Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Blue/Black 19 inch (Base)
O/D 1/14
EDD1: Jan -Mar
EDD2: 2/2-3/2
EDD3: 2/5-2/19
EDD4: 2/6-2/19
EDD5: 2/7-2/19
EDD6: 2/8-2/19
EDD7: 2/9/-2/19
Still NO VIN

I don’t see this nightmare ever ending.It doesn’t make any sense. Customer Service is no help at all.
The ending date isn't changing, though - it's just that your window is narrowing. If you focus on the 19th as your EDD, then nothing has changed. :)

But there is no way that date will ever happen since i don’t have a VIN yet. I live in Florida, it will take longer then that to get to me between building it and shipping it.
VINs are either assigned when the car is finished and comes off the production line OR when the car arrives at the delivery centre. So sometimes you can get a VIN when it arrives in Florida and then they will ask you to come get it within 3 days. I'm not sure what determines when a VIN is assigned...it seems VINs assigned after transport are always when they travel to states well away from the factories but this still only happens sometimes and it is still more common to have VIN assigned as it finishes production even for states far away from factories.

VINs are either assigned when the car is finished and comes off the production line OR when the car arrives at the delivery centre. So sometimes you can get a VIN when it arrives in Florida and then they will ask you to come get it within 3 days. I'm not sure what determines when a VIN is assigned...it seems VINs assigned after transport are always when they travel to states well away from the factories but this still only happens sometimes and it is still more common to have VIN assigned as it finishes production even for states far away from factories.
Well thats good to know as a possibility, so will hold out hope for that. Thanks

Update: Just received Vin
Austin made MYLR. No delivery date yet. To be delivered in NY, EDD 02/19-2/26

Original Order:
OD: 1/15
Original EDD: 02/14-3/21
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Tow Hitch
Nice! 👍 Exactly my build, but I ordered on 1/18, with delivery in Mass. Current EDD 3/7-3/31. Hopefully I'll be getting a VIN in the next week or so.

Reactions: Mrs.strand14
But there is no way that date will ever happen since i don’t have a VIN yet. I live in Florida, it will take longer then that to get to me between building it and shipping it.
Just because you don’t have a vin doesn’t mean your car hasn’t been built. Many times it will be the delivery center that releases the vin to your profile, so it could still be in transport to the local service center.

This is why some folks get a vin assignment and can then schedule delivery the next day or two. The vin didn’t show up until the car was at the local center.

Edit to add: @arbitrage000 said the same above. I had to refresh to see that post.

OD 1/23 MYLR MSM White interior 5 seats
EDD 3/4-3/31

Just got vin today and got a text to schedule delivery!
EDD 2 - 2/14-2/23

Does anyone know a good credit union or bank that has low interest that approves within a weekish? I was thinking of tower federal credit union but I heard they take a while. I am looking at First Republic Bank now.
I submitted an application last night through school's first CU and got approved in about 5 minutes. 4.94 APR

Reactions: chobra
Just because you don’t have a vin doesn’t mean your car hasn’t been built. Many times it will be the delivery center that releases the vin to your profile, so it could still be in transport to the local service center.
That seems to be the most likely. Because of the way vins are located in different places on the frame, it is more likely to be applied to the vehicle at beginning of build.

Last edited:
Based on the responses from this forum, those who are close to SC get VINs little later as there is not much time needed for the transport
Quick update on this, I got my VIN last night super late with no notification. Extremely happy but now I have some questions about scheduling delivery. I heard it can be radio silence from Tesla for up to a week until you get the prompt to schedule delivery. Anyone have any guesses for when I might get the delivery prompt? (For reference im in the Bay Area 30m from Fremont)

Reactions: YisPatHere
I just got an update finally with my VIN.

OD: 1/14
EDD: 2/7 - 2/18
VIN assigned Today 2/8: Fremont Built and SA says it was built today (2/8)
Updated EDD: 2/9 - 2/17
Bay Area
White / Black LRMY 19"
I am also in Bay Area and got my VIN assigned 2/8 night. Fremont Built PF684xxx

MYLR, White/Black 19"
OD: 1/14 evening
EDD: 2/9 - 2/17. No delivery schedule yet.

It seems Tesla start processing the 1/14 Bay Area orders.

Just a side note for those in the Inland empire or Souther California area, I spoke to an SA today out of Riverside CA and he said my delivery would take place in Upland CA (no idea they even had a location there?) and most of the Model Y's being sent there are Austin builds with no Matrix headlights.....

ED 3/10-3/31
No VIN yet for me
And the SA wouldn't let you change the pickup location to the Riverside location?

I've got a 2020 Model 3P Stealth, my wife finally saw the light and ordered one on 1/21 late afternoon.

Model Y Long Range Metallic Silver Black interior 19 inch stock wheels
1st ED January to March 31
2nd ED March 1 to March 31
No VIN
No delivery date
Ordered at San Antonio Domain Service Center