Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys has anyone installed wall charger yet? I’m guessing some of you already had…I’m hearing there’s an EV charger tax credit for upto $1000 or 30%. Is this right that I’m hearing?
We spent about 1500 on the Install plus Wall Connector at end of 2022 and got 30% back on our 2022 taxes. Whoop 🙌
It’s off of the Charger plus install and the same thing applies to solar panels ;)
That is great to hear! I didn’t know it until today when I was browsing for any incentives…thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: KeylynsParadox
My deal-breaker is not just losing a portion of the $7,500 tax credit.

I'm offended by Tesla's unfair treatment of early orders, as they purposely delayed them and gave priority to later orders. There is no transparency at any point.
You’re right, in that there’s no transparency.

But it’s exactly because of that, none of us know what or why they do things that you think is delaying orders or prioritizing others.

People need to stop making assumptions.

Did my order get prioritized before someone else, because I bought an
MYP? Some would like to think so, but haven’t these folks ever thought… maybe the order was someone else’s, with a much earlier OD, that was cancelled… or worse, rejected? I saw a “panel” alignment issue with the hatch and bumper. There are a couple of weird gaps with the front bumper trim. Maybe there was a previous person that rejected it. But, I’m fine with it.

I mean, I’ve seen orders with selected paint colors and tow, etc on MYP. Meaning they’d be considered “higher margin,” right? They’re still waiting. Hell, there’s a guy across town from me also still waiting for almost the same order as mine (OD, trim, color, everything).

I’ve also seen plenty of brand new “basic” MYLRs (white, 19” wheels, etc) with temp plates rolling around here too. Hell, I had to wait almost half an hour after my delivery appointment time, because of “plain ‘ol” MYLR ahead of me was taking their time.

So again, we just don’t know. Making claims they’re purposely doing this or that is rather pointless because of it.

SA comes into picture after vin assignment only right?
An SA can come into the picture at any time. One SA at the SC even said to me it would’ve been more informative if I had spoken to them to make the order as they could talk me through the rest of the steps and timing. But since I did it on my own (like many others), I’m basically at the whims of “whatever, whoever, whenever” that processes the orders.

Tesla let's you schedule a DD while the cars are on transit. I believe the Tesla reps at the location get an estimated date when the trucks will arrive and you probably get to schedule when they are somewhat close. Unfortunately, there can always be delays even when you have a 1 week EDD or DD scheduled.

And yes, very bad weather could possibly delay the delivery.
Yeah, unfortunately I’m gonna have to pick a date in early March since I can’t go on the 28th and hope I’ll still qualify for full tax credit. 🫤

Reactions: rr_92
Has anyone else ordered a MYLR from “existing inventory”?
Really hoping I can take delivery by 3/1 lol.
It said “coming soon to Denver” and had the VIN assigned the day I ordered on 02/05.
Today marks 3 weeks.
I know I’m pretty spoiled 🙈
Apparently the "coming soon" inventory listings are not coming that soon.

MYLR White/ Black/ 20in Induction
No extras.

Denver, CO

ODD: 02/05/23
VIN: Same day as Order
EDD: 02/16- 03/11
Changed to Prepare for Delivery around 02/24

Dying to get this before the IRS makes any changes in March 😶
Dodged a huge bullet by canceling my Y order last December 💆🏼‍♀️😅💸
Today is 3 weeks from ODD so hoping I hear soon, though I will call today in case the car is finished and they can schedule me 🤞🏼😹

Personally don’t care if the radar comes back as it shouldn’t cost more than 1k to add it back in and after the EV tax credit (IF I don’t get undermined by the IRS changes in March) this car will have cost $43k! ^_^ whoop whoop
Are you sure you ordered LR not the AWD ?

There is:
1. MY AWD (standard range, all-wheel drive)
2. MY LR AWD (long range, all-wheel drive)
3. MY P AWD (performance, all-wheel drive)
It would be simpler to call them M Y SR AWD, then it would be less potential for people to confuse.

Did someone put MY AWD and forget LR?

Most know that LR only come in AWD, but by seeing it mentioned in M Y AWD, some newly introduced might think there's no AWD when people put M Y LR. And of course, putting M Y LR AWD might also imply there's a non-AWD version...

Because finally, there was an SR RWD, for a while.