Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got Vin assigned yesterday in NJ and and told to pick in next 3 days. I have family emergency and would be able to pick in March. I was told told I can put on hold for 14 days but Vin would be relased. They can't gurantee new Vin untill it is put on hold and factory assigns new one at some point. I don't want to miss on full fed credit after March. What is the chance they would put me back in the queue and not assign me another Vin in March ?
You have an emergency that is lasting for more than 2 weeks? Yikes, sorry to hear that. Maybe you can have someone else get the car?

MYLR Blue/Black/19/
OD: 02/03
EDD1: FEB-MAR
EDD2: MAY-JUN

Found a match in Ohio and reserved it for $250, having it shipped for pickup. I was worried but the easiest part was getting a SA to add the new car (with VIN) to my old RN number to get original pricing. In place of the normal "transport fee" they are using my "extra" $250 I used to reserve the ohio car days ago the EDD said February 22 - March 10, so there was a build assigned to me
Inventory keeps popping up and gets snatched quickly. Keep checking for your region. The only problem or difference based on one's perception is, if you ordered after 1st price drop then easily the difference in what you ordered and what shows up in inventory is $6K. You can always offset it by 2K citing the difference in wheel size. Then again, to each its own.

Summary - keep checking inventory in your region and call a SA to have your $250 amount transferred to new order if you desperately want the car 😬
I texted the SA ( same number as order confirmation text), but have not received any response. Is there another way to reach the SA?

My neighbor is an electrician. He installed my Tesla wall charger for $80. I’m thinking that’s a steal. 😂
Ours was installed for free!
We used to have a hot tub on our deck, we sold it. So we took existing wire and 50 amp breaker and installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet. No problems with my Lectron chsrger after 2 years and it charges all 3 Teslas just fine.
Told hubby I will eventually invest in a Tesla wall charger since we have 3 now.

Reactions: erktrek
Ours was installed for free!
We used to have a hot tub on our deck, we sold it. So we took existing wire and 50 amp breaker and installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet. No problems with my Lectron chsrger after 2 years and it charges all 3 Teslas just fine.
Told hubby I will eventually invest in a Tesla wall charger since we have 3 now.
Nice! I just had to pay for the parts.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Did you schedule pickup yet?

Got VIN today (Saturday)
Delivery request 15 min after. What the heck???
Fremont pickup
Farthest delivery date I can push is next Thu 2/23

Need to finalized loan, Tower
Just uploaded MVPA and POA
Tower closed today, Sunday, and Monday is holiday.

I’ll call them Tuesday, hope they can finalize in 2 days.
Yeah, I was constantly texting Tesla to see what was going on. They told me to schedule and they would work with the team to get things done. So I scheduled it for the 22nd, to give myself as much time as possible.

Apparently, it had an issue with the payoff for the trade-in. So I contacted the bank doing the loan to get the letter (owe less than $500), then emailed that to Tesla. After that it went pretty quick.

Today, I contacted the delivery location and asked if I could reschedule. The guy that picked didn’t sound amused… until I asked for an EARLIER date. “Oh, you want it earlier?”

Pick will be 20th, which works best, since that’s my day off.

i wish i had that problem where they want me to schedule right after vin. its looking like i will have to wait two weeks . Vin assigned 2/15 EDD 3/4-3/11 but hopefully gets here sooner than that. everything is ready to go.
Honestly, I sometimes wonder if this was either a reject or cancelled order, due to the timing.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder if this was either a reject or cancelled order, due to the timing.
You’ll know on delivery date

For Californians picking up at their Fremont factory, it’s common for immediate delivery scheduling because no need to transport. Parking lot is right there.

So when they text you for delivery, they want you to respond quickly like a booty call at 2:00am

You’ll know on delivery date

Oh god, don’t remind me.

For Californians picking up at their Fremont factory, it’s common for immediate delivery scheduling because no need to transport. Parking lot is right there.

So when they text you for delivery, they want you to respond quickly like a booty call at 2:00am

The last text about that was yesterday.

“If you don’t schedule by 4 pm tomorrow, “ etc.

Yeah, I was constantly texting Tesla to see what was going on. They told me to schedule and they would work with the team to get things done. So I scheduled it for the 22nd, to give myself as much time as possible.

Apparently, it had an issue with the payoff for the trade-in. So I contacted the bank doing the loan to get the letter (owe less than $500), then emailed that to Tesla. After that it went pretty quick.

Today, I contacted the delivery location and asked if I could reschedule. The guy that picked didn’t sound amused… until I asked for an EARLIER date. “Oh, you want it earlier?”

Pick will be 20th, which works best, since that’s my day off.

you can sometimes tell by your vin number. i know with fremont build if your vin is pf690xxxx then more than likely its fresh out of production. thats how my vin looks. Can you contact your SA and they can let you know?

1/22 OD w/w/19/no tow
2/17 change to msm/w/20/no tow
2/18 VIN assigned

We fell for the MSM after seeing how well it contrasts with tint, black wheels and white interior. I always felt like I'd have regret sticking w/ 19s, even though they're more practical here. The last persuading factor was the MN SC rarely gets inventory w/ 19s, and often not many white, but plenty of other colors in the last month, especially red the last few weeks. No regrets here after getting a VIN the next day! We're excited

Car came in a few days early and got a text to come pick it up!

1FEA5782-B881-4187-B00A-D309BC1DF65F.jpeg
A2106531-7616-4362-B575-C2C6318868D8.jpeg