Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still see accelerated delivery but every time I check the cars are over the 55K price limit for the tax credit. Honestly they should start removing the tow bar and 20” wheels from those inventory cars to make them less than 55K
Interesting enough I think there is a “bot” on Twitter called Tesla Inventory Tracker. Every time the site adds a new “car” to the inventory page they tweet the link and spec. This may hurt me (as someone here may use it to snag a car I could match with) but figured I’d pass it along.

Can also confirm that in Indiana most of what I’ve seen at our delivery center are black interiors. Only a few white performance models on the lot.

I’m sure there is some other someone as crazy as I am that has setup a daily Fremont tracker. :)
Have all Fremont cars delivered right now been equipped with matrix headlights? I ordered a white interior and I believe you had said Austin never produced any white interior cars so that narrows it down to a Fremont car for me

Just curious. Does nearly everyone who ordered a white exterior really love that color? Or are you just ordering that because the EDD seems to be much quicker? I ordered a red (only option I chose) MYLR on January 13th with the black interior which still has an EDD of 1 Feb to 1 Mar 2023. C'mon Tesla, change the production line and let some other folks have a chance.
Our family is a long time Volvo aficionado and used to minimalistic interior (none of them had a white exterior though). Test drove my neighbour's blue MY5 and thought that the only color which fits Tesla's spartan interior is really white exterior with black interior (black door handles give it a nice art nouveau vibe).

This is not normal. You should have a narrower EDD by now. Complete the tasks. To get around the email problem, have your wife setup a new Tesla account with a different email address first, then go into your account to update her email address. The tasks will then show up in her Tesla account.
Thanks for the info. She only has one email address. Any other workaround you can think of? Maybe I will make her primary and try to add myself as secondary?

Thanks for the info. She only has one email address. Any other workaround you can think of? Maybe I will make her primary and try to add myself as secondary?
I think there may have problem for the app. I ordered the MYLR yesterday. Trying to complete the tasks this morning. I have me and my wife be the co-owner. I finished the first two tasks. When I get to financing, I keep getting the error message "Request failed with status code 400". I have logged out and logged back in many times and still not working. My wife said she does not receive any email from Tesla today. I called Tesla and have been on hold since 11am (EST) this morning. They may be overwhelmed. Does anyone know what is the problem for status code 400. Do I have to complete all the tasks before I get EDD. Thanks

No way, white interior just seem to be too much of a hassle to keep clean. I wear blue and black jeans so those white seats will be ruined real quick.
The transfer stuff can be mitigated with a good ceramic coat. Also you just keep baby wipes in the car. Some would say they are “easier to clean” due to the material used.

There are tons of YouTube vloggers that make a pretty convincing case for the white interior.

My argument will continue to be that HORRIFIC UNSAFE GLARING white dash.

Our family is a long time Volvo aficionado and used to minimalistic interior (none of them had a white exterior though). Test drove my neighbour's blue MY5 and thought that the only color which fits Tesla's spartan interior is really white exterior with black interior (black door handles give it a nice art nouveau vibe).
Volvo makes it easier to switch to Tesla for sure IMO

I think there may have problem for the app. I ordered the MYLR yesterday. Trying to complete the tasks this morning. I have me and my wife be the co-owner. I finished the first two tasks. When I get to financing, I keep getting the error message "Request failed with status code 400". I have logged out and logged back in many times and still not working. My wife said she does not receive any email from Tesla today. I called Tesla and have been on hold since 11am (EST) this morning. They may be overwhelmed. Does anyone know what is the problem for status code 400. Do I have to complete all the tasks before I get EDD. Thanks
I am in the exact same situation as you and I ordered yesterday. Hope someone knows how to fix that error