Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/23 MYLR MSM White interior 5 seats
EDD 3/4-3/31

Just got vin today and got a text to schedule delivery!
EDD 2 - 2/14-2/23

Does anyone know a good credit union or bank that has low interest that approves within a weekish? I was thinking of tower federal credit union but I heard they take a while. I am looking at First Republic Bank now.
Wowwww. Giving me hope. Also ordered on 1/23 but in NJ. 🤞

OD 1/14 (7PM PT) MYLR White Black interior 5 seats
EDD: 2/8-2/17

Hi all, delivery window started today for our MYLR and says the end of it is on the 17th. I still haven’t gotten a VIN yet and am slightly concerned as it’s almost basically about a week out from the 17th. Anyone have a good guess when I’ll get mine? Was hoping for this evening but maybe tomorrow morning (for reference I am very close to the Fremont Plant)

Reactions: estebanofarrel

Hi all, delivery window started today for our MYLR and says the end of it is on the 17th. I still haven’t gotten a VIN yet and am slightly concerned as it’s almost basically about a week out from the 17th. Anyone have a good guess when I’ll get mine? Was hoping for this evening but maybe tomorrow morning (for reference I am very close to the Fremont Plant)
Based on the responses from this forum, those who are close to SC get VINs little later as there is not much time needed for the transport

Reactions: YisPatHere
MYLR MSM/Black Gemini 5 seat
OD 1/13
1/14: EDD 1/15 - 1/26
1/21: asked for hold due to financials
2/2: removed hold
2/2 - 2/5: no EDD was shown.
2/6 - present: EDD Mar/May 2023

According to my local SA, I should get a VIN any day now based on her system but this Mar/May 2023 date is nerve-wracking and it is not updating to give any indication that I'll get a VIN soon. Has anyone seen a similar timeline? I'm worried that my local SA may be confusing things.

MYLR White/White 19inch 5seat
OD 1/15
EDD 1/30 update 2/10-3/17
EDD 2/5 update 2/14-2/28
VIN assigned 2/8 - Fremont
Scheduled delivery for 2/11
Matrix headlights confirmed by SA
I’m located in VA
This shows that people who are saying those who are far from factories get their VIN early are WRONG. This person is in VA and got the VIN 2/8 only 3-4 days out from the lowest bound. Tesla is definitely skipping orders.

I placed my order for a MY LR on 2/2/23. EDD is March-May. I was told by the service advisor when ordering that if the price happens to drop before the car is delivered, I would be eligible for the lower price. I'm wondering if this is actually true. Has anyone had this experience? I'm curious because I've read some discussions about a possible price drop in late March as the quarter ends.

I placed my order for a MY LR on 2/2/23. EDD is March-May. I was told by the service advisor when ordering that if the price happens to drop before the car is delivered, I would be eligible for the lower price. I'm wondering if this is actually true. Has anyone had this experience? I'm curious because I've read some discussions about a possible price drop in late March as the quarter ends.
Yes, plenty of people over the past few years have benefited from just that. Sometimes it happens automatically and sometimes they need to just ask the SA to update the paperwork, but if pricing down before you accept delivery, you get the lower pricing.

My EDD was 2/5-2/19. I still don’t have a VIN. Every day that passes the first number just goes up a day. So right now I’m at 2/8-2/19. It’s just a cruel joke now and customer service knows nothing.

Found below details on How To Extend EV Battery Life

Steps to fight EV battery degradation include:

- Charge your EV battery to 80%, and keep the charge between 20% and 80%.

- Do not use Level 3 fast chargers daily. Use a Level 1 or 2 for overnight charging.

- Do not charge the battery 100%. Charging to 80% leaves room in the battery for energy produced from regenerative braking.

- Allow the battery to cool down before charging. Check if your utility company offers a Time-of-Use (ToU) plan to charge your battery during off-peak
hours, when rates are lower.

- Extreme temperatures stress an EV battery. Parking at home in a well-insulated garage will keep your EV cooler or warmer, allowing steadier charging
rates and decreasing battery load by reducing heater or air conditioning use.

-Exercise good driving habits. Constant hard acceleration and high-speed driving can significantly reduce battery life, as well as cause tires to wear
prematurely.

-Avoid driving in low-power mode. Constantly charging an EV battery when it goes below 20% charge stresses the battery and affects its chemistry. Don’t
worry, though. Your EV will give you plenty of warning when the battery falls below 20% charge.

- Check tire pressure monthly and look for abnormal tire wear. Properly inflated tires reduce stress on an EV battery and increase driving range.

I am picking my car this Friday from Kennesaw SC (Greater atlanta area).
1) Anyone has experience with this SC
2) got a text today that my appointment is for 10 min and adkèd me to check the registration option, bring cashiers chk, no trade. Is 10 min normal? I would like to see the car for fit and finish issues.

Any pointers will be helpful.
Thanks
Get there early and walk the parking lot looking for your VIN number. You will probably see others in the general area picking their cars up. Explore it on your own. Seems like most fit and finish is good with some notable exceptions some of which are outlined in this forum. There are also check lists here and elsewhere on line that you can bring with you.

Reactions: SANTRI