Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious. Does nearly everyone who ordered a white exterior really love that color? Or are you just ordering that because the EDD seems to be much quicker?
My husband wanted blue but changed his mind once he saw it in person. He chose white as it’s a nice pearl and the black accents stand out more. Price and availability weren’t a factor in the color choice. If it were for me I liked grey…but I have a beautiful bright blue Mini Cooper SE 🚙 so he got to choose the color.

Does nearly everyone who ordered a white exterior really love that color? Or are you just ordering that because the EDD seems to be much quicker?

I chose white because:
  • It's the only color that doesn't cost $1,000 to $2,000 extra.
  • Black requires too much maintenance.
  • My MX-5 Miata is red and I don't want two red vehicles.
  • It just seems like the "right" color for a Model Y.
  • I think silver/gray is uninteresting.
  • My last seven daily drivers have been white.
  • I like blue jeans, but not blue vehicles.
  • White is among the most popular colors for automobiles which makes it easier to sell/trade since it appeals to a wider audience.
To keep this reply relevant to the thread...

Mine:

OD: 1/20
EDD: Jan-Mar 2023
MYLR white/black, no options

My brother-in-law's:

OD: 1/15
EDD: 2/5 to 3/5
MYLR white/black, 20"

Just curious. Does nearly everyone who ordered a white exterior really love that color? Or are you just ordering that because the EDD seems to be much quicker? I ordered a red (only option I chose) MYLR on January 13th with the black interior which still has an EDD of 1 Feb to 1 Mar 2023. C'mon Tesla, change the production line and let some other folks have a chance.
Our first Tesla was white. sold that (M3) when prices were crazy high and purchased a MSM M3P (before price increases). We loved our white, and now ordered a white MY. I will tell you to DEFINITELY PPF the White - rock chips are easily seen on the white Teslas.

I think I've got the latest EDD of April 10-May 22. This must be incorrect right? Order date: 1/18. I saw others who had similar order dates with much earlier EDD. Socal based.
I guess that's the right number. Tesla should have to change the est. delivery date in the beginning. I feel like they are using of this date to get more people for tax credit. I hope the revised law doesn't affect the amount of credit we will get.

Just curious. Does nearly everyone who ordered a white exterior really love that color? Or are you just ordering that because the EDD seems to be much quicker? I ordered a red (only option I chose) MYLR on January 13th with the black interior which still has an EDD of 1 Feb to 1 Mar 2023. C'mon Tesla, change the production line and let some other folks have a chance.
Got white because it's a classic color that doesn't really age with time, and plus it's free. Good visibility for other cars (except when it snows, which it doesn't often in NC)

Our first Tesla is a White M3 LR and I absolutely love the color. Then we decided to get a MY LR and my husband wanted MSM, so that’s what we got. I REALLY wanted a white Y.
Fast forward to last Friday the 13th and the price cuts, I’m finally getting my white MY 🥰

It really is a nice color. I will say that if you get chips in your bumper, they will show up black. I was late getting the PPF installed so I have a few beauty marks.
I like the MSM but it shows every paint defect unfortunately.

I think you will be happy with just driving a Tesla 😊

I had to change the delivery task to add my wife as a secondary owner. Will this affect my EDD? Ordered on 1/16 but changed the delivery task today and the task is still open (my wife didn't get the email to verify the driver's license).

My EDD been showing Jan - March since the order date.

I had to change the delivery task to add my wife as a secondary owner. Will this affect my EDD? Ordered on 1/16 but changed the delivery task today and the task is still open (my wife didn't get the email to verify the driver's license).

My EDD been showing Jan - March since the order date.
This is not normal. You should have a narrower EDD by now. Complete the tasks. To get around the email problem, have your wife setup a new Tesla account with a different email address first, then go into your account to update her email address. The tasks will then show up in her Tesla account.

Our first Tesla is a White M3 LR and I absolutely love the color. Then we decided to get a MY LR and my husband wanted MSM, so that’s what we got. I REALLY wanted a white Y.
Fast forward to last Friday the 13th and the price cuts, I’m finally getting my white MY 🥰

It really is a nice color. I will say that if you get chips in your bumper, they will show up black. I was late getting the PPF installed so I have a few beauty marks.
I like the MSM but it shows every paint defect unfortunately.

I think you will be happy with just driving a Tesla 😊
We went White/MSM/White like you guys :). PPF is a must.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Hard to do. I used to have an “accelerated delivery” option but I do not any longer. So maybe after a certain time they won’t allow you to? Just not sure.
I still see accelerated delivery but every time I check the cars are over the 55K price limit for the tax credit. Honestly they should start removing the tow bar and 20” wheels from those inventory cars to make them less than 55K

It’s interesting reading through this thread that majority of people got black interiors. Here in SoCal there’s a boat load of 3s and Ys and majority I see are white interiors.
Can also confirm that in Indiana most of what I’ve seen at our delivery center are black interiors. Only a few white performance models on the lot.

I’m sure there is some other someone as crazy as I am that has setup a daily Fremont tracker. :)