Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking my car this Friday from Kennesaw SC (Greater atlanta area).
1) Anyone has experience with this SC
2) got a text today that my appointment is for 10 min and adkèd me to check the registration option, bring cashiers chk, no trade. Is 10 min normal? I would like to see the car for fit and finish issues.

Any pointers will be helpful.
Thanks
Model Y check list before taking delivery
teslaprep/model_y_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep

Reactions: TProfit and SANTRI
This shows that people who are saying those who are far from factories get their VIN early are WRONG. This person is in VA and got the VIN 2/8 only 3-4 days out from the lowest bound. Tesla is definitely skipping orders.
Per SA, these skipping orders takes place when someone neither responsive nor get financing done with in the given time. They don't want to keep car waiting as there is no place at most of the SCs. So they will assign to next person in queue or to inventory if no one available.

By the looks of things the MSM (and Black) seems to be the lowest priority. Maybe gets even worse if you chose a white interior.

My order was placed on 1/15.
MYLR5
MSM/White Interior/19” Gemini Wheels

The EDD moved once from the standard Jan-Mar, and now indicates Feb 16 - Mar 23.

Holding off on applying for Financing until a VIN is received. (Didn’t want to take a chance on the 30 day approval window closing and having to re-apply.

Thinking of using Tesla insurance as well.

Configured it at just below $55K to take advantage of the Tax Credit.
However, now that the purchase price limit has been bumped up, thinking about moving upto the 20” induction wheels.
Even thought the 20” looks so much better my concern is the ride quality.
(Drop in range is not a real concern)
However, have been hearing that the ride quality has improved due to softening of the suspension.
Test drove a MYLR with 19” wheels so, did not get a chance to do a comparison with the 20”.
Will appreciate some feedback.
Thank You.
I just got my MY a few weeks ago. Same exterior and interior color as yours but with 20” wheel. The ride quality is very good comparing to my 2020 M3 that I traded in as well as the 2011 BMW X3 that I still own. I don’t know what the ride quality of MY was from prior model years, but I am pleasantly surprise with how smooth and quiet the rideis. If you like the look of the 20” wheels, I say go for it!!

Reactions: geekfam
Per SA, these skipping orders takes place when someone neither responsive nor get financing done with in the given time. They don't want to keep car waiting as there is no place at most of the SCs. So they will assign to next person in queue or to inventory if no one available.
This seems to be pretty common weirdly enough. When I spoke to my local SA , she said folks are missing the email/texts and the vehicle gets placed on hold. After so long, the system automatically assigned it to the next person in your area.

My question is are they trying to call these folks and what kind of time frame you have before they give your car to someone else lol

This seems to be pretty common weirdly enough. When I spoke to my local SA , she said folks are missing the email/texts and the vehicle gets placed on hold. After so long, the system automatically assigned it to the next person in your area.

My question is are they trying to call these folks and what kind of time frame you have before they give your car to someone else lol
My SA told me that they will be notified through text, email. They will be given 3 days time to respond

well these people being unresponsive certainly hasn't benefitted me

Same here - my current daily driver is a 1999 LC100. Also makes for good savings in the gas savings calculation on the Tesla website!

However the Y can’t do what the LC can do so that can go on weekend duty only after the Y comes in.
Love this - the cruisers and the gas savings! Count me as another 100 series owner who is happy to retire it as a daily driver and save it for the weekend.

Finally got my delivery date.
MYLR/white/black/20/Austin
OD 1/14 in Los Angeles
EDD Feb 2-Mar 2
VIN assigned 1/29
EDD Feb 9-Feb 16
Feb 8 got text to schedule delivery. Set for 2/13.

It’s getting delivered to my house so I won’t get to walk the lot and inspect it beforehand. Hopefully all is well.