Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR (MSilver, Black Int, 19inch wheels, TowHitch, 5 Seater, Basic Auto)
OD: Jan 23
EDD: Jan - Mach
EDD: March 18-March 31st

Does anyone know you can update your financing when you get closer to delivery? Example I have the Wells Fargo 5.34% terms from Tesla finance right now but my car wont be delivered until late March. Is it possible to update my terms in say late Feb, early March, if I see rates dropping?
I spoke to SA today and he asked not to start shopping for financing till VIN is assigned and also that the financing can be changed later once the VIN is assigned to order

MYLR (MSilver, Black Int, 19inch wheels, TowHitch, 5 Seater, Basic Auto)
OD: Jan 23
EDD: Jan - Mach
EDD: March 18-March 31st

Does anyone know you can update your financing when you get closer to delivery? Example I have the Wells Fargo 5.34% terms from Tesla finance right now but my car wont be delivered until late March. Is it possible to update my terms in say late Feb, early March, if I see rates dropping?
You would have to have another credit check pull and hope you get the lower rate, they wont just update it for you, your locked in unless they resubmit your application

Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7

Do you think it's possible to specify a delivery date if I'm not available during the window after VIN is assigned? Mid March will work perfectly for me but I think a lot of people must be waiting at that time due to Federal Tax Credit update.

Also, do you think it's worth waiting for a couple of weeks for HW4?

Thanks!
My EDD is still Feb 7th but no VIN yet. Should I expect my EDD to slip?

They are just giving out VINs to 1/13, 1/14, 1/15 orders. Yours is a long way to go as they were swamped with orders 2x over production starting on 1/13. If you get it by end of March I'll be impressed. White seats are delaying orders also.

Proximity to Austin doesn't mean an Austin car. In fact, until last week Austin had never produced cars with white seats. There are some now so you may get an Austin car.

Living in Fort Worth, TX
OD: 1/25
Build: White/White/19/5 No Tow
EDD: January - March
Still no VIN, compared to seeing others further away from plants getting it in a couple of days. Not sure why it would take this long when I would assume it's coming from Austin and I am only a few hours away.
I ordered on 1/13 white/white/19" and only just today had my EDD updated.

Was: 1/29-2/26
Now: 2/9-2/23
Still no VIN

It will probably be awhile - the white interior is taking longer. You can also check out the White/White Model Y Waiting Room

Reactions: KangThe
Those who are waiting for auto loan interest rates to drop... I wouldn't count on it as the the Federal Reserve Board is predicted to raise rates at least twice more early this year. If anything rates are predicted to rise further. The link below is typical for predictions for a rate increase later this year.

Reactions: WyoDude and bdhaduk
I did that today, and the guy there said he couldn’t do it. He told me I had to work with the national team since I placed my order online at home.
I think his story is BS, but whatever. I also never got a text when I ordered, so I’m not sure how I’m supposed to contact whoever the national team is.
Tesla does indeed have things tied to store vs. HQ. Part of the confusion for why some folks can move around is that HQ can step in for the store, but not the other way around… but but if the store had a documented contact with the customer recently (I think 3-mo), they can take over the order.

I generally like to make the order online because there is little risk of someone making a mistake and I can do it at 11:58 pm when I see the price change vs. 8 am the the next day. When I’ve been interested, I make sure to make an appt with the local store for something so they can take over my order. Best of both worlds IMO.

My order isn't too different from yours but I'm skeptical of the estimated dates.

OD: 1/12 10:52 CST
EDD Range : 1/30 - 2/28
MSM LR 7 seats
White interior
Induction wheels
Tow
Attempted to use the VIN in source code trick to get an early read but no dice even as of this morning on 1/30. Received an email and text at 3:32pm CST this afternoon saying I had been assigned a VIN and to select a delivery date and to take care of my tasks. Stoked!

OD: 1/12 10:52pm CST
EDD: 1/30 - 2/27 - stayed same EDD even on this morning's check 1/30.
MSM 7-seat w/ White Interior, Tow, and Induction
VIN assigned: 1/30 3:32pm CST
Delivery Scheduled: 2/13