Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got Matrix light from your Fremont-made car?
Everyone I've seen has had Matrix from December onwards out of Fremont. I've been watching for any reports of not getting them but at least for now it seems like the standard option for Fremont cars. In Oct/Nov (maybe early Dec) it was still hit or miss if you got them or not.

Last edited:
OD: Jan 16
EDD: Jan - Mar then a few days ago updated to Feb 24 - March 31

MSM exterior otherwise standard LR AWD 5 seat Model Y. Atlanta delivery, probably Alpharetta SC.

Interestingly there’s an MSM inventory car in Knoxville, only diff is 20” wheels that put it just over the price limit for the tax credit. Texted my delivery advisor asking if they would simply swap out those 20” wheels for standard 19s and lower the price $2k so I can claim the tax credit. Said I would drive to Kville if they would. Took him a day to respond “They cannot swap wheels.” Surprising to me, figured this would be easy since the service center should stock standard wheels and tires and this would help them move an otherwise hard to move inventory car.

Then just for giggles I replied to him asking if they would simply drop the price under $55k and if so I would take the car even with the 20” wheels. Took him LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES to respond “That’s not an option…”

Oh Tesla, sweet Tesla. I love your cars but your service is, well, I love the cars. 😉

MSM exterior otherwise standard LR AWD 5 seat Model Y. Atlanta delivery, probably Alpharetta SC.

Interestingly there’s an MSM inventory car in Knoxville, only diff is 20” wheels that put it just over the price limit for the tax credit. Texted my delivery advisor asking if they would simply swap out those 20” wheels for standard 19s and lower the price $2k so I can claim the tax credit. Said I would drive to Kville if they would. Took him a day to respond “They cannot swap wheels.” Surprising to me, figured this would be easy since the service center should stock standard wheels and tires and this would help them move an otherwise hard to move inventory car.

Then just for giggles I replied to him asking if they would simply drop the price under $55k and if so I would take the car even with the 20” wheels. Took him LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES to respond “That’s not an option…”

Oh Tesla, sweet Tesla. I love your cars but your service is, well, I love the cars. 😉
Be careful, my understanding is that the $7,500 federal tax credit is based on the MSRP, not on what you pay for the vehicle.

I went this route at first too since most inventory cars had 20s and paint that pushed them over 55k. Logic would dictate swapping the wheels to meet sales demand and satisfy orders would make sense. But nobody would do it. I searched the threads here and in the past some people did get them to make the change, but nothing in the last 2 years. Only other strategy I could come up with is test driving the car and putting enough miles on it to depreciate it to 55k. Joking of course

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce

Interestingly there’s an MSM inventory car in Knoxville, only diff is 20” wheels that put it just over the price limit for the tax credit.
did the Knoxville car has the message that it could only be registered in TN, KY, etc? I chatted with an agent and she told me that I would not be able to buy the car since I’m in GA.

57398F0B-16CA-4FCB-B4CD-9DD98C41441C.jpeg

Ordered 1/14/23 from inventory
Vin on the 16th
Took delivery 1/27
Already into it for more $ 1/28 ;)
Matrix yes, no PPF or Mud Flaps.
Glass roof has a large channel for run off on one side vs the other (within spec of course;()

I’ve got one service coming up as my left read door window is loose and rattling.

Still though the most fun thing over ever driven. Can help but have a *sugar* eating grin when you step down.

View attachment 900989
Ordered 1/14/23 from inventory
Vin on the 16th
Took delivery 1/27
Already into it for more $ 1/28 ;)
Matrix yes, no PPF or Mud Flaps.
Glass roof has a large channel for run off on one side vs the other (within spec of course;()

I’ve got one service coming up as my left read door window is loose and rattling.

Still though the most fun thing over ever driven. Can help but have a *sugar* eating grin when you step down.
What you getting done to it?

Reactions: jose3030