Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we
Tesla raised the base price by $500 so now the red doesn’t qualify since it puts you over the 55k. Wondering why they did that
To prevent folks like myself that ordered before price increase to included the tow package as that would increase part/labor cost. For example mine is White/White/5 seaters/Tow and listed for $54990 at the time and received my Order agreement. I believe Tesla still honor this price and should meet the Tax EV rebate as it is under $55k excluded any order fee/destination fee.

If you order now, with this configuration it would push it over $55k as the price has gone up to $500 increase. Please correct me if I'm wrong so I can change my order, I doubt that is the case as I seen old thread you pay for the lock in price of whatever it show on the order agreement.

MYLR5, MSM/Black

Order Date: Jan 13th
Original Estimated Delivery: Jan - Mar
Updated EDD as of 01/14/22: Jan 24 - Feb 7

1/23: Received a text from the delivery team indicating "vehicle is in production and expected to be assigned" in the upcoming weeks. Anyone else receive this text? Doesn't seem to be common. Still no VIN

MYLR5, MSM/Black

1/23: Received a text from the delivery team indicating "vehicle is in production and expected to be assigned" in the upcoming weeks. Anyone else receive this text? Doesn't seem to be common. Still no VIN
If you go to the MSM specific thread in this forum, a lot of us in the west coast are getting the Jan 24-Feb 7 EDD. But nobody has mentioned a text.

Reactions: WyoDude and bbbop
MYLR5, MSM/Black

My SA has ignored several of my questions and responses are delayed 2-3 days, super generic/have nothing to do with my questions...

I think the huge surge in demand = stores are crazy swamped, that's pretty good service if they're reaching out to you proactively.

we

To prevent folks like myself that ordered before price increase to included the tow package as that would increase part/labor cost. For example mine is White/White/5 seaters/Tow and listed for $54990 at the time and received my Order agreement. I believe Tesla still honor this price and should meet the Tax EV rebate as it is under $55k excluded any order fee/destination fee.

If you order now, with this configuration it would push it over $55k as the price has gone up to $500 increase. Please correct me if I'm wrong so I can change my order, I doubt that is the case as I seen old thread you pay for the lock in price of whatever it show on the order agreement.
Yes you are good. I also ordered a red with base options for 54,990 so the prices are locked

MYLR5, MSM/Black

Same specs but ordered on 1/14 and my EDD still says Jan 26 - Feb 23. No VIN or text :( but that sounds good that they are ganna do a MSM batch :)

Reactions: WyoDude
Tesla raised the base price by $500 so now the red doesn’t qualify since it puts you over the 55k. Wondering why they did that
I think many are trying to get an under $55K MY delivered before the end of March, which is creating a level of demand Tesla may not be able to meet. A subtle price increase like this can help decrease demand and/or allow them to produce more efficiently with a common vehicle (White or MSM LR with black or white interior).

Reactions: WyoDude
I think many are trying to get an under $55K MY delivered before the end of March, which is creating a level of demand Tesla may not be able to meet. A subtle price increase like this can help decrease demand and/or allow them to produce more efficiently with a common vehicle (White or MSM LR with black or white interior).
Yes they are down to only 6 possible configs....
W/B
W/B/Tow
W/W
MSM/B
DBM/B
Blk/B

Of course if you go 7 seater you can max out all options, not use the 3rd row and get the adjustable 2nd row as a bonus!! No cargo cover though.

With the recent price drop and tax credit eligibility I am seriously considering ordering a model y, color blue, 19” wheels. Does anyone know the approximate current wait time for delivery if an order is placed now? I would also welcome any information on the Tesla delivery process as it is a bit unclear to me. I am in Kentucky where I do not believe Tesla has a store location.
Apologies as this might have been answered... not sure what part of KY you're in. I'm in NKY and have had good interactions with the Cincinnati SC. They have one in Louisville it seems -
Tesla Service Center
11701 Gateworth Way, Louisville, KY