Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like that my EDD changed to 4/18 - 5/23 from 4/22 - 6/3. Maybe more people than what tesla anticipated cancelled their orders after realizing that they are not getting the full tax credit after today? If it is, thanks to those who cancelled, I get to see my tesla sooner than expected!

• Funny
Reactions: BailMY
Just like that my EDD changed to 4/18 - 5/23 from 4/22 - 6/3. Maybe more people than what tesla anticipated cancelled their orders after realizing that they are not getting the full tax credit after today? If it is, thanks to those who cancelled, I get to see my tesla sooner than expected!
Is that correct? The IRS needs to issue guidance first so if they don't do it tomorrow then EV credits are still on until they do.

Question here.

Original MYLR on 2/3 hours before the $1500 price hike. Delivery to Savannah been stuck on 4/17-5/29 ever since.

Found same trim in inventory the other day and placed order. Delivery estimate now 3/11-3/17 which is great. But in talking with sales rep (national number not local Savannah person) they said I cannot use the lower price from which I made the original order and had to instead accept the inventory price.

This seems different from what I’ve read. If so any suggestions on how to handle this?

TIA
Did you edit your design to match the one in inventory and got the assignment or did you place a new order for the inventory vehicle? If you placed a new order then the old base price won't be honored but if you edited your design to match it then it will be honored. If you placed a new order then first edit your old order to match this vehicle and then cancel the new order so that the vehicle is released back to inventory and assigned to your original order because now you have the same build requirement. But before doing all this, go talk to an SA personally because it is very much possible that Tesla might have changed their policy by now.

Question here.

Original MYLR on 2/3 hours before the $1500 price hike. Delivery to Savannah been stuck on 4/17-5/29 ever since.

Found same trim in inventory the other day and placed order. Delivery estimate now 3/11-3/17 which is great. But in talking with sales rep (national number not local Savannah person) they said I cannot use the lower price from which I made the original order and had to instead accept the inventory price.

This seems different from what I’ve read. If so any suggestions on how to handle this?

TIA
I always suggest go and personally meet an SA at your closest Tesla location. If you edit your build to match the invenory vehicle, it should automatically get assigned to you and the original base price that you ordered at should be honored.

Looks like Tesla just added around 300 MY SR AWD to existing inventory with a $1000 discount (base model with defaults now priced at $51,990).

Edit: Also looks like in Ohio there's 1 Silver MY LR w/ 19 inch wheels priced at $55,990.
The AWD was 50,990 before they actually bumped it up $1000 i ordered mine from inventory at $51,990 which was blue i see that the same price is for the white now.

Reactions: dion009
I got the vehicle trade in message a couple of days ago.I personally met an SA today and asked him about my VIN assignment. He said they send the vehicle trade in message when they are expecting you to get the car within 30 days because trade in offer expires after 30 days and it doesnt make sense to ask you for trade in if the car is to be delivered later than 30 days. Basically he was saying that I should get a VIN in a week or 2 max. Can anyone confirm this from experience ?

Reactions: Chey and msinfo
Did you edit your design to match the one in inventory and got the assignment or did you place a new order for the inventory vehicle? If you placed a new order then the old base price won't be honored but if you edited your design to match it then it will be honored. If you placed a new order then first edit your old order to match this vehicle and then cancel the new order so that the vehicle is released back to inventory and assigned to your original order because now you have the same build requirement. But before doing all this, go talk to an SA personally because it is very much possible that Tesla might have changed their policy by now.
Thanks for the input. I basically found one in existing inventory that matched the original order from 3 weeks ago. No edits needed was exact match. Maybe cart before horse but sales location 2 hours away and I jumped on it due to much faster delivery estimate and Hoping to squeeze in delivery before IRS modifies tax credits. Others seem to have done this and had original price honored since it’s the same exact trim. But maybe I’m wrong.

The AWD was 50,990 before they actually bumped it up $1000 i ordered mine from inventory at $51,990 which was blue i see that the same price is for the white now.
Yeah they did price increases a while back for them along with the other MY vehicles. Since more people started ordering MY SR AWD, they also raised the prices for them again.

$51,990 is not bad for those who are feeling very impatient. Tbh those who have orders for MYLR or MYP, just keep waiting and see what will happen with federal tax credit, HW 4.0, Tesla Investor Day news, etc.

Question here.

TIA
Ask you SA to raise a case for Goodwill credit to regional manager. Chances are 50-50 but that's only available option for you

Reactions: jchasman