Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a text yesterday about trading in my car.
Received a text this evening with the VIN (estimated delivery March 3-10). Austin build.
Dave, are you actually trading? I'm not trading (nothing selected in my app) and today they still sent me a text today about trading. They offered $10K less than I sold my truck on Craigslist for, but their text mentioned the tax advantage of trading to lower your sales tax. Unfortunately for them, $10K more from Craigslist sale was nearly 4X the sales tax I would have saved..

But they did shorten my EDD by 6 days yesterday (as soon as 3/10) yesterday. So I hope I'm as lucky as you and get a VIN tomorrow or soon!

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Finally picked mine up yesterday. All went well. Was told that there was minor issue with one of the wiper arm and that they replaced it. Didn’t see any significant flags. However, after I got home , I got this strange buzzing/hissing noise while the car was updating from 2022.44.200 to 2013.2.12 and also was charging at the same time. The hissing/buzzing noise stopped by itself in about 5-7 minutes. Anyone with 2013 Model Y LR Austin built experienced same issue ? Video Link:

Wow what was that i have same Astin build Model YLR never had this issue.

Dave, are you actually trading? I'm not trading (nothing selected in my app) and today they still sent me a text today about trading. They offered $10K less than I sold my truck on Craigslist for, but their text mentioned the tax advantage of trading to lower your sales tax. Unfortunately for them, $10K more from Craigslist sale was nearly 4X the sales tax I would have saved..

But they did shorten my EDD by 6 days yesterday (as soon as 3/10) yesterday. So I hope I'm as lucky as you and get a VIN tomorrow or soon!
When I placed the order, I didn’t indicate that I had a trade-in. I was hoping that when I got the text encouraging me to consider trading-in yesterday that I was getting close to a VIN. I was pleasantly surprised today to get a VIN (still no trade-in planned).

You had locked in a good price, so maybe just wait and see since you already paid that non refundable $250.

This is another good example of how Tesla chooses to prioritize.

Received a text yesterday about trading in my car.
Received a text this evening with the VIN (estimated delivery March 3-10). Austin build.
Hopefully more W/B/19 are rolling out. My OD is 1/20 and current EDD is 3/18-3/31. Fingers crossed.

Ok, good things DO happen to bad people o_O. I saw on waitingfortesla.com my exact ordered (but with a Tow Hitch) car. My original order (OD 1/26) was pushed from middle of March to 10APR-15MAY. I clicked on “RESERVE”, paid the $250 fee. I headed right away to my SR in West Suburb of Chicago, about a 20 minute drive.

Long strory short - arriving at my local show room, there were two SAs. I asked about switching my original RN to this new order so that I could purchase at the ‘sale’ price I had on first order.

He said/she said: One agent said she thought so, but at the same time the other said it would work. She said that they should check with manager in back. He said manager would not do it. She started typing the request to manager. He said again not possible. Viola! While we were talking I noticed a few minutes later on my app as well as a text that I received a VIN number. Delivery date 14MAR!!!!!!

Note as I mentioned that this one has tow hitch. I will of course be paying the original price + $1k for the hitch. This also gets me into that $7,500 tax credit window.

Yay me!!!

I did “buy” the waitingfortesla guy a coffee. I am also grateful to the sales agent that helped me (she is also the one that was assigned to me originally.

Yes. Good things do happen to bad people! :D

OD 1/16 (Tesla doc has 1/17)
MYLR5 W/B/19"/Tow (Changed to W/B from Blue/B with TXT 510# to SA few days after OD)
EDD1 (1/18) 2/12-3/19
EDD2 (2/5) 2/19-3/19
EDD3 (2/17) 3/3-3/10
VIN (2/17) PF692
DD 3/3

