Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the government would be better off "investing" in tesla as the charging network is far superior. It's basically, "we are giving away money to build charging. you can have some if everyone can use the chargers". I would bet Tesla could make a bunch of money just rolling out Tesla brand CSS chargers, which anyone could use. I still think we are screwed if they open up Tesla to everyone as if everyone could just buy a super charger adapter, they would come the super chargers instead of existing CSS unless they know where reliable

not i.

i need a car since i am currently using my sister's car as a loaner
Not I either. My car is 23 years old, 370K miles.

I have to open passenger door from outside every time for people. Makes me look like a gentleman

When I go through In and Out drive-thru, I have to open the door, stick my head out to place order

Did you buy the car from inventory in OH? Or did you edit your order in the Tesla app and change MYLR to what you saw in inventory in OH? I ask because I am in IL and saw my exact configuration but with 20" wheels and was thinking about changing to 20" in hopes that I could get the MYLR assigned to OH location.
I called to OH tesla sales department. They can change your order based on your reservation code. Inventory is chaining every minutes. Better to call as soon as possible when you see in waitingfortesla.

Reactions: UwishUnew1
Wow they really go out of their way to make it impossible to get a car!
lt doesn't make financial sense to ship a single car from one state to the other. The logistics are highly planned and optimized from the factory to the destinations. They might be willing to ship it to your state from another if you are willing to bear the cost but even that involves a lot of nuisance at their end so they don't do it. You can try talking to them but very low probability of acceptance.

what about colors, is red faster
Coming from the Corvette forum, I can say for sure the red ones are the fastest 😉.

As for choosing certain options to get your car sooner, there's a huge number of anecdotes and a lot of confident speculation, but a real lack of any reliable patterns or production information. A change that made someone else's EDD get closer yesterday could make your EDD get pushed further if you make the same change today.

Coming from the Corvette forum, I can say for sure the red ones are the fastest 😉.

As for choosing certain options to get your car sooner, there's a huge number of anecdotes and a lot of confident speculation, but a real lack of any reliable patterns or production information. A change that made someone else's EDD get closer yesterday could make your EDD get pushed further if you make the same change today.
Yea I was willing to pay for it to be shipped, they said no

Reactions: TheSodaSaga
For what's its worth, Elon has said in the past that cybertruck would be the first to receive HW4

Correct - during the earnings call last month, he said HW4 would first be used on the Cybertruck which was expected to start "sometime this Summer".
I’m not so sure about that.

On the YouTube channel “now you know,” they played a clip of what he said.

“Cybertruck will start with HW4.”

That implies when CT comes out, it will have HW4. But it doesn’t imply HW4 will start with or be first on CT.

Something like “CT will start HW4,” note the missing “with,” would imply HW4 starting with CT.

Why all the fuss about HW4. The only difference it will make is for Enhanced Autopilot and FSD. Most people don't even use/buy those features so why care about it. If you can get a car for a decent price now, just get it and drive. I am sure the ones with HW4 will have higher prices. So no need to worry about the depreciation of HW3 ones I would think.

I see MYSR come up all the time in local inventory. If you want to pick up one of those, you can probably get it done quickly if you see one that matches. I've seen a lot of those over the last week show up in the VA inventory.
I spoke to SA and was informed that the production of MYSR hasn't yet started - she might have meant that the production of my MYSR hasn't started so I asked again and she confirmed again that no MYSR have been produced. Is this accurate?

Additionally, I was informed that the batteries used in MYSR are all built in US so I suppose this would qualify for the 7.5k federal tax credit even post March? Can someone confirm this?

Lastly, she said
My EDD for MYSR is Feb 17 - March 17. SA said car should arrive Feb 26.
Awesome! What was your OD?

I don't think you can even pick it up from out of state. Before I placed my order on 1/17, I found an inventory car in the next state (Nevada) about 4 hrs away but it states in the car details that it can only be registered in NV or UT.
Thats state specific.

If I use zip code 61820 (about middle of Illinois), can I see inventory in Indiana and Missouri. IN requires registration in IN, but MO does not.

• Helpful
Reactions: eRoamin