Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you order and when?

1/13 OD 7:00pm, completed profile 1/14. No vin yet, Rochester Area.

NVM, i looked post history, my vin should be any second now. Maybe if you put a hold/delay your vehicle I can have yours, ROFL!!!
Haha, I definitely won’t be putting a hold on it.
Finally someone “local” that ordered!!!
Are you doing carrier direct or going to Mt. Kisco to pick it up? We like the drive down there and the drive back is better because you’re in a Tesla.
Did you see the new service center in Henrietta?! It’s beautiful. The old location was too small and trying to get in and out of there was a nightmare.
Enjoy your new Tesla 😊

Reactions: geekfam
OD: Early hours 1/14
DBM LR Black Interior
Seattle WA
EDD: 1/25 - 2/15 (saw it change on 1/20)
No VIN

Anyone see VINs in WA or from 1/14? Trying to figure if there is a rhyme in deliveries.
When it comes to Tesla the one thing that is certain is there is no rhyme or reason....LOL

Of course there probably is but it is hard to understand sometimes. I think that TMC members are such a small % of the total customers/deliveries that it is hard to figure out the rhyme just by reading these types of threads.

I spent 9 months on here subscribed to every month's delivery thread and more and after all that I could only come up with these few pearls:
1) Tesla produces in batches of colours, configs
2) VINs are not perfectly sequential as they are tied to those batches so just because you get a Blue car with a VIN that looks old compared to some recent white ones doesn't mean you got a reject. (even rejects are probably 95% of the time due to timing or financing and not QC)
3) Certain colours and options are produced much less frequently than others (eg. white>MSM~=blue>black>red; black seats>white; 5>7 etc)
4) Tesla uses the start of a quarter to ship further away and saves closer deliveries to CA and now TX and neighbouring states to the end of quarter when they don't have enough time to ship further away. You will see in the latter half of March that people in CA that ordered way after people in say NY will get cars "early".
5) Tesla would wait to have enough cars to fill a truck before shipping to a particular delivery centre. With the volume they are doing these days I doubt this has much affect anymore unless your DC is very low volume one. Sandy Munro says Tesla has a station time of 40s meaning a new car off the line every 40 seconds. The best any other manufacturer has ever achieved is ~60s.
6) Final and most important...anything an SA or call centre tells you is somewhere between 50-100% wrong.

Haha, I definitely won’t be putting a hold on it.
Finally someone “local” that ordered!!!
Are you doing carrier direct or going to Mt. Kisco to pick it up? We like the drive down there and the drive back is better because you’re in a Tesla.
Did you see the new service center in Henrietta?! It’s beautiful. The old location was too small and trying to get in and out of there was a nightmare.
Enjoy your new Tesla 😊
Oh, I didn’t know how to do pick up or where too, it’s first Tesla. The new service center does look beautiful, I didn’t notice it until yesterday. I need it to come in on or before 28th as I have a trip the following week.

I like to watch the drone footage if the Tesla factory and so many whites.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Oh, I didn’t know how to do pick up or where too, it’s first Tesla. The new service center does look beautiful, I didn’t notice it until yesterday. I need it to come in on or before 28th as I have a trip the following week.

I like to watch the drone footage if the Tesla factory and so many whites.
I see! I think when it gets closer to your delivery Tesla will contact you and ask if you want to pick it up or go carrier direct. If you want to pick it up you have to go to Mt. Kisco which is down near NYC.

Yes the drone footage is amazing!

I see! I think when it gets closer to your delivery Tesla will contact you and ask if you want to pick it up or go carrier direct. If you want to pick it up you have to go to Mt. Kisco which is down near NYC.

Yes the drone footage is amazing!
Hmm… that may work out for me, I can pick it up on way back from Baltimore. Thanks for info?

Did you or do you plan to order EAP?

Reactions: 3YMimi73
OD: 1/14/2023 9:30pm Southern CA
MYLR W/W/19" w/ EAP
Finished tasks 1/15/2023 in the morning.
EDD RANGE: Feb 15 - March 22
No VIN yet..

I'm thinking now that I have should have waited for the EAP to try it vs the standard AP. Anyone have experience with the EAP? Worth it?

OD: 1/14/2023 9:30pm Southern CA
MYLR W/W/19" w/ EAP
Finished tasks 1/15/2023 in the morning.
EDD RANGE: Feb 15 - March 22
No VIN yet..

I'm thinking now that I have should have waited for the EAP to try it vs the standard AP. Anyone have experience with the EAP? Worth it?
Unless you specifically wanted what is below then not worth it IMO. I personally will be waiting until there are leaps with FSD or really good discounts ( which doesn't seem like that will happen since the prices just keep going up and up and up )
  • Autopilot – Included with all vehicles, this is basic driving assistance.
    • Traffic Aware Cruise Control.
    • Automatic Steering / Lane Centering.
  • Enhanced Autopilot includes all the items above plus…
    • Navigate-on-Autopilot
    • Auto Lane Changes
    • Summon
    • Autopark

Unless you specifically wanted what is below then not worth it IMO. I personally will be waiting until there are leaps with FSD or really good discounts ( which doesn't seem like that will happen since the prices just keep going up and up and up )
  • Autopilot – Included with all vehicles, this is basic driving assistance.
    • Traffic Aware Cruise Control.
    • Automatic Steering / Lane Centering.
  • Enhanced Autopilotincludes all the items above plus…
    • Navigate-on-Autopilot
    • Auto Lane Changes
    • Summon
    • Autopark
I read that if you purchase EAP or FSD you could "return" it within 48 hours. Can I do this if EAP is installed at delivery? If I try to change software now would it affect EDD?

3rd Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned today 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated today 1/22)

I read that if you purchase EAP or FSD you could "return" it within 48 hours. Can I do this if EAP is installed at delivery? If I try to change software now would it affect EDD?
All cars come with the hardware to run FSD. You can always add after purchase. I did that in 2020 at delivery. I told them to take FSD off because I want to use my credit card to purchase FSD. Not sure about the "Return within 48 hrs" though. If that monthly subscription is still available I would suggest doing that after purchase and see if you really like and need those features.

I would recommend buying the subscription for a month to see if you like/need EAP. I had it on my first M3 (free from Elon for EOQ delivery :)). It is really awesome and comes with some cool features. I used Summon a lot during that time, but it isn't something I "need". I do miss the auto lane changes, but clearly not worth $6k