Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My logic (as I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night) is notification is based on delivery logistics timing over order date. My rough math has Tesla producing 1,300+ Model Ys per day between Fremont and Texas. Even if I were #1 in line, the delivery transport will not roll to a destination until it is full. The order dates provide Tesla a chance to plan shipping schedules more than production schedules to ensure the delivery transport is full.

At least this is what I tell myself being someone refreshing the page multiple times per day wondering when a transport with my 1/13 morning order shows up in Santa Barbara ...

How did you come up with 1300+ number?

Folks,
I ordered MYLR all defaults (White/Black/19") on 1/23 for Dallas metropolitan delivery

Original EDD (on 1/23): Jan to March 31st
Updated EDD (on 1/31): Feb 27 to March 31st

Two questions;
1) Anyone seeing any closer/tighter dates with the above Order date?
2) At what point do you apply for Car Loan?

Thank you in advance
To let you know, In Dallas LCFCU usually approves with in 1 week and gave best rate for my last vehicle loan.

Just received my VIN today!
OD 1/23 MSM White interior 5 seats
EDD- 3/4-3/31
New EDD 2/14-2/23
Also got the text to schedule delivery

Does anyone know any good credit unions with low interest rates that approve fast? I was thinking of Tower Federal Credit Union but I heard they take long so now I am looking at First Republic Bank.
Are you sure it's 1/23 and not a inventory car?

Folks,
I ordered MYLR all defaults (White/Black/19") on 1/23 for Dallas metropolitan delivery

Original EDD (on 1/23): Jan to March 31st
Updated EDD (on 1/31): Feb 27 to March 31st

Two questions;
1) Anyone seeing any closer/tighter dates with the above Order date?
2) At what point do you apply for Car Loan?

Thank you in advance
I also ordered on 1/23 but to North NJ. Blue/Black/19". And My EDD updated a few days after to 3/13-3/31. Hasn't changed since. But my guess is since yours is all default you have a better chance of getting it earlier than mine. Obviously all speculation though at this rate. Some 1/15 orders dont even have VIN lol.

They updated their guidance yesterday and then again today to state:

“You may be eligible for a CVRP rebate if you ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on or after January 12, 2023. To be eligible, the vehicle must be on the CVRP eligible vehiclespage, and you must apply, within 90 days of registering your vehicle. The Model 3 and Model Y’s vehicle eligibility request is currently under review. Once the request has been approved and the vehicle is added to the eligibility list, you may submit an application. Please continue to check the eligible vehicle list as the list is updated regularly. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.”

For me, that is good enough. If it doesn’t get added at this point with 90 days of me taking delivery, it won’t matter because the price increase of a new order will have wiped out the rebate anyways.
True only if you only qualify for standard rebate of $2,000. Standard + increased rebate is $4,500 for battery EV, which I assume most of Tesla buyers do not qualify for the increased rebate

7th Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated 1/22)
TXT: Texted SA 1/27 to ask where my car is and they said it's still in transit from Fremont.
DD: Delivery Date Set, Feb 8-10 was the range available. Set delivery date for Feb 8, Vienna/Tysons Corner Delivery Center
DD: Tysons Corner called and asked if I could pick it up today 2/6. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, I cannot. I still have 2/8 pickup date.
DD: 2/8. For situational awareness, I looked at ALL the Model Y's that were lined up. All were from Fremont, including my own. However, mine had crazy scratches on it again all over. All the other cars were PRISTINE except mine. Rejected. I'm out guys, hope someone in DC enjoys my PF660XXX ride.

Stay blessed.
Oh damn… I’m so sorry.
Do you think you could learn to like a different color? I’ve had several black cars over the years and they are all swirled from the get-go. So I just quit buying them because of that. My dad owns 5 cars and they are all black but you can see the swirls.

The SA said he's going to escalate so I get my $250 refunded.
I'm out.
Tired of Tesla at this point.
I don't blame you. What a horrific experience, I feel for you. Its truly a shame that Tesla is the largest auto company by market cap, its owner one of the richest guys in the world, and yet they still haven't mastered the art of selling cars. In my opinion people are buying Tesla's cars because of TINA (There is No Alternative) effect. But in the coming years this will surely change. More cars will be available for us to choose from and Tesla will surely see declining sales (you can only cut costs so much) which will force them to improve the quality. I can only hope for this. I have purchased many new cars in my life and while other manufacturers also have issues but there in lies the strength of the dealer network. The dealer usually takes care of any minor issues and we don't have to worry about any of that stuff. Here the SA is a salaried person who has no incentive whether you buy or don't buy, because due to demand there is definitely one sucker out there who will come and happily take this scratched car. So unless they have skin in the game, they won't do anything for you. No Dealership operating model knife cuts both ways.

Reactions: jose3030
What do you guys think of Carvana? Any bad experiences?

Carvana offered me $1000 more than CarMax and almost $4000 more than a Tesla Trade-in so I think I'm about to sell my car to them unless there's a good reason not to.

Tesla's trade-in value was fair (middle of the road kbb trade-in price) but Carvana is just better. Next is CarMax and Vroom offered me the Tesla trade-in price.
My wife and I had the same situation two years ago selling our VW Touareg. Carvana was only slightly under private party value at the time. Had a great experience with them. Super easy, payment was quick! Would do it again based off of our experience.

Reactions: J-a-x
I would like to find out. I placed an order for MYLR on Jan 15th and I received a delivery date for the weekend of 11th and 12th. I would like to change the order to a MYP and I'm concerned whether any changes would delay my order. I spoke to the SA and he said usually if I reject my VIN, Tesla would quickly source the next car for us, however, because I would be looking at changing configuration to a MYP, he didn't know how that would impact my order or whether I get put back at the end of the line.
It just reject, put the order on hold. Then update the config, then finally release the hold.