Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an update on EDD!!

OD 1/14
EDD 1/31-2/28
MYLR Base: W/B/19
NJ
No VIN yet
Update:

01/27: Mobile charger shipped
01/30: VIN assigned early AM, PF669XXX
Updated EDD: 02/08 - 02/14

Very excited! Hopefully I get the matrix lights too like others have been mentioning as it's out of Fremont!

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Last edited:
Update:

01/27: Mobile charger shipped
01/30: VIN assigned early AM, PF669XXX
Updated EDD: 02/08 - 02/14

Very excited! Hopefully I get the matrix lights too like others have been mentioning as it's out of Fremont!

Good luck to the rest of you guys!
Probably we have those in the same batch. Mine is PF665xxx. I have confirmed the Matrix headlights by message. PPF is not for the area though.

Reactions: jose3030 and jbs217
How was your build quality? We pick ours up on Wednesday.
Two things I noticed:
  • There is a slightly larger gap on the left side of trunk compared to right when it is closed.
  • Two screws that were supposed to secure the rear paper license plate fell off yesterday when driving.
  • More force is needed to close MY doors compared to 2015 Pathfinder. The MY doors feel tighter, like they don’t easily swing open or closed. It’s not a good or bad thing.

So far, Tint (BTW found a really cool way to dry tint in winter using camp mode and vent placement while plugged in). It worked amazing and they are dry over 1 day. Fully.

I did some light PPF up front, some mud flaps, a ceramic coat...

I wanted to do a full wrap but then I realized I have 3 kids :)
Did you have the PPF done by a service center or it's a DIY process? I am thinking if I need that too.

Two things I noticed:
  • There is a slightly larger gap on the left side of trunk compared to right when it is closed.
  • Two screws that were supposed to secure the rear paper license plate fell off yesterday when driving.
  • More force is needed to close MY doors compared to 2015 Pathfinder. The MY doors feel tighter, like they don’t easily swing open or closed. It’s not a good or bad thing.
Austin cars are reported to have very stiff doors. But people say they get better and more normal with time.

Reactions: geekfam