Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Sunday 1/22 went through Monday 1/23. MSM black interior 19’s no other options. January to March delivery. Updated yesterday 1/25 to March 7-31. Hope not to get screwed out of full $7500 but not holding my breath. Thought about changing to M3 performance to get it sooner. Already had an M3 SR+ for 3 years and really want the Y instead.

What federal tax credit for nema 14-50? I haven't heard of this, can you guys provide a link to the source?

We just paid to have a NEMA 14-50 installed in our garage. Cost me $500 + $200 permit to get it installed right below our breaker. Plan to use a mobile charger. Thought it was kinda expensive for just 1 outlet but...what's done is done. Other options were $1500 for the tesla charger included + choice of location, was debating between the two. Oh well, figured NEMA would be better in case we move (or if we buy other EVs later on)

my question is i'm not sure if it covers what you just described and was seeking clarity from this group - Alternative Fuels Data Center: Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Tax Credit

Just got EDD March 1-31
OD 1/20
White/white MYLR
No VIN yet
Missouri
Hope I don’t miss the tax credit, also does anyone know of you can change your order to a MYP with out losing the 250 if you miss the out on the tax credit

Im in KC too and same situation as you. If the 7500 credit doesn't play out, I will probably take a closer look at moving to the performance. What I dislike about the MYP is the 21" wheels which I feel are a bad idea with our crappy roads.

MYLR5 White/Black/19
OD: 1/21
EDD: March 8-31 (updated 1/25)
No VIN yet

Reactions: jose3030
Update:

“The most common question we’ve been getting from investors is about demand, so I want to put that concern to rest. Thus far in January, we’ve seen the strongest orders year-to-date than ever in our history. We currently are seeing orders at almost twice the rate of production. I mean, it’s not to say whether that will continue… but the orders are high, and we’ve actually raised the Model Y price a little bit in response to that,” Musk said, later reiterating that “Demand far exceeds production, and we actually are making some small price increases as a result.”

From teslerati.

I suspect the price drop well timed with the EV credit was partially to help bolster confidence in shareholders.

For those who could potentially miss the march cutoff, I speculate that even if the EV tax credits get halved, Tesla might just decide to eat up that cost later to keep the competitive edge over other EV manufacturers.

Doesn't really matter why they did it though, as long as we the consumers benefit.