Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By moderating demand the 500 price increase serves the purpose of reducing the number of available configurations possible to stay below the 55k threshold on getting the tax credit. Right off the bat the 500 price increase reduces the amount of people who will order a tow hitch etc. someone pointed out that theres only 6 possible configurations possible to stay below the 55k. The effect for tesla would be less possible configurations and they can priorotize certain configs to meet the march delivery
That is true (and that was me who listed the 6 combos and brought up the prioritization theory).
Tow can be added afterwards for just a few hundred extra than adding it at order.
You can certainly buy much nicer 20" wheel/tires for the price Tesla charges for the upgrade.
The only thing the price increase really screwed over was getting Red paint and getting white seats on anything but a white car.

But why $500? $1000 would have accomplished the exact same restrictions and increased revenue and maybe would discourage a few more people...certainly more than $500 did.

UPDATE:

1. I spoke with a sales person at Tesla in Raleigh today, he looked up my VIN and thinks my MYLR will arrive a few days sooner than my current EDD of Feb 7-14 on the app (ordered on 1/13).

2. He informed me that the car is coming from Fremont, and it will arrive quickly via rail to their distribution hub in Birmingham Alabama. From there, it gets split up and shipped all over.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this 70 page thread, but just thought I'd share. Cheers.
I wonder if I'm on the same rail and truck as you? Here's my details:

MYLR White/Black/19
OD: 01/13 7AM EST
VIN: 01/15
EDD: 01/29 - 02/07 (been like this since 01/20)