Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy that demand was that high....well maybe not too crazy considering how big of a price drop it was. Crazier still that Elon thinks $500 is going to moderate demand for a $55K vehicle....LOL
By moderating demand the 500 price increase serves the purpose of reducing the number of available configurations possible to stay below the 55k threshold on getting the tax credit. Right off the bat the 500 price increase reduces the amount of people who will order a tow hitch etc. someone pointed out that theres only 6 possible configurations possible to stay below the 55k. The effect for tesla would be less possible configurations and they can priorotize certain configs to meet the march delivery

• Informative
Reactions: zroger73
Remember though, for this 7k credit IRS considers either your current year income or prior year (2022) - whichever is less.
That is not true. The Tax Credit is for Tax Year 2023 if your transaction took place in 2023. For Instance, If you qualify for full 7500 and take delivery in February then next year when you file 2023 taxes you would take the credit then. Also note that any unused credits do not roll forward

That is not true. The Tax Credit is for Tax Year 2023 if your transaction took place in 2023. For Instance, If you qualify for full 7500 and take delivery in February then next year when you file 2023 taxes you would take the credit then. Also note that any unused credits do not roll forward
Here is the wording from the bill, you can claim credit either in 2023 or 2022 (preceding year) which ever is less;

“(10) Limitation based on modified adjusted gross income.—
“(A) In general.—No credit shall be allowed under subsection (a) for any taxable year if—
“(i) the lesser of—
“(I) the modified adjusted gross income of the taxpayer for such taxable year, or
“(II) the modified adjusted gross income of the taxpayer for the preceding taxable year, exceeds
“(ii) the threshold amount.

Reactions: repoted and Cyclone
Here is the wording from the bill, you can claim credit either in 2023 or 2022 (preceding year) which ever is less;

“(10) Limitation based on modified adjusted gross income.—
“(A) In general.—No credit shall be allowed under subsection (a) for any taxable year if—
“(i) the lesser of—
“(I) the modified adjusted gross income of the taxpayer for such taxable year, or
“(II) the modified adjusted gross income of the taxpayer for the preceding taxable year, exceeds
“(ii) the threshold amount.
The government is really making the tax credit confusing, I wish they would tell us when the battery requirements start.

• Funny
Reactions: repoted