Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are actually a lot of threads on this for both MY and M3. I first detected the issue when Tesla Insurance quoted me for a Performance instead of LR. The Performance motor won't actually make any difference when the software is set to run the car as a LR.
I had run a quote through Indiana BMV recently and they still show the price of a LR as 65900. Can’t wait to have that convo with them when I register my chicle.

Also while I’m on the soap box, CAN WE STOP CHARGING AN EXTRA $150 FEE FOR EVS?!?

Did you do all the steps in the app? Like providing your drivers license etc

Somebody else earlier in the thread did it pretty late and they hadn’t gotten a more specific range either

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but it can’t hurt to try

My theory is that for folks who have a 1-2 week EDD, the factory already built the car and it’s the time estimate for getting it to the local area for delivery. If one has a 3-4 week EDD, the factory hasn’t yet built the car, but it’s scheduled for production shortly. Those who have 4+ week EDDs, their cars haven’t been scheduled for production yet (potentially because of paint, interior color, seat confit, etc.).

Meanwhile, all of that goes out the window if you are matched to an inventory car and the vin assignment comes (from HQ at least) once the local area has taken the car off the vehicle carrier.

This isn’t inside info, just my personal thoughts on anecdotal timelines people have posted.

Reactions: WetzelPretzel
How is everyone getting such short ranges for their EDD. I ordered on the 13th and feel like I am the only one who still doesn't have a VIN or narrower edd lol.

OD: 1/13 @1130am
Model Y LR
Default all (white ext, black int, Gemini)
Initial: Jan-Mar
EDD updated 2 days ago: Jan30-feb 27
No VIN
North Carolina
I am also in NC (Raleigh area) and my configuration is different (MSM / Black / 19") - but I also have no VIN with the same EDD of 1/30 - 2/27. I am thinking we are right in like for mid-Feb most likely. I know in the past things have been unpredictable ... but when I got my Model 3 the initial range was accurate, it tightened over time down to 4 weeks and then VIN + 2 week window. From there it all comes down to shipping. I am VERY curious to see if those of us in Raleigh, NC get Austin or Fremont builds!

I am also in NC (Raleigh area) and my configuration is different (MSM / Black / 19") - but I also have no VIN with the same EDD of 1/30 - 2/27. I am thinking we are right in like for mid-Feb most likely. I know in the past things have been unpredictable ... but when I got my Model 3 the initial range was accurate, it tightened over time down to 4 weeks and then VIN + 2 week window. From there it all comes down to shipping. I am VERY curious to see if those of us in Raleigh, NC get Austin or Fremont builds!
I am in Raleigh area as well. From what I see, if white seats then for sure fremont. Otherwise it's a toss up. Only difference seems to be possible matrix headlights from Fremont, and none from Austin.

Reactions: HalfNHalfT
OD: 1/13
Model Y LR
White/White/19

Initial : Jan-Mar
Jan 14th EDD update : Jan16-Jan30
Jan 17th EDD update : Jan17-Jan30 + Loan secured from Tesla ( 5.3% )
Jan 18th EDD update : Jan18-Jan30
Jan 19th EDD update : Jan19-Jan31
Jan 20th VIN assigned + EDD update : Jan23-Jan29 + Delivery schedule request for Jan 25 or 26th

VIN shows Fremont manufactured car

OD: 1/13
Model Y LR
White/White/19

Initial : Jan-Mar
Jan 14th EDD update : Jan16-Jan30
Jan 17th EDD update : Jan17-Jan30 + Loan secured from Tesla ( 5.3% )
Jan 18th EDD update : Jan18-Jan30
Jan 19th EDD update : Jan19-Jan31
Jan 20th VIN assigned + EDD update : Jan23-Jan29 + Delivery schedule request for Jan 25 or 26th

VIN shows Fremont manufactured car
Sounds like your one of the lucky ones that got in right at the time they had some inventory. Two days later and I'm in the 4 week window starting next week. Congrats and enjoy your new Model Y. I just hope I get mine by February 9th so I don't have to redo Carvana trade-in or Tesla Loan app again...

My EDD is over a Feb 2- Mar 2. If I see something I want to change to in inventory, how does one go about doing that. They are gone so fast, there is no way to do it over the phone. It takes forever to get someone to pick up at customer service.
Hard to do. I used to have an “accelerated delivery” option but I do not any longer. So maybe after a certain time they won’t allow you to? Just not sure.

Sounds like your one of the lucky ones that got in right at the time they had some inventory. Two days later and I'm in the 4 week window starting next week. Congrats and enjoy your new Model Y. I just hope I get mine by February 9th so I don't have to redo Carvana trade-in or Tesla Loan app again...
I ordered at 1/13 at 1am MST. I was just heading to bed and saw the price drop + federal credit and jumped on it. I ordered and assumed the $250 would just be an opportunity cost in case I change my mind in the morning. Since then I did a test drive and saw countless reviews and now feel good about jumping on the opportunity right away.
Anyway, I wish you get yours too, before the federal government throws a wrench in the mix starting March assuming you are qualified for the tax credit.

Reactions: WyoDude
I ordered at 1/13 at 1am MST. I was just heading to bed and saw the price drop + federal credit and jumped on it. I ordered and assumed the $250 would just be an opportunity cost in case I change my mind in the morning. Since then I did a test drive and saw countless reviews and now feel good about jumping on the opportunity right away.
Anyway, I wish you get yours too, before the federal government throws a wrench in the mix starting March assuming you are qualified for the tax credit.
Ya. I actually was on hold due to trying to build a house. Once I saw the price drops/fed credit guidelines on the 14th I immediately contacted our loan officer with some additional details and he replied "enjoy your new car" so on the 15th I officially put my order "off hold" and resumed the purchase. I do hope that gives me some priority ranking (order has been in the system since May2022) but that's all speculation.

another reason to check your phone before you go to sleep.
I wonder how could you sleep after you placed the order?
I would probably awake all night with the excitement. LOL!!!

Reactions: PewPew
Just curious. Does nearly everyone who ordered a white exterior really love that color? Or are you just ordering that because the EDD seems to be much quicker? I ordered a red (only option I chose) MYLR on January 13th with the black interior which still has an EDD of 1 Feb to 1 Mar 2023. C'mon Tesla, change the production line and let some other folks have a chance.

Reactions: EEORed
Just curious. Does nearly everyone who ordered a white exterior really love that color? Or are you just ordering that because the EDD seems to be much quicker? I ordered a red (only option I chose) MYLR on January 13th with the black interior which still has an EDD of 1 Feb to 1 Mar 2023. C'mon Tesla, change the production line and let some other folks have a chance.
We seem to only buy white cars. At some point I tried to convince the wife to let me go red outside white inside (what is labeled as the “tesla fanboy” combo) but she wasn’t having it.

Never owned a White car, always wanted white and my wife wanted white....so I ordered the Silver!

Yea, i got white =)

• Funny
Reactions: smallindiana