Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wall charger was shipped yesterday. However, my EDD is still 2/24 - 3/31. Is there any correlation between when the charger is shipped and a VIN is assigned?
nope, I think a lot of users here want these to be linked, but I seriously doubt they're connected. One is instock and comes from their supply/parts warehouse, the other is being made to catch up to demand. I cannot see how it would possibly be connected

Reactions: KangThe
OD: 1/19 (very late in the evening)
MYLR - White, Black Interior, 19" (all basic)
No Vin
EDD: Jan-March (still as of this. morning)
Sacramento, CA
Hi, I ordered model y (white, no customizatio) on 19th. My EDD shows mar 5-31. could it be due to black color? perhaps, they have more white than black. Not sure, if they will push my EDD back further than march 31.

Hi, I ordered model y (white, no customizatio) on 19th. My EDD shows mar 5-31. could it be due to black color? perhaps, they have more white than black. Not sure, if they will push my EDD back further than march 31.
Don't think it's because of the color choice... Rather it's because you waited 5 days before putting in your order...

Highest number of new orders happened within a few days of price drop.
People who ordered on 1/14 are just starting to get their VINs now just as more and more 1/13 orders are getting delivered into early Feb dates.

Your first update would be when EDD window compresses from 4 weeks to 2 weeks. After that it's likely to move a few times, but given that Tesla loves doing end-of-quarter delivery surge, you might still get it delivered on 3/31.

A lot will depend on tax rebate clarifications and resulting order cancellations (if any). You might get matched to one of the cancelled orders...

I would suggest taking to your SA and asking them to bump you up in case of cancellations.

🤞

I placed an order for an MY Midnight Silver / Black on Jan 13 in SF Bay Area. The car was ready for pickup on Jan. 21, but I asked for hold because we weren’t ready with the finances and Tesla put the order on hold until Feb. 1.

Now I wonder if that action completely pushed the timing and I will be treated as if I placed the order on Feb. 1st. Any past experiences?

anyone else from socal getting their Y's from Austin instead of Fremont? the only diff i see is the matrix headlights which can be bought separately anyways for 300 bucks if need be.
AUS here in socal. I'm over that matrix, they are just lights! But$300 for a pair? Sounds low?

And AUS gets magnetic closure for the center console lid. Hooray!

Last edited:
Update:
Got my VIN on evening of 1/27 (checked on site - didn't get any text or email)
Previous EDD: 20/3 - 3/03
New EDD: 2/06 - 2/11
Fremont build (regardless of where it was built, I'm just hoping for minimal issues that can be easily fixed)

Looks like more people getting their VINs these last few days, including those on the East Coast (I'm located in NJ and see 2-3 other recent posts on here from others who also just got their VIN).
Congrats on the VIN. MY EDD is 2/4 - 2/11 so we Maybe on the same truck. Let me know what you delivery date comes to be.

I placed an order for an MY Midnight Silver / Black on Jan 13 in SF Bay Area. The car was ready for pickup on Jan. 21, but I asked for hold because we weren’t ready with the finances and Tesla put the order on hold until Feb. 1.

Now I wonder if that action completely pushed the timing and I will be treated as if I placed the order on Feb. 1st. Any past experiences?
Hey brother, I did the same with my first order and held for 7 days and took VIN away. As soon as I lifted the hold I was given a new VIN a few days later. Actually sooner than others. So even though your order it seems like it acts like a place holder until the hold release so you don’t lose your place.

Reactions: jose3030
Hey brother, I did the same with my first order and held for 7 days and took VIN away. As soon as I lifted the hold I was given a new VIN a few days later. Actually sooner than others. So even though your order it seems like it acts like a place holder until the hold release so you don’t lose your place.
Ah wonderful! You made my day brother! I was getting nervous after all the March EDDs I’ve been seeing recently.

Reactions: jose3030