Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG!!! :) Got a text with assigned VIN PA065xxx, built 1/27

MYLR5 W/B/20”
OD: 1/22
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD: Mar 15-31 (updated 1/25 evening)
EDD: 2/16 – 3/2 (updated 2/5 am)
EDD: 2/11 – 2/18 (updated 2/10 pm after VIN)

The App said to upload insurance policy and make final payment now with only option to add bank account. I'd be uncomfortable to pay now without seeing the car. Texted the 510# for different payment option but haven't yet heard back.

I remembered reading from this forum that people were paying with Cashiers check at time of delivery. Please advise how were you able to do so?
You can take a cashiers chk.ninspectvthe car then hand over the chk. That's what I did.

Reactions: Tz5la999
Exactly. This is what a sensible consumer would like to see, that a company makes the effort to ensure that they get fair treatment in the buying process, and generally receive the car in the order that they placed them. It's mind boggling how wrapped up these individuals are with giving Tesla the grace. They are literally reframing disrespect as "it is how it's supposed to be." They are literally telling people "don't be frustrated or complain even if they skip your order and someone who ordered weeks after you get their's first, you should be accommodating for their production timeline and turn over."
And a big problem is most people have never "ordered" a vehicle before. Traditionally they would go to a dealer and see what is on the lot and buy it - even if it wasn't exactly what they wanted. I have special ordered @ 10 vehicle's - I want it exactly how I want it. With Ford Super Duty trucks and Corvettes there are literally over 10,000 different combinations. But importantly what that means is I know how the rest of the world works. It is sad that after a decade, Tesla cannot still figure this out.

• Funny
Reactions: WyoDude
Some people in this forum (that including me) were excited about low interest rate offered by Tower FCU.

After submitting auto loan application online, I was curios to know how friendly Tower FCU is with it's customers and to my surprise found several online forums reporting worst service and also found several complaints made to BBB.

Now I don't think Tower FCU auto loan is not right for me even their interest rate is 2.99% for 60 months, I have decided to stick with Auto loan offered through Tesla.

11th digit of VIN should be A l
Some people in this forum (that including me) were excited about low interest rate offered by Tower FCU.

After submitting auto loan application online, I was curios to know how friendly Tower FCU is with it's customers and to my surprise found several online forums reporting worst service and also found several complaints made to BBB.

Now I don't think Tower FCU auto loan is not right for me even their interest rate is 2.99% for 60 months, I have decided to stick with Auto loan offered through Tesla.

And a big problem is most people have never "ordered" a vehicle before. Traditionally they would go to a dealer and see what is on the lot and buy it - even if it wasn't exactly what they wanted. I have special ordered @ 10 vehicle's - I want it exactly how I want it. With Ford Super Duty trucks and Corvettes there are literally over 10,000 different combinations. But importantly what that means is I know how the rest of the world works. It is sad that after a decade, Tesla cannot still figure this out.
Yep, and a major part of why they don't even bother to figure it out is because there are people, like some of them who have been arguing against me on this forum, basically saying that Tesla has the right to disrespect consumers. Apparently, we must have empathy for Tesla's production line or business agendas according to these people.

Picked my car today at Kemnnesaw (atlanta) center
Overall pleasant experience. I arrived 30 min before my scheduled 10min appointment. They opened the car for me we checked the car out. Paid with cashiers chk and was out without much of hassle.
Took longer than it should but staff was excellent and helpful.
No issues with fit or finish

MYLR5
OD 1/15
Austin built
2/23 built
Vin PA064xx
Congrats! Is it a car from the future? :)

• Funny
Reactions: MeanDOG and SANTRI
Congrats! I just ignored the messages for sending payment through the App. My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and received another text today requesting payment. I texted back that I will pay with a cashiers check at the delivery and then received a text thanking me for letting them know.
Congrats on your upcoming delivery. Note that the cashiers check must have the RN number and registrant's name in the reference area.

Reactions: Tz5la999
Congrats! I just ignored the messages for sending payment through the App. My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and received another text today requesting payment. I texted back that I will pay with a cashiers check at the delivery and then received a text thanking me for letting them know.

Thanks for confirming. I heard back from the the 510 number and said to disregard any payment messages in the app and they can accept the check at time of delivery.

Congrats on yours as well. Please share with us on how it goes tomorrow.

I received an updated EDD of 2/27 to 3/31 (a week after my order was placed).
Hi first timer, I’m in Dallas as well. I ordered on 1/18 morning. Original Edd was same as you. 1/24 updated to 2/18-3/18. No change since, even after I updated design to myp. No loan on my side though.
mooshoodragon: Most of the VIN assignments and orders seem to be for people who ordered between 1/13 and 1/16. Yours should be close soon. I am not sure how long this will take before we will see movement. Hoping much before 3/31 for full purchase and hand over of the car or I am bailing. $7500 is too much money to not walk away from.

Tesla you better get your act together :)