Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh damn… I’m so sorry.
Do you think you could learn to like a different color? I’ve had several black cars over the years and they are all swirled from the get-go. So I just quit buying them because of that. My dad owns 5 cars and they are all black but you can see the swirls.

I understand what you mean but I really really love black/black.
No other color like it when it's super clean.

The trick is to power wash them so all dirt comes off top and then do the wax.
They just wax all the dirt into the paint.
It's sad.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
I don't blame you. What a horrific experience, I feel for you. Its truly a shame that Tesla is the largest auto company by market cap, its owner one of the richest guys in the world, and yet they still haven't mastered the art of selling cars. In my opinion people are buying Tesla's cars because of TINA (There is No Alternative) effect. But in the coming years this will surely change. More cars will be available for us to choose from and Tesla will surely see declining sales (you can only cut costs so much) which will force them to improve the quality. I can only hope for this. I have purchased many new cars in my life and while other manufacturers also have issues but there in lies the strength of the dealer network. The dealer usually takes care of any minor issues and we don't have to worry about any of that stuff. Here the SA is a salaried person who has no incentive whether you buy or don't buy, because due to demand there is definitely one sucker out there who will come and happily take this scratched car. So unless they have skin in the game, they won't do anything for you. No Dealership operating model knife cuts both ways.

Thanks man.
Gives me a bad taste in my mouth that they're going to 'fix' a scratched car.
This is the pride in sales they have. Just stunning.

What will you be looking at instead?

I don't 'need' a Model Y per se.
It was a want. (I'd venture to say no one NEEDS any particular car, there are always other options (cheaper, faster, slower, etc etc; philosophically speaking).
I have a Model S Performance as well so that'll hold me over for a minute.
I was looking for a commuter which would be more 'livable'

MYLR W/B/19, OD 1/15, EDD (2/8-3/8) hasn't changed since 1/18.. This is for my wife and she originally had her eye on Genesis GV70. We test-drove one back in December and she really liked it except for the color combination. She just got a text message from the dealer saying that the one with exact option and int/ext colors she wanted is on its way. I think she's tempted to give up $250.... :oops:

Reactions: SANTRI
Sorry if these questions have been asked already but it’s quite a few pages to scroll through.

1. Has anyone switched from MYLR to MYP and placed order before price increase gotten the same price before the increase after switching?
2. Was your EDD shortened after upgrading to MYP?
3. More specifically if you ordered white/white did your EDD become sooner after upgrading to MYP?

$7500 tax credit on MYP is much more enticing than MLR with $3750 tax credit. My EDD hasn’t changed for weeks now and don’t see any light ahead of the tunnel. TIA

Any VINs for orders from Washington or Oregon?
My OD 1/14
VIN: :crickets:

The EDD keeps moving by the day.

Reg. Payment - What are you guys doing? Loan? Cash?
The best I can find with loan is 5%. Don't trust tower will do it in time because of the number of applications.
Should I cash and then refi?
I am Oregon and OD is 1/13. Still no VIN yet. Many people in OR or WA are in the same boat. Do not understand why.

Reactions: Ray_R
Any VINs for orders from Washington or Oregon?
My OD 1/14
VIN: :crickets:

The EDD keeps moving by the day.

Reg. Payment - What are you guys doing? Loan? Cash?
The best I can find with loan is 5%. Don't trust tower will do it in time because of the number of applications.
Should I cash and then refi?
I am in OR and my OD is 1/13. Still no VIN yet. Many people in OR and WA are in the same boat. Not sure why.

Question:
Has anybody got their delivery/pickup sooner than the provided week window (after VIN has being assigned).
SA just says “we’ll notify when ready for scheduling “.
Kids have winter week off in school (week prior to delivery week) and are excited to plan a trip..

Sorry if these questions have been asked already but it’s quite a few pages to scroll through.

1. Has anyone switched from MYLR to MYP and placed order before price increase gotten the same price before the increase after switching?
2. Was your EDD shortened after upgrading to MYP?
3. More specifically if you ordered white/white did your EDD become sooner after upgrading to MYP?

$7500 tax credit on MYP is much more enticing than MLR with $3750 tax credit. My EDD hasn’t changed for weeks now and don’t see any light ahead of the tunnel. TIA
1. yes
2. stayed the same 3/21 -3/31
3. ordered red/black

Last edited:
Reactions: bigboi
I understand what you mean but I really really love black/black.
No other color like it when it's super clean.

The trick is to power wash them so all dirt comes off top and then do the wax.
They just wax all the dirt into the paint.
It's sad.
Ugh, that sucks. I wish you liked another color.

I had specifically asked them not to detail my car over several emails and when I went to pick it up yesterday it was detailed 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: jose3030
Congrats! I ordered the same config on 1/13/23, but have not gotten a VIN, do they usually skip people?
Have you completed the tasks in the app? The way I did it was I filled out registration info, no trade in (even though I do), cash payment in full (even though I intend to do a loan).

After I got the VIN this morning, I now working through the trade in offer and once that’s done I’ll do the loan application.