Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a m3p on order…was concerned with getting in before March gets here. 2/17-3/17 delivery date. I never saw a edit design button on app??
If I went from a m3p to a myp, would I lose my deposit? Much less…probably no way it’s getting here before March, right?

If your order wasn’t far enough along to remove the Edit Design option, they will shift your deposit to an order of an inventory car (so you effectively put down $500).

They can transfer it using the existing reservation if that car is still not sold by the time you get ahold of someone.

If your car has started on the production line, YMMV.
So if your order is far enough along they will remove the edit button? I tried to edit my order earlier today and couldn’t find the edit button. I also found an inventory long range that was different interior and wheels but same outside color and I should have just put a deposit on it instead of trying to get my order switched to it because it’s gone now and I never got a call back after I said I wanted more info on the one in inventory lol. Oh well maybe mine will come up sooner since everyone either upgraded to performance or found an inventory one to buy lol

So if your order is far enough along they will remove the edit button? I tried to edit my order earlier today and couldn’t find the edit button. I also found an inventory long range that was different interior and wheels but same outside color and I should have just put a deposit on it instead of trying to get my order switched to it because it’s gone now and I never got a call back after I said I wanted more info on the one in inventory lol. Oh well maybe mine will come up sooner since everyone either upgraded to performance or found an inventory one to buy lol
Yes, but just because it’s far enough along for the edit button to be removed doesn’t mean it’s too late to change things without fee. It just means you’ve been assigned an actual planned slot for an upcoming production run. It’s once the car has started that some advisors are stingy about transferring you to another car, but again, ymmv on that.

Yes, but just because it’s far enough along for the edit button to be removed doesn’t mean it’s too late to change things without fee. It just means you’ve been assigned an actual planned slot for an upcoming production run. It’s once the car has started that some advisors are stingy about transferring you to another car, but again, ymmv on that.
Ok cool! Thank you!

Just started seeing price increases live for MYLR and MYP.

M3LR white/black/19 is now $54,990.
M3P white/black,21 is now $57,990.
Just noticed the same thing. Is that a 1500 increase on the MYLR? 54990 is what my MYLR red/black (standard) order cost before the 500 increase. Now it’s even more. Whew! Glad I ordered when I did!

OD: 1/17/23
MODEL: MYLR WHITE 20INDUCTION BLACK INT
EDD: 2/17-3/19
VIN ASSIGNED: 2/2
NEW EDD: 2/16-2/23
REGION: PA

HAS ANYONE OR IS ANYONE TRYING TO TRADE IN THEIR LEASED VEHICLE? I HAVE A LEASED 2021 SUBARU CROSSTREK THAT I WANTED TO TRADE IN. GOT A QUOTE FROM TESLA FOR TRADE IN $26100 WHICH IS ABOUT TO BE EQUAL TO PAYOFF AMOUNT EXCLUDING PA TAXES, AND I GOT A QUOTE FROM CARMAX FOR $27400 BUT I AM NOT SURE THE QUOTE FROM CARMAX IS WORTH OF TAKING. DO CARMAX PAY MY LESSOR(CHASE BANK) JUST PAYOFF AMOUT WITHOUT TAX AND GIVE ME THE REMAINDER? PLUS I HAVE A PENDING LOAN FROM TOWER FCU, WHICH I APPLIED 3 DAYS AGO, AND GOT A TEXTFROM TESLA TODAY TO FINISH PRE-DELIVERY TASKS TO GET MVPA, BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT AMOUNT I NEED TO FINANCE UNTIL I KNOW THE EXACT COST. CAN I JUST PUT IN THE AMOUNT ORDER AGREEMENT JUST TO MOVE ON AND MAKE A FINE MODIFICATION WHEN IT GETS CLOSER TO DELIVERY?
I’m trying to turn my Range Rover 2021 lease in as well I’m also upside down a little bit. Tesla offered me 35k and CarMax offered me 40k. Lease buyout is 42k so probably going to go with CarMax but my Range is also with Chase and yes. They call the leasing company to get your car buyout price then pay them directly. If you have equity left in the vehicle after they purchase it they will write you a check for it. If you’re negative in equity you write CarMax a check for what’s left.

Reactions: bdhaduk
So I have a m3p on order…was concerned with getting in before March gets here. 2/17-3/17 delivery date. I never saw a edit design button on app??

If I went from a m3p to a myp, would I lose my deposit? Much less…probably no way it’s getting here before March, right?

You won't lose deposit if you change to MYP. It will carry over. You can call your SA and change it

Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7

No updates on EDD.

I am traveling soon. Is it possible that my friend can take the delivery instead of me? or do they specifically need me for home delivery? The website says that I am required to be there.

So how does existing inventory work? If you search existing inventory then see one you can click it and go down to payment does that reserve the vehicle for you? Is a VIN immediately released once you pay the 250? Or how does that work?
I had reserved a Model 3 LR from inventory a couple of weeks ago and I did receive the VIN right away and soon after got to schedule delivery for a week out. I ended up deciding to stick with my Model Y order instead. The Model 3 order got put on hold. I am not too sure what happens after the hold ends for an inventory reservation if you don't go through with it.