Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an updated EDD of 2/27 to 3/31 (a week after my order was placed).

mooshoodragon: Most of the VIN assignments and orders seem to be for people who ordered between 1/13 and 1/16. Yours should be close soon. I am not sure how long this will take before we will see movement. Hoping much before 3/31 for full purchase and hand over of the car or I am bailing. $7500 is too much money to not walk away from.

Tesla you better get your act together :)
Tax rebate rules are murky, but the consensus seems to be that you won't lose the whole 7500, but just half 3750.

Depending on number of cancellations, Tesla might again drop the price by 3750 like they did in Dec 2022.

So everyone not getting the full rebate should cancel their order and then reorder when Tesla is shocked into dropping the price.

Just got a text message for VIN assignment!

MYLR, W/B/19
OD - 1/15, EDD Jan~Mar
1/18: EDD 2/8~3/8
2/9: EDD 2/19~3/5
2/11: VIN (#PF684), EDD 2/24~3/3

Mobile Connector had been out of stock and received an email yesterday indicating that they are back in stock. So I ordered one and a few other accessories on Amazon last night and got my VIN assigned this morning. I guess all I needed to do to make something happen was to order the charger or some accessories... ;)
Ordered the wall connector and mobile kit days after ordering the MYLR w/w no options on 1/18

Received the wall connector almost two weeks ago and received the mobile kit 3 days ago.

Hoping for a VIN assignment soon.

Congrats on the VIN assignment

Last edited:
Reactions: murmur11
Those who picked up, what's the mileage on the car? I understand 2-5 miles but anything more than 10 miles worries me that it is a reject recycle.
Mine has 15 miles. I believe someone drove for test drive or there were some miles on when they moved from Fremont factory to Dublin, CA.

I was worried but it's in perfect condition. If someone rejected it earlier, their loss. But I doubt someone can drive for even few miles without accepting delivery. Once delivery is accepted. You're owner. Can't return it.

Place order for my MYLR on feb 4. Silver Metallic, Induction Wheels and Tow Hitch. EST. Delivery Date still showing March - May. Has anyone ordered around that date and already has VIN? Thank
VIN was assigned on Friday and they gave me delivery options for Sun/Mon/Tue 2/12-2/14

I had originally set payment to cash, and in parallel had applied for a loan via Star One CU at 4.7%

It took about 4 days for getting the CU membership, after which the car loan approval took another couple of days.

On Friday, after getting the VIN, I went to Fremont showroom and had them update the MVPA to add the credit union's name, the CU then had me docusign a couple of agreements and then send me email showing payment already sent to Tesla via ACH.

While this was happening, I went to BofA and got a cashier's check for remaining amount.

So hopefully it is all set for Sunday delivery 🤞

Now I just need to setup car insurance. Progressive has given me the best quote, Tesla car insurance is almost twice as costly.
Nice, thanks for detailed response. You must live near me. I’m pre-approved with StarOne also and Tower.

Mine has 15 miles. I believe someone drove for test drive or there were some miles on when they moved from Fremont factory to Dublin, CA.

I was worried but it's in perfect condition. If someone rejected it earlier, their loss. But I doubt someone can drive for even few miles without accepting delivery. Once delivery is accepted. You're owner. Can't return it.
I have 15 miles mentioned in my MVPA, is it the Fremont thingy?😅

what did you order at Amazon? My OD is 1/18 and I am ordering today the mobile connector as I received the email that they are back in stock.
Hope you get your VIN assigned soon. I got Taptes floor mats, Spigen matte screen protector/console organizer tray, and cup holder insert. Still debating whether I should spend another 100 bucks for TesFram front license plate mount...

Ordered the wall connector and mobile kit days after ordering the MYLR w/w no options on 1/18

Received the wall connector almost two weeks ago and received the mobile kit 3 days ago.

Hoping for a VIN assignment soon.

Congrats on the VIN assignment
Thanks! I'm stuck with black interior since I have little kids but one of my friends got white interior and it looked really good. I think it's worth the wait and hope you get your VIN assignment soon!

Reactions: Cyclone and 455dan
Doesn’t the vehicle come with front LP bracket in states that require it? I live in NJ
I heard it comes with a front LP with a 3M adhesive. So a lot of people buy the LP on Amazon because it doesn't damage the car.

