Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trust people here more than tesla SA lol. But being serious based on my experience tracking informations in this page I have seen people order 20 inches rims with OD a week after my OD got their car already.
@Yomanjm, decision is yours but as mentioned above it appears that 20" wheel orders have been delivered sooner than 19"
  • Keep your MYLR with 19"
  • Edit your design via Tesla account page and upgrade to 20", keep lower MSRP
  • Monitor inventory, find a match, then work with SA to keep lower MSRP
  • Monitor inventory, find a match, don't work with SA and pay higher MSRP

Reactions: Yomanjm
I received the "...great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize...."
I've seen some people say this is a general mass text message.

For people who have received this - have you found this to be accurate? How soon after the text did you receive your VIN?
I received it on 13th and my edd is shown TBD. Spoke to SA and they are saying it's still in factory and will get an update once it's shipped.

Trust people here more than tesla SA lol. But being serious based on my experience tracking informations in this page I have seen people order 20 inches rims with OD a week after my OD got their car already.
While I was charging my M3 this past weekend, I went to chat w a SA inside the show room. He told me the preorders are made based on their order dates, but this is definitely not what we are observing here, so I’m with you, lol

Has anyone try Tesla financing. I have excellent credit and I am 6% APR compare to other banks like BofA which is giving me 5%.

What rates everyone getting and is it worth to go with Tesla financing or any benefits of going with them and pay extra 1% ?

Not saying this is not true, however, I spoke to my SA and she said this is just a coincidence. If one comes into inventory and happens to be there, one might get it. She did confirm that if the car matches your order that the RN can be attached to that car and you end up paying for the original contracted price plus the cost of, for example, larger tires.

That sound right?
In the past week or so, I've noticed a few MY Long Ranges and Performance vehicles in existing inventory (as another posted, you can use Stop Waiting For Tesla - Get Fast Tesla Inventory Alerts to check Tesla inventories across the US). A few weeks back there would practically be 0 MY LR or Performance vehicles available in existing inventory for weeks (maybe 1-2 in very rare circumstances).

If you're able to see one available near you and don't mind paying some extra amount, I would try contacting your SA and see if they can honor your car's original base price while you pay the extra amount for all the customizations (any combination of color, tow hitch, 20 inch wheels, etc). Not sure if that's possible but worth trying if you want to get a MY asap (excluding the AWD SR since there are so many of them in inventory now).

Got my Vin today and it’s DEE6PA080XXX…any idea how to check production date?
Are you sure that's right? If I'm not mistaken, the VIN for MY should start with 7SA.

Reactions: Yomanjm
Has anyone try Tesla financing. I have excellent credit and I am 6% APR compare to other banks like BofA which is giving me 5%.

What rates everyone getting and is it worth to go with Tesla financing or any benefits of going with them and pay extra 1% ?
I don't have personal experience with Tesla financing however my 2 cents from what I've observed from others
  • Tesla financing: You don't have a banking preference, quick turn around, higher end of APR
  • Third-party loan: You have a banking preference, varying results, lower APR options
  • Cash is king

5.4%. I’ll be paying it off before the end of the year though so i went with the convenience since interest will be minimal.

I ordered pre-cut 3M Pro film from a company called North Tints. I've ordered kits from them in the past and have been very pleased.
Hi, NovaY,

Thanks for the name - just searched and their pre-cut price is definitely good. I am thinking to get the front bumper only. Did you select "Remove parking sensors from the pre-cut'? As for DIY - I do not think this is super difficult - doable. A local PPF installers asked for $500 for the front bumper only whereas the pre-cut from North Tints ranges around $250 (depending on the brand). Thanks!

mylr wht/blk+tow+19
od 1/20
edd 3/10 - 3/31 (updated 1/25)
just got vin assigned for austin build. also got text they would reach out to schedule delivery. so it looks like they're ahead of schedule at least around here.

Estimated Delivery: February 27 - March 04​

We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon