Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will only do the front and the rockers. Its costing me $500 here in Denver. I will do the ceramic coating on the car myself. Ceramic coating material would cost around $200. I do not think spending anything more than that is justified. Its insane the amount of money people spend on full PPF and getting ceramic coating done by a detailer. I would rather re-paint the whole car lol
I wish I could find a self install front. I found one on Amazon but it has the cutouts for USS.

Great looking out. I just ordered the front bumper!
fyi, I've never done ppf but am pretty handy...am planning on doing all panels but the front bumper by myself first. if it seems like I'm not up to doing the front bumper, I'll probably pay someone to do that for me (which hopefully won't be too much for labor). I've looked at countless YouTube videos and it doesn't seem too hard though.

Ordered Date: Jan 15 mid day
Original EDD Feb 14 - Mar 21
Revised Delivery Date Feb 10 - March 10 Updated Today early AM
Revised Delivery Date Feb 2 - Feb 8 Update yet again and told me schedule pickup for thursday?

Specs:
White Ext / Black Interior / 20 Induction Wheels.

Vin PA067274
EDIT: For context this post originally asked if the VIN was Austin.

Yep, that's Austin. Only thing you probably miss out on is Matrix headlights. They really don't have any sizable advantage right now though and actually have not as uniform coverage and some black vertical gaps in said coverage due to the design (for low beams). It'd be great if Tesla eventually releases a software update to take full advantage of the Matrix headlights but I don't think they've ever mentioned that nor any plans to come out with such a software update. Just a word of caution if you're wanting Matrix headlights and fully expecting some of the advantages of that kind of technology to be around the corner. For those of us without USS we're still waiting on parking assist features to be added 😂.

Last edited:
I will only do the front and the rockers. Its costing me $500 here in Denver. I will do the ceramic coating on the car myself. Ceramic coating material would cost around $200. I do not think spending anything more than that is justified. Its insane the amount of money people spend on full PPF and getting ceramic coating done by a detailer. I would rather re-paint the whole car lol
Hi Sohaib89,

Where would you be getting the ppf? Going for pre-cut?

I've heard of Tesbros and DriveProtected, though neither of these use 3M film

EDIT: For context this post originally asked if the VIN was Austin.

Yep, that's Austin. Only thing you probably miss out on is Matrix headlights. They really don't have any sizable advantage right now though and actually have not as uniform coverage and some black vertical gaps in said coverage due to the design (for low beams). It'd be great if Tesla eventually releases a software update to take full advantage of the Matrix headlights but I don't think they've ever mentioned that nor any plans to come out with such a software update. Just a word of caution if you're wanting Matrix headlights and fully expecting some of the advantages of that kind of technology to be around the corner.
"Around the corner" is exactly what I am hoping for...

Adaptive headlights that turn the light beam with steering input are great on narrow curvy mountain roads in night.

Most mid range cars have them, but Tesla somehow doesn't

Hi Sohaib89,

Where would you be getting the ppf? Going for pre-cut?

I've heard of Tesbros and DriveProtected, though neither of these use 3M film
I am getting Xpel PPF installed. There are three famous PPFs and Xpel is one of them. It is not pre-cut but a professional will install it. They have computerized cutting. You can go to Xpel's website and from there you can find a list of shops that install their PPF. I called a couple of shops and one of them gave me much better price than others. Visited the shop and negotiated further. Happy with the price.

"Around the corner" is exactly what I am hoping for...

Adaptive headlights that turn the light beam with steering input are great on narrow curvy mountain roads in night.

Most mid range cars have them, but Tesla somehow doesn't
Yep, that'd definitely be awesome. NHSTA approved adaptive headlights almost a year ago so there's nothing stopping them from enabling any additional functionality if they want. Right now I just want my parking assist features since they took away the USS 😂 . Hopefully that update drops soon.

OD: 1/19 (very late in the evening)
MYLR - White, Black Interior, 19" (all basic)
No Vin
EDD: Jan-March (still as of this. morning)
Sacramento, CA

UPDATE: EDD 2/21 - 3/28
*Let's see if this changes because we'll be on vacation starting on 3/28...
Sacramento as well - OD 1/16 PM, MYLR white base and no VIN. My EDD last updated a week ago at 2/2 - 3/2. Hoping we get some Fremont shipments soon!

Reactions: Dynusor