Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Diego, CA
MY Base, MSM, 20" Induction Wheels
OD: 2/4
VIN: 2/5
EDD 1: 18 Feb-18 Mar
EDD disappeared a week ago today, no information. Called today and they said my vehicle hasn't even been made yet. Tried to change my wheels a week after ordering and was told I couldn't because the vehicle was being built already. No idea what's going on at this point.
Text your SA and ask again. Your vehicle might have been in assembly line but there may have been an issue. Maybe the QC rejected the paint and send the vehicle back o be repainted or something like that. My order date and build date are 1 month a part. Try to get the vin if they said it has been built

I watched the entire broadcast... uff.. dunno how I got through the whole thing without a shot of caffeine!!! Disappointed as a consumer/customer.. not too much information about the new prototypes or timelines, USS, nothing about credits (well they wouldn't really care about that).. a lot of engineering and assembly lines, innvoations etc. which were fascinating for those who have interest in such topics.

PS: They need to get better presenters and make the ambience much more lively. Learn a thing or two from Apple events.
Good that they were presenting close to the trading cut off for the day. They can garner the feedback and plan for mitigation the following day(s) if the stocks take a beating.
I'm a technical person so first part was interesting to me but the rest was kinda boring. They're not going to get better presenters because all of the people who spoke today seem to be pretty involved at Tesla so they're not going to hire extra people whose job is to mostly speak/talk.

Honestly I don't think Elon cares that much if the stock takes a beating. They talked mostly about the positive impact on the environment/world whereas investors probably only care about them making more cars, money, and profit so that explains why Tesla stock is dropping. Some of the questions asked during Q&A showed that there's a disconnect between the goals of Tesla vs its investors. One guy literally said "we don't want to see the same Tesla models when turning the corner" during his question so his focus was Tesla producing more models vs Tesla's whole presentation of cutting costs and their big picture plan on impact/expansion.

Edit: Don't want to hijack this thread for thoughts on the investor day event so not going to talk about this anymore.

MYLR BLU/BLK no additions
OD: 1/17
Latest EDD: 2/26 to 3/6
Received text today (3/1) to schedule delivery in NJ
Picking up on Friday.

FYI, I had texted my SA on 2/26 asking when can I expect delivery (since it was already EDD date). Received text back after 24hrs telling me that Vehicle was on route and will reach NJ on 3/2 and i can expect delivery on 3/3, 3/4 or 3/6.

Hi all, picked up my MYLR 20”, MSM, black with tow yesterday at Mount Kisco, NY. Nice people. Snowstorm had ended around noon and it was spitting rain and chilly around 4pm at pickup. Car looked great.

Except on the way home on the highway my windshield got super dirty and dry smeared since the washer fluid wouldn’t come out. I ended up finding that the tube from the holding tank under the cover under the frunk hadn’t been connected to the lines running to the wipers . Had blue sticky fluid sitting around the frunk... Thankfully i was able to fix it and purge the lines to get fluid today. Funny, on my way home i had to stop as a gas station with my new MY, no, not for gas, but to clean my windows so i could drive home. 😆

Anyways, when i was picking up the MY I saw a Tesla rep trying her hardest to adhere the front (required in NY) plate and bracket to someone else’s Tesla and it kept falling off. It was 34 degrees and wet…. By the way in NY the permanent plates come with the car; no temp tags. So, I told my guy that I didnt want him to put it on mine and that I was going to wait till today when it warmed up to the 40s and was dry. Wouldn’t you know, I got a ticket in the city (Manhattan) while parked for not having a front plate (even in the window). Already submitted a dispute online to have the ticket dismissed, and uploaded evidence from Tesla’s website where they state not to adhere the bracket and plate on cold, wet days. Maybe ill get a nice jugde online and the ticket ($65) will be dismissed.

By the way, I moved from 19” to 20” in my order when the IRS went from 55k to 80k. Was scared of the ‘rougher ride’. However, after 60 miles already I can say that I have no regerts personally. The ride is actually smoother than my Mustang Mach E EV, which I sold (more like flipped) in order to buy this MYLR.

Nothing in inventory?
The way it works is that they are estimating transfer to destination. They will give the vin to people live farther. For people who lives closer they will assign vin right before schedule delivery.

MYLR BLack/ white.19” . OD 1/16. Vin received 2/16 EDD changed to 02/24- 03/06
Schedule delivery 02/02-.vin assigned 02/16. 3-5. I missed to pick time then I called them and changed the pick up to tomorrow. 02/02

The way it works is that they are estimating transfer to destination. They will give the vin to people live farther. For people who lives closer they will assign vin right before schedule delivery.

MYLR BLack/ white.19” . OD 1/16. Vin received 2/16 EDD changed to 02/24- 03/06
Schedule delivery 02/02-.vin assigned 02/16. 3-5. I missed to pick time then I called them and changed the pick up to tomorrow. 02/02
Also they mentioned they inspect in the morning.

Weren’t some people offered that? Thought I saw it in this thread.
The only way it's been proven possible is if something pops up in inventory and the SA changes it for you. Otherwise, any edits we make to the order, we are approving the new price.

It's extremely unlikely to find something in stock and get an SA on the phone/ text you back fast enough to secure the car.

I hate paying $2k more, but I see it as an "accelerated delivery fee". Trying to stay positive 😅😭

• Funny
Reactions: amo2u
I've told SA that I would gladly take one with the 20" wheels if it means quicker delivery. Per SA 'Our system is designed to source you your desired configuration as soon as possible. Making changes to your configuration will typically only cause your estimated delivery time to increase.'
“As soon as possible” must be incredibly subjective. I’ve seen several vehicles with my exact configuration available in other areas (even within a 100 miles) over the past 6 weeks.

Reactions: slyderz3
Send pic!!
Salt…. Oh, the salt.
702A210A-D600-43AD-A323-18435E4BFC9F.jpeg

Speaking of which…

I just curbed my 21”s not even half an hour ago.

😭
Lots of people here judging people for curbing their wheels, "you must not know how to drive" "I've been driving 50 years never once curbed a wheel" etc..., I spent about 1k to do a really nice black chrome PVD on the stock model 3 19" wheels for my wife, wasn't too long I noticed curb rash, I probably gave her too much crap about it because not a week later I had two spots! one from turning in a driveway too soon and another from pulling up to a curb, Moral of the story, No judgement here!