Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody knows, that’s the $3750 question! My personal feeling is they will honor all orders made before 3/1 or extend until April or end of year. They can’t push the green agenda and take away the bribes. Plus Biden loves Ford and gm and wants them to be competitive
Yeah I hope that Tesla engaging with the Biden administration on this ev push and extending the supercharger network to non Tesla that it might give us a chance that nothing changes. But I know that just hope and not a realization. I agree can't yoyo credits if you want people to buy in.

I wonder how many people will switch to VW ID.4 if the credit is halved. They already have a 4-6 months waiting period. They will continue to get full tax credit even after IRS announces the new date. I say this based on the information I got from their representative yesterday, at the Chicago auto show.

They are also giving 3 years of free charging on Electrify America or 36K miles, whichever comes first.

The car is beautiful. Range can be much lower if you take AWD but the price difference is also significant compared to MY. Probably VW should prepare for a bunch of orders already 😅

Last edited:
Dang, I changed to MYP basic option on 2/3 and still don't have a VIN...

My original OD of MYLR is 1/15.

This one hurts my head, do they not make identical cars in order?
While they might make identical cars in order, they might also take destination into account. Shuffling things around so more get out quicker.

Honestly, I have no idea.

I wonder how many people will switch to VW ID.4 if the credit is halved. They already have a 4-6 months waiting period. They will continue to get full tax credit even after IRS announces the new date. I say this based on the information I got from their representative yesterday, at the Chicago auto show.

The car is beautiful. Range can be much lower if you take AWD but the price difference is also significant compared to MY. Probably VW should prepare for a bunch of orders already 😅
I doubt it will impact ID4 orders that much. They are in the same boat with the tax credit getting halved for them as well. Really depends on whether or not you want to pay extra for the Tesla range, infrastructure, and software updates.

Reactions: WyoDude

I have doubts, Lots of reports the VW software and updates are just sub par. Alex Guberman (E for Electric) has almost had enough with his.

Hi, believe it or not - there are five sales advisors with first name 'Nick' at the Indiana Tesla office. The one we've been working with is Nick Foley. However it was another Nick (I didn't get his last name - I think he is the manager) who actually changed my config to match the Cleveland Tesla and confirmed my VIN. (history: I sent a message on Thu night about the match and I got a response that night to call the local Tesla office. Knowing that the office isn't open until 10:00am, I called around 8:30am and the other Nick took my call and made the change!)

Best wishes!

Thank yougreenearth2129 again for the info, I did exactly what you did on Friday, found matching vehicle in Cleveland OH, and spoke to Nick (not sure which Nick), and I was told they can't change and I have to pay price difference since my booking was for $52,990, it looks either he doesn't know or pushed me away.

Is it pretty normal for delivery scheduling to happen immediately after VIN assignment? As opposed to getting assigned a VIN and still waiting for the vehicle to be built/shipped from the factory?

Atlanta, GA
MYLR5, white/black/20"
OD: 1/21
EDD: 3/12-3/31
EDD2: 2/26-3/26
VIN Assigned 2/18 and delivery scheduled 2/20 later today

Reactions: dion009 and hp1234
Is it pretty normal for delivery scheduling to happen immediately after VIN assignment? As opposed to getting assigned a VIN and still waiting for the vehicle to be built/shipped from the factory?

Atlanta, GA
MYLR5, white/black/20"
OD: 1/21
EDD: 3/12-3/31
EDD2: 2/26-3/26
VIN Assigned 2/18 and delivery scheduled 2/20 later today
dang i wish.i was in the same scenario. my vin was assigned 2/15 but i haven't heard anything about scheduling delivery yet.

Atlanta area (suburbs)
OD: 1/25/2023 7 PM EST
MYLR MSM/WHITE INTERIOR/20'INDUCTION 5 SEATER
1st EDD: Jan-March
2nd EDD: March 21-March 31
3rd EDD: March 15-March 31
4th EDD: February 23-March 23
VIn Assigned: 2/15/2023
5th EDD: March 4-March 11
6Th EDD: Feb 25-March6 (updated today)
*Hopefully will get a text to schedule delivery soon.
Your OD is identical to mine, except its coming to Charlotte, NC. My VIN was assigned the same day as yours.

Only difference is my EDD is still March 4th - March 11th. I'm hoping it updates later today ;)

Reactions: Ckim0510