Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 900989
Ordered 1/14/23 from inventory
Vin on the 16th
Took delivery 1/27
Already into it for more $ 1/28 ;)
Matrix yes, no PPF or Mud Flaps.
Glass roof has a large channel for run off on one side vs the other (within spec of course;()

I’ve got one service coming up as my left read door window is loose and rattling.

Still though the most fun thing over ever driven. Can help but have a *sugar* eating grin when you step down.
Do they do PPF at all? How can you tell if it's on the car?

I’m curious (off topic sorry) I’m assuming you’re daisy chaining the chargers. If so, will you eventually get a bigger breaker if wiring can handle it? Right now with two cars charging, you’d get at most 24amps.
My panel had enough room for 2 60 amps breaker so I have 2 independent wires. Originally I was going to install only one wall charger since only one EV but would have to make holes again to run the other wire in the future so had electrician install 2 independent chargers on each side of the garage. Also the tax credit to install chargers is a one-time credit from what I read. So I couldn’t install another one next year to get the 30% credit..plus wall chargers increased in price by $100 so made sense to install 2 at the same time

Reactions: geekfam
We may end up seeing each other at pickup! Exciting to see another person here from Indiana!
Long story short, I found out my pickup got moved to Chicago after posting this. I’m in NWI, so Chicago is much closer for me. When I originally ordered, a SA asked me if I would be willing to pick up from Indianapolis to make the paperwork easier. I said yes, but when scheduling my pickup appointment I noticed it was from the Chicago location. Just going with the flow…

Best of luck with your pickup!

Reactions: geekfam
Everyone I've seen has had Matrix from December onwards out of Fremont. I've been watching for any reports of not getting them but at least for now it seems like the standard option for Fremont cars. In Oct/Nov (maybe early Dec) it was still hit or miss if you got them or not.
Great to hear. I just got a reply from the 510 number confirming my car comes with Matrix headlights!