Got my car today @ Mt. Kisco NY. Came in 15 minutes early. My car was there with my name, unlocked and waiting. Everyone @ Mt.Kisco was really chill and helpful. "Take your time, no rush, please let us know if need any help" Looked car over in/out and it was flawless, at least to my eye :) Matrix lights, cargo cover, adapter. One little issue with front passenger side window rolling down every time I tried to close it was resolved by tech in 5 minutes. Did my trade in BMW 335XI - also easy and no issues, no games. Speaking of trade in. I did get a better offer from Carmax and Driveway. Initially I liked the Driveway better b/c they were willing to come to my house to pick up the car and their offer was close to Carmax. With Carmax I would have to drive the car over 40 miles and reading their reviews did not motivate me to try them out. Anyway, as soon as I was done with virtual inspection of Driveway they came back with low ball offer that they did not even try to explain when asked. So, I basically told them to put their offer where the light does not shine ... At this point I did not want to deal with another dealer and more bait and switch tactics. My trade in deal with Tesla and my SA at Mt.Kisco was straight forward, no headaches and to me it was worth a bit lower price for my BMW then I could possibly get by selling to another stealership. And I did not want to deal with private sale. I am happy with my new MYLR and the delivery experience at Mt. Kisco NY SC. I like MYLR suspension. It is a bit softer than BMW but still plenty of feedback from the road which to me is a good balance between comfort and drive feel. Acceleration and cornering seems on par with BMW if not a bit better. The car is quite. I am not sure about booming sound. It might be there but was certainly not overwhelming or bothering me much but might have to try to adjust the stops and see if it will do anything. Driver side mirror view is surprisingly small. When properly adjusted there is no blind spot but I think I am going to try a slightly curved mirror instead to get a bit bigger view. The hood I can't possibly see so parking in a tight spot without sensors is a bit tricky. I am sure I will get used to it soon. Wish you all best of luck and many joyful miles!

Attachments

• IMG_9159.jpeg
    IMG_9159.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 122
I believe the noise is normal during the updates as system has to reboot and does various testing. I got this information after attending one of the Tesla's virtual session on "Getting to know your Tesla". There're other noises as well that the presenter played during the session that deems normal operation. You might want to sign up for one of those virtual sessions.
Exactly! I was going to say the same thing. I just attended that online session and they demoed several “normal” noises. Amazing that some people, with all this waiting time don’t avail themselves of this free info.

Finally picked mine up yesterday. All went well. Was told that there was minor issue with one of the wiper arm and that they replaced it. Didn’t see any significant flags. However, after I got home , I got this strange buzzing/hissing noise while the car was updating from 2022.44.200 to 2013.2.12 and also was charging at the same time. The hissing/buzzing noise stopped by itself in about 5-7 minutes. Anyone with 2013 Model Y LR Austin built experienced same issue ? Video Link:

All 3 of mine make that noise once in awhile when updating. It doesn’t do it every time thank goodness. The first time i heard it make that noise, I recorded it just incase it wasn’t “within spec” 😂

bay area tesla buyers are de-prioritized and penalized by Elon and team 👎

NJ as well. They are prioritizing 20'' and MYP. It looks like they are de-prioritizing the states with most incentives.

I don't think this is true only it seems that way thanks to our tendencies toward cognitive bias -There are likely a ton of different factors not all under Tesla's direct control. I could see them gaming things a bit by holding off on the earlier "discounted" cars a bit to generate some additional FOMO and sell off existing inventory / receive additional $$$.

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla loan (Interest 5.34%) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 MAR 26-APR 15
NO Vin yet, No updates, No reply / No text for any quiry.
2 of my friends picked their same spec. cars from same location with increased price (OD 01/24). 100% unfair treatment.

03/11 - Going to return wall charger
03/13 - Going to cancel order. bye bye TESLA !!
03/20 - Order RAV 4 Hybrid
But that RAV 4 hybrid will take even longer to deliver...!
I showed up a day early, it was starting to get dark, I have a 3 so they did not need to show me anything, it was a 3 minute transaction, I didn't even open the rear hatch just a quick walk around and out, I noticed some noises coming from the rear seat area but so far that is it, on the way to get new tires on then will scope everything out well.
How is the ride quality? Is it better than MYLR as you had expected?