Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We love USAA, got it through a grandparent many years ago. They are great with claims and the coverage is excellent depending on what you choose. Would definitely recommend if you can get it - also home insurance etc etc. Haven't checked the rates lately so it's definitely worth comparing though.
I understand. I still bank with them and have been with them over 20 years but for insurance it was just getting out of control. I was paying over $1200 a year for homeowners and switched to nationwide at $600. Half the price for the same coverages. Auto insurance at the time was about $1200 for 6 months, switched to Geico for $400 for the same coverages. These two events were well over a decade ago. Just saying, shop around.

Reactions: WyoDude and erktrek
Update: Just saw in my Tesla App that my EDD changed to 2/17-2/28!!!! Wow It appears I will make the before March 1st cuttoff for the $7,500 tax credit. Nice
Sweet! My OD was 1/28 and I'm now on track for a 2nd quarter build/delivery... 🤬

Hopefully some hw updates will be included do to the iteration process but who knows at this point. I realize it would NOT be Hw 4 at this early stage but would be happy with a Hw 3.5 if that were possible. Pure fantasy of course but one can dream...

The full credit is only guaranteed UNTIL March, not THROUGH March - that means any deliveries after February 28, 2023 may no longer qualify for part or any of the $7,500 credit.
I think this same topic had been discussed on this forum before, but as far as I know, the vehicle will continue to be eligible for the full $7,500 tax credit, not until March, but rather "until the Treasury Department's March rules update." I don't believe anyone knows yet which day in March that guidance will be issued. So, it'll depend on that and perhaps more importantly what the guidance will say as to exactly when the new rules will take effect.

Reactions: BailMY and sdq_11
yes, ordered on 2/10 - bay area. Got VIN assigned in minutes but no updates since then. they said its in production and ETA will be updated when available.
Ordered on 2/3, yet to get VIN and ODD still shows Feb - March. Spoke to SA and was informed that the car is still in pre-production. I see that they added more AWD today. Hoping that that’s a sign that the delivery is around the corner!

I’m guessing you’re paying all cash. No chance you’re getting loan done through 3rd party lender with VIN on Tuesday and delivery Friday
Maybe you need a new bank or CU? Mine has pre-approved me and said once they have a VIN, they could do final approval and wire the funds within a couple hours. They've done several of these with Tesla and know the drill.

Reactions: zroger73
I think this same topic had been discussed on this forum before, but as far as I know, the vehicle will continue to be eligible for the full $7,500 tax credit, not until March, but rather "until the Treasury Department's March rules update." I don't believe anyone knows yet which day in March that guidance will be issued. So, it'll depend on that and perhaps more importantly what the guidance will say as to exactly when the new rules will take effect.
Even if IRS release guidance, MY will still qualify for 7500 as the 2170 battery fully meet the IRA requirement. No worries!
Tesla already called out lay year they expect to get full credit and meanwhile GM CEO called out they could only get half due to GM battery is not assembled in north America.

Reactions: hp1234
While I'm very happy for yous guys (said in my best NJ accent) - I have to wonder why this is happening to us Ny/NJers.. also am extremely envious.

Again my OD: 1/28, EDD was 03/20-03/31 and is now April 19 - May 31

MYLR - Grey/Black, tow hitch, 19" tires, not being financed, delivery to showroom in Cherry Hill, NJ (near Philadelphia)

It's the tow hitch isn't it? 😉

Even if IRS release guidance, MY will still qualify for 7500 as the 2170 battery fully meet the IRA requirement. No worries!
Tesla already called out lay year they expect to get full credit and meanwhile GM CEO called out they could only get half due to GM battery is not assembled in north America.
Where have you read this? I would love for this to be correct but would also like to see it written some where.