Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gotten quotes from 1000-1300 for install. Includes 50amp breaker, hardwire, and installation of the unit outside of garage. To be honest, I don't care what the costs are, since the $1500 is a credit on my utility bill. I signed up for a new Travel Rewards Credit Card to pay for the installation, charger, permits. I'll take the FREE POINTS & Bonus Offer Point

I am expecting to spend up to $1500 for install & Permit (Not including Charger). As mentioned before, PSE&G is giving me back up to $1500 credits for install and permit fee on select brands of level 2 chargers.

Bought Juice Box 40 Hardwire for $650.00. Charge Up NJ is giving back $250.00 for Juice Box and Charge Point chargers only. We should also get back 30% Tax credits on the charger which has been extended into 2023. So with the credit of $195 + $250 from NJ, the Juice Box would cost me only $205.

At the end of the day. The Juice Box 40 will only cost me $205 after install and permits. (and the flipside, I will get back Travel Rewards points with my travel rewards credit card)
Thank you! That's what I was looking for :) Yeah, that's probably the route I should have taken
I am expecting to spend up to $1500 for install & Permit (Not including Charger). As mentioned before, PSE&G is giving me back up to $1500 credits for install and permit fee on select brands of level 2 chargers.

Bought Juice Box 40 Hardwire for $650.00. Charge Up NJ is giving back $250.00 for Juice Box and Charge Point chargers only. We should also get back 30% Tax credits on the charger which has been extended into 2023. So with the credit of $195 + $250 from NJ, the Juice Box would cost me only $205.

At the end of the day. The Juice Box 40 will only cost me $205 after install and permits. (and the flipside, I will get back Travel Rewards points with my travel rewards credit card)
That's great intel - and sounds like probably the way to go - Thanks!

Yeah, I wish I had known before I placed my order, but TWC arrived Monday LOL. More wondering what I'll be leaving on the table with charging costs. (And maybe Tesla's will eventually be able to participate in the program.)

I believe they do cover up to $1500 for the install, but what is your out-of-pocket costs? Can you get the whole thing done at zero cost to you? Also, you have to call around to electricians, get quotes, schedule the install, etc. Yeah, those are probably lame excuses. :)

The other side of it for me is, my install will not be that hard, and I'm reasonably handy. An hour ago I ran to an electrical supply place, picked up 30ft. of 6 awg and 15 ft. of 8 awg for the ground, 10 feet of conduit and related hardware, for $57.87. The 60 amp breaker was $52.24 (and I have room in the panel). I also have a main service disconnect at the meter so I can de-energize my entire panel so I don't electrocute myself! :)

I believe NJ will give me $250 toward the charger? and a federal tax credit for 30% of the cost? Still need to figure all that out.

Let me know how you make out with electricians I'm very curious!

Do you know if the federal tax credit of 30% covers the installation of a NEMA 14-50 receptacle and the purchase of the mobile connector? or it needs to be the wall charger?