Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR white/black no options
OD 1/16 evening PST (1/17 EST according to tesla)
EDD1 Jan-mar
EDD2 (~3-4 days later Feb2-Mar2)
EDD3 came on Feb2 shows Feb12-Feb26
Today is Feb12 and nothing. No VIN no updates.

Anyone else in similar boat?
Same order and order date (tesla says 1/17) my original Edd was march 1-31 then on 2/5 it moved to 2/19-3/19. No further updates. I’m in Wyoming but will be picking mine up in Denver Colorado.

1. Did you get the HD Clear Glass one or the Anti glare? I held back on ordering glass protector on the screen because I've watched videos and heard that regardless of brand, the "Clear Glass" ones cause more glare and the "Anti glare" ones cause the colors to be more dull due to being anti-glare.

5. I didn't think of this one so might pick those up (my MY has black seats so I don't know if I absolutely need this but I'l see).

7. The design looks great and I like how it has some grip at the bottom (I think?) so things don't slide around. I'm trying to find a good multi-piece set on Amazon so I can get everything but might just end up order things separately (maybe from same brand).

8. I thought plastidipping is only done on the wheel covers? I bought black 19 inch wheel covers for my MY and to install them, I just have to use my hands and strength to remove the default wheel covers and replace them with the wheel covers I bought (obv no jack pads needed).

9. I actually asked this question on here and also did some research/watched some videos. People have said to get the Tesla mudflaps (unfortunately it only comes with 2 for the front) because the way it's built and hopefully shouldn't cause any problems. Other 3rd-party ones might have different build design which could potentially cause issues/damage (even though it comes with 4).

1. Bought matte, so anti glare. I don't know how the colors are compared to no screen protector. I haven't done any tests with media and performance. Basically peeled the protective plastic that Tesla left on it for me, and slapped on a screen protector right away. I didn't want to risk running without a screen protector because this screen controls everything in the car. This is coming from me, a guy who never uses a screen protector on his phones haha

5. Yeah definitely not a "need" unless you have young kids. I was just pleasantly surprised at the quality, so it was a win-win (once the terrible off-gassing was completed)

7. Yes this piece has some kinda textured grip. I saw some that had 2-piece and 3-piece with lots of reviews also, but decided to go with this after I watched their clip, and it worked well. I like it. Still leaves room underneath, plan on putting a small "trash can" of sorts under there, not quite sure what would fit. Maybe a small empty tissue box as a "trash can"

8. I thought about getting alternative hubcaps also, some looked pretty decent. Some of the reviews about the clips breaking off and noise/lack of seal deterred me. I haven't tried plastidip before, but read up on it and apparently you can basically plastidip anything lol. Was going to do the wheels, which you can plastidip without removing but then I feel it would peel too easily so I wanted to do the backside as well to give it full texture to hold. Still haven't decided if it's worth all the trouble.

9. Thanks. Yeah, I'll probably return these and just buy OEM.

Reactions: rr_92
1. Did you get the HD Clear Glass one or the Anti glare? I held back on ordering glass protector on the screen because I've watched videos and heard that regardless of brand, the "Clear Glass" ones cause more glare and the "Anti glare" ones cause the colors to be more dull due to being anti-glare.

after watching this video i don't think i'm going to need a protector.

after watching this video i don't think i'm going to need a protector.

1676264357295.jpeg

Wow, pretty insane video, thanks for sharing haha. I am pleasantly surprised how durable the screen is. Now I kinda half regret putting a screen protector on it. Also surprised that it only cost $1500 to fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: sidewinder
View attachment 906635

Wow, pretty insane video, thanks for sharing haha. I am pleasantly surprised how durable the screen is. Now I kinda half regret putting a screen protector on it. Also surprised that it only cost $1500 to fix.
I don’t think you can sell a vehicle in North America where the screen isn’t mostly superfluous to the actually driving ability and core function

1. Bought matte, so anti glare. I don't know how the colors are compared to no screen protector. I haven't done any tests with media and performance. Basically peeled the protective plastic that Tesla left on it for me, and slapped on a screen protector right away. I didn't want to risk running without a screen protector because this screen controls everything in the car. This is coming from me, a guy who never uses a screen protector on his phones haha

5. Yeah definitely not a "need" unless you have young kids. I was just pleasantly surprised at the quality, so it was a win-win (once the terrible off-gassing was completed)

7. Yes this piece has some kinda textured grip. I saw some that had 2-piece and 3-piece with lots of reviews also, but decided to go with this after I watched their clip, and it worked well. I like it. Still leaves room underneath, plan on putting a small "trash can" of sorts under there, not quite sure what would fit. Maybe a small empty tissue box as a "trash can"

8. I thought about getting alternative hubcaps also, some looked pretty decent. Some of the reviews about the clips breaking off and noise/lack of seal deterred me. I haven't tried plastidip before, but read up on it and apparently you can basically plastidip anything lol. Was going to do the wheels, which you can plastidip without removing but then I feel it would peel too easily so I wanted to do the backside as well to give it full texture to hold. Still haven't decided if it's worth all the trouble.

9. Thanks. Yeah, I'll probably return these and just buy OEM.
1. Ah okay. I watched some videos and the difference was pretty apparent which is why I am still debating. I guess if you're currently using the anti-glare screen protector and everything is going well, there's no harm is just keeping it.

I actually put a glass screen protector on all phones/devices I buy and even help my family install theirs haha but the glass screen protector for the Tesla is the first time I've debated on actually getting one. For phones it makes sense in case you drop it or put it in your pocket/on a surface with sharp objects around it. However, for a Tesla I don't see how it can get scratched unless you have kids throwing things at it, sharp nails, accidentally hit something sharp onto it, etc.

That being said, the cautious nature of mine will probably lead me to buy the anti-glare glass screen protector for my Telsa MY.

Edit: Found a video on YouTube that showed a side-by-side before and after so attached the image. As you can see, the after pic shows that the screen is less sharp/clear and a little blurry. Not a huge deal if you want the protection though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 12.56.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 12.56.16 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
EDD1 Jan-mar

Yep.
MYLR White/white/19 SoCal
OD 1/14
EDD stayed at 2/10-3/10 for weeks
On 2/11 EDD finally updated and got pushed back to 2/23-3/23
No VIN
Pretty bummed

EDD1 Jan-mar

I'm in a similar boat
MYLR W/B/19"/Tow
Bay Area, CA
OD 1/17 noon
EDD 1 (1/17) Jan-Mar
EDD 2 (~1/19) 2/3 - 3/3
EDD 3 (2/4) 2/13 - 2/27 - expecting to get push tomorrow.