In NC, we don't need a front LP.

I also ordered the screen protector, maxpider all season mats + trunk mat, cup holder inserts, sliding tray for the center console, a mount for my mobile connector, carseat protectors, leather kick protectors for back or front seat, jack pads, and mudflaps (although I may return the mudflaps and get the OEM Tesla ones)

Reactions: rizradmd
I heard it comes with a front LP with a 3M adhesive. So a lot of people buy the LP on Amazon because it doesn't damage the car.

In NC, we don't need a front LP.

I also ordered the screen protector, maxpider all season mats + trunk mat, cup holder inserts, sliding tray for the center console, a mount for my mobile connector, carseat protectors, leather kick protectors for back or front seat, jack pads, and mudflaps (although I may return the mudflaps and get the OEM Tesla ones)

Links if you can share so I don’t have to research

Yup i don't think you save too much on gas if you live in Texas. Especially if you go on a road trip and use the super charger network
Right now, I pay 10¢/kWh for electricity at home and $3.00/gallon for gasoline in Texas. A gasoline-powered vehicle that gets 30 MPG costs 10¢/mile. If I use a Supercharger and pay 50¢/kWh, that's 14¢/mile which is the equivalent of a gasoline-powered vehicle that gets 21 MPG. If I charge at home, I pay less than 3¢/mile.

Reactions: tm3lrawd
Just got a text message for VIN assignment!

MYLR, W/B/19
OD - 1/15, EDD Jan~Mar
1/18: EDD 2/8~3/8
2/9: EDD 2/19~3/5
2/11: VIN (#PF684), EDD 2/24~3/3

Mobile Connector had been out of stock and received an email yesterday indicating that they are back in stock. So I ordered one and a few other accessories on Amazon last night and got my VIN assigned this morning. I guess all I needed to do to make something happen was to order the charger or some accessories... ;)
Congrats 🎉 I ordered both Mobile and Wall Connectors on 2/5 and delivered 2/8.

Anyone knows whether Fremont and Austin built have different number sequences? My VIN PA65xxx supposedly built 1/27 but I’v been seeing PF68xxx lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: murmur11
Links if you can share so I don’t have to research
Sure. I did spend a lot of time looking through it, hope this helps others. IMO a screen protector and all seasons mats are a MUST. If you have kids, the kick protectors are a must also. Everything else is more optional (although the jack pads seem a must if you plan on doing any lifting due to the battery being at the base)

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR EZ FIT] designed for Tesla Model 3 / Y Dashboard Touchscreen - Matte/Anti Fingerprint​

3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model Y 2021-2023 Custom Fit Floor Liners, Kagu Series (1st & 2nd Row)​

3D MAXpider Custom Fit Kagu Cargo Liner (Black) for 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y - Cargo Liner​

Carwiner Cup Holder for Tesla Model 3/Y 2021 2022 2023 Center Console Accessories Slot Slip Limit Clip Water Cup Hoder Insert​

EVandCAR Tesla Model 3/Y/S Leather Seat Back Protector, Wear-Resistant Car Kick Mats with Organizer Pocket, Set of 2​

Seven Sparta Charging Cable Holder with Chassis Bracket for Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model X Model S Charger Cable Organizer Tesla Accessories Car Wall Connector (Black)​

Spigen Console Organizer Tray (Carbon Edition) Designed for Tesla Model 3/Y with Smooth Slide Technology​

Basenor Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model S Model X Jack Pad Lifting Pucks Jack Lift Pad Adapter Tool with Storage Case(Protects Battery & Chassis) (4 Packs) Accessories​

BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Mud Flaps Splash Guards Winter Vehicle Sediment Protection 2016-2023(Set of 4)​

Tesla Model 3 Y S X Center Cap Wheel Cap Kit Lug Nut Cover Silver Matte (4 Hub Center Cap + 20 Lug Nut Cover) Tesla Accessories​

Tax rebate rules are murky, but the consensus seems to be that you won't lose the whole 7500, but just half 3750.

Depending on number of cancellations, Tesla might again drop the price by 3750 like they did in Dec 2022.

So everyone not getting the full rebate should cancel their order and then reorder when Tesla is shocked into dropping the price.
And wait another 3 months while price can change again?