Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
East coast here (NC). I ordered on 1/13 and got assigned a VIN on 1/20. I asked and they said my car has a built date of 1/20, so it's the same day built as assigned VIN, at least for me.
Charlotte NC here. I also ordered on the 13th but got a VIN assigned on 1/28 (which from your post I assume is the build date or close). My SA said, when I asked him, and I quote, "January". Quite helpful. I think we are all finding out the the quality of the builds and SAs varries. So far my EDD has not changed from the initial update over the first SWAG.

Reactions: WyoDude
Update: My EDD changed overnight to 2/1 - 2/10. So I went from a 7-day window (2/6 - 2/12) to a 10-day window starting 5 days earlier. Aren't EDD's suppose to get narrower the closer you get to the delivery date?

OD: 1/13
Blue/Black/19”/Tow
VIN: 1/25 (Austiin)
EDD: 2/6-2/12
San Diego
A few minutes after texting my SA to find out my build date (1/25), got the text / email to schedule delivery. Just scheduled my delivery date for 2/6 at the Carlsbad location. Though they only gave me a two day delivery window (either 2/6 or 2/7) and actually wanted to have the car delivered to my home, I'm fine with picking it as I live less than 8 miles for the SC. I'll let you guys know how the delivery / inspection goes.

Reactions: HyperionM3
And all we see if like 1-2 posts about people with terrible build quality issues at Austin. Anyone taken delivery recently with a PA05-PA07 VIN with a flawless vehicle?
I’ll let you know in a week or two when I pick up mine.
A few minutes after texting my SA to find out my build date (1/25), got the text / email to schedule delivery. Just scheduled my delivery date for 2/6 at the Carlsbad location. Though they only gave me a two day delivery window (either 2/6 or 2/7) and actually wanted to have the car delivered to my home, I'm fine with picking it as I live less than 8 miles for the SC. I'll let you guys know how the delivery / inspection goes.
My red/black PA0639 also built on 1/25, but have not been asked to schedule delivery yet.

Reactions: jose3030
Looks like I have zero chance at a March delivery.

I'm assuming I still get a $3750 tax credit though right?
Yes. Also there is some probability that they would release the new guidelines in March but they will be applicable from some date in the future. There are also rumors that Tesla might drop its price to avoid mass order cancellations because of reduced federal tax credits as a result of the new guidelines. I would just sit tight and decide what to do when they announce it.

Last edited:
Anyone got approval from USSFCU for a loan? Curious to see what rates you were given.

We just got an approval for 3.49% not the < 3% I was hoping, but still better than the 5.34% from Tesla.

(Also, everyone else - feel free to share your loan % and name of loan vendor for any service).
Im thinking I'll going thru USAA for convivence since that's who I bank with but they are at a 4.84% :/

Reactions: bdhaduk
Charlotte NC here. I also ordered on the 13th but got a VIN assigned on 1/28 (which from your post I assume is the build date or close). My SA said, when I asked him, and I quote, "January". Quite helpful. I think we are all finding out the the quality of the builds and SAs varries. So far my EDD has not changed from the initial update over the first SWAG.
That's weird. Most of us have the EDD updated when the VIN updates. Did you try to check on the Tesla app and manually refresh?

Anyone in WI planning on PPF for their Model Y? Full body or just the front (and why)? Trying to justify the cost for myself, besides already knowing the paint quality of Teslas.
I will only do the front and the rockers. Its costing me $500 here in Denver. I will do the ceramic coating on the car myself. Ceramic coating material would cost around $200. I do not think spending anything more than that is justified. Its insane the amount of money people spend on full PPF and getting ceramic coating done by a detailer. I would rather re-paint the whole car lol

That's weird. Most of us have the EDD updated when the VIN updates. Did you try to check on the Tesla app and manually refresh?
Maybe I wasn't clear, but the original EDD range which I called a SWAG was 1 Feb to 1 Mar. When I got the VIN, it became 13 Feb to 21 Feb. No updates since then. I don't think the original range was anything other than a placeholder. When it gets down in the 2 weeks and under category it seems to be real, judging from the posts here. For all of us, we need to remind ourselves that this forum is most probably a small fraction of the total Jan 2023, MY buying population. YMMV.