Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR - MSM/Black 19"
OD: 1/18, 8PM CST
EDD currently: April 03 - May 15

Greetings - Thanks to all that have posted on this forum.

Just curious if anyone based out of MN ordered around 1/18 and has EDD similar to mine? I completed all the registration tasks within 30 minutes of ordering and my EDD is beyong the advertised Jan-Mar date for my zip code. I called the local Tesla dealer who indicated mine was the first they had seen that far out.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

MYLR - MSM/Black 19"
OD: 1/18, 8PM CST
EDD currently: April 03 - May 15

Greetings - Thanks to all that have posted on this forum.

Just curious if anyone based out of MN ordered around 1/18 and has EDD similar to mine? I completed all the registration tasks within 30 minutes of ordering and my EDD is beyong the advertised Jan-Mar date for my zip code. I called the local Tesla dealer who indicated mine was the first they had seen that far out.

Any insight would be much appreciated!
Bummer, I was thinking of ordering that exact combo for my wife. Hopefully the new guidelines that will come out in March won't disallow everything from $3,750.

MYLR Blue/Black 19" w/ Tow
OD: 1/14, midday EST
EDD currently: February 09 - March 09

First time ordering, I've found this forum really helpful.

I'm thinking about switching to pearl white -- does anyone know what that would likely do to my EDD? Would that be a better chance of earlier delivery, or does that risk pushing back delivery significantly? Do they penalize you for switching up the order?

Also, my app still says "complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery", but I've done registration and financing and am waiting on a trade-in offer from Tesla. Does having that pending make me appear as not having completed the tasks? I'm probably worrying too much, but reading through this thread makes me wonder whether or not that matters.
Whether switching to white will have a benefit or detriment will just depend on when Tesla is scheduled to do a run of Blue vs White. No way to know or predict that. They don't penalize you for making changes to your order. I switched from MSM to Blue and my EDD improved by 3 months but that was back last year when wait times were crazy long.
I think they do make a lot more white but that is because it is the most ordered color. I remember times when there would be a month lull in Blue paint production that delayed Blue orders...same can happen for any paint color but probably less common for white. However, blue seems to be much more popular these days and it seems Tesla is making Blue regularly. Tesla runs the paint colours in batches. Red and Black seem to be least often but also seem to be the least ordered (maybe due to higher price). MSM and Blue seem similar. I guess it will just depend on how much of a backlog of white orders there are right now vs how many Tesla is producing.

Last year it was always recommended to leave your payment method to Cash and not to do Trade-in estimates until you got a VIN. There were many reports of this delaying people's EDDs. However, things are so different now with such short delivery times that I don't know if it makes a difference anymore. There was also mention last Summer that Tesla did away with delaying orders that hadn't completed all the tasks but I don't know if that was ever proven or confirmed.

Reactions: geekfam
Whether switching to white will have a benefit or detriment will just depend on when Tesla is scheduled to do a run of Blue vs White. No way to know or predict that. They don't penalize you for making changes to your order. I switched from MSM to Blue and my EDD improved by 3 months but that was back last year when wait times were crazy long.
I think they do make a lot more white but that is because it is the most ordered color. I remember times when there would be a month lull in Blue paint production that delayed Blue orders...same can happen for any paint color but probably less common for white. However, blue seems to be much more popular these days and it seems Tesla is making Blue regularly. Tesla runs the paint colours in batches. Red and Black seem to be least often but also seem to be the least ordered (maybe due to higher price). MSM and Blue seem similar. I guess it will just depend on how much of a backlog of white orders there are right now vs how many Tesla is producing.

Last year it was always recommended to leave your payment method to Cash and not to do Trade-in estimates until you got a VIN. There were many reports of this delaying people's EDDs. However, things are so different now with such short delivery times that I don't know if it makes a difference anymore. There was also mention last Summer that Tesla did away with delaying orders that hadn't completed all the tasks but I don't know if that was ever proven or confirmed.
Great information. Thank you for the response!

I ordered MY LRAWD on January 12 and it was ready for delivery on 20th. I’m holding them up waiting on our financing company. We’re in Western WA for reference. None were available at nearby locations so we took a gamble and ordered. Just waiting to see if I got lucky with matrix headlights or not.

It betta come with the car or else I will go full karen if I have to start with superchargers lol.
Most people received it before delivery but a few ran into problems and were stuck supercharging for a few days (week?) before it arrived. But Tesla doesn't ship it till close to delivery time so after VIN. It will not be in the car at delivery so watch for that Tesla email with tracking number once you have a VIN for the MY. J1772 adapter will be in the car at delivery.

Reactions: Joshua Payne
Austin has giga press which is a single cast frame. Allegedly they’re using it for Ys already but I just read what people have said on that. It’ll be quieter and more rigid structure. Fremont gets you matrix headlights. Pick your poison, not that you have a choice lol
Others can correct me if I'm wrong but I think Fremont MYs get the same cast body like Austin front and rear.