Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/16 (Tesla doc has 1/17)
MYLR5 W/B/19"/Tow (Changed to W/B from Blue/B with TXT 510# to SA few days after OD)
EDD1 (1/18) 2/12-3/19
EDD2 (2/5) 2/19-3/19
EDD3 (2/17) 3/3-3/10
VIN (2/17) PF692
DD 3/3

Got my car today @ Mt. Kisco NY. Came in 15 minutes early. My car was there with my name, unlocked and waiting. Everyone @ Mt.Kisco was really chill and helpful. "Take your time, no rush, please let us know if need any help" Looked car over in/out and it was flawless, at least to my eye :) Matrix lights, cargo cover, adapter. One little issue with front passenger side window rolling down every time I tried to close it was resolved by tech in 5 minutes. Did my trade in BMW 335XI - also easy and no issues, no games. Speaking of trade in. I did get a better offer from Carmax and Driveway. Initially I liked the Driveway better b/c they were willing to come to my house to pick up the car and their offer was close to Carmax. With Carmax I would have to drive the car over 40 miles and reading their reviews did not motivate me to try them out. Anyway, as soon as I was done with virtual inspection of Driveway they came back with low ball offer that they did not even try to explain when asked. So, I basically told them to put their offer where the light does not shine ... At this point I did not want to deal with another dealer and more bait and switch tactics. My trade in deal with Tesla and my SA at Mt.Kisco was straight forward, no headaches and to me it was worth a bit lower price for my BMW then I could possibly get by selling to another stealership. And I did not want to deal with private sale. I am happy with my new MYLR and the delivery experience at Mt. Kisco NY SC. I like MYLR suspension. It is a bit softer than BMW but still plenty of feedback from the road which to me is a good balance between comfort and drive feel. Acceleration and cornering seems on par with BMW if not a bit better. The car is quite. I am not sure about booming sound. It might be there but was certainly not overwhelming or bothering me much but might have to try to adjust the stops and see if it will do anything. Driver side mirror view is surprisingly small. When properly adjusted there is no blind spot but I think I am going to try a slightly curved mirror instead to get a bit bigger view. The hood I can't possibly see so parking in a tight spot without sensors is a bit tricky. I am sure I will get used to it soon. Wish you all best of luck and many joyful miles!
Great post! One of these days I will be picking up at Mt. Kisco. Glad to hear they are so friendly.

Not sure how much lower Tesla's trade in value was than the others, but did you know that your trade lowers the sales tax you pay? This is true in NYS, not sure about other states. If you had a cashiers check or something for the full amount, you will eventually get a refund from the dealer. All NYS dealers that process registration are required to refund the difference of any overage that they charge you on behalf of the state. So lets say your trade was like $10k, (I have no idea how much your BMW was worth), then you would be saving $700-1000 depending on your county's sales tax rate. Prolly won't make up the difference dollar for dollar, but it does help ;)

Edit: just realized you are in Vermont. Not sure if it will apply to you, but it should (killington is a great place to ski, was just there last weekend with my family :) )

-Mike

Reactions: msinfo
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!!! :eek::D. Our fingers are crossed I'm sure.
I knew that ordering a Model Y was somewhat of a gamble when I did so. I haven't really taken this order seriously because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. The way I look at this is - I paid $250 to play the lottery. If I win, I win. If not, then I gained a lot of knowledge about Tesla over the last several weeks and I won't be $60,000 poorer. Heck, I even flirted with disaster by editing my order just days before my earliest EDD - partly because I might as well get what I really wanted and partly just to see what would happen - like kicking an ant hill. :D

Noooooo
MYLR MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD/Profile Complete: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
2/2: Received mobile connector
2/6: Received email to attend "What to expect while awaiting delivery"
2/7: Received text to order upgrades with new $80k IRS cap
2/13: Received second email to attend "What to expect while awaiting delivery" with additional dates added
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31
EDD 4 (3/4): 4/19 - 5/24

No changes made to original order

So Cal

This was after I had a very vivid dream of opening the app and seeing a VIN - only to wake up to this update.

Also, noticed waitingfortesla site went from 400 MYs to 21 this morning. Something must have happened…
Wow, does that ever suck! Have you texted your SA to say "WTF?" We have the same order date and if that happens to me, I'm screwed and will have to cancel. Not only do I have no vehicle since selling my truck on CL for $10K more than Tesla's offer, but we leave AZ for ME in early May so I'd have to cancel the order and do a panic buy of a Hybrid or ice car (if I can even find one in stock).

I also saw the waitingfortesla was very limited and over half those 21 were in OH. I would definitely talk to someone and ask what the hell happened. If you're close enough to a delivery center, I'd go there and ask in person.

Noooooo

2/2: Received mobile connector
2/6: Received email to attend "What to expect while awaiting delivery"
2/7: Received text to order upgrades with new $80k IRS cap
2/13: Received second email to attend "What to expect while awaiting delivery" with additional dates added

So Cal

This was after I had a very vivid dream of opening the app and seeing a VIN - only to wake up to this update.

Also, noticed waitingfortesla site went from 400 MYs to 21 this morning. Something must have happened…
My OD 01/28 MYLR MSM/19/ no options
3RD EDD : 04/04- 05/09
Today: 03/15-03/29 from San Jose

I've had a Model 3 Performance for over 2 years, my finally wife saw the light and ordered a Y.

OD 1/21/23
MYLR 5 MSM/Black / 19" Geminis
EDD1 Jan-Mar
EDD2 Mar 1-31
EDD3 Feb 28-Mar 17
EDD current March 17-24
Only communication has been 80K tax credit and trade-in
No VIN

Boerne TX area

So many issues for us here. Got a loan that locked in at 4.74% APR that expires on 3/11. Can't find a rate even close to that anywhere else right now. Going out of town 3rd weekend in March and out of the country for 10 days on the 31st. And of course, the tax credit possibly expiring

Several questions:

I'm sure many of you people are obsessive like me and shopped it to death like I did originally, so what's the lowest loan rate anyone is seeing? USAA had the 4.74% I got a month ago. Best I'm seeing now if 5.15%.

When my wife and I are away from home, can we designate my son who lives with us as someone to pick it up?

Do the Austin models have better paint than the California models since the state regulation restrictions are different?

Are the matrix headlines that much better than the older ones?

Reactions: James2023y
Great post! One of these days I will be picking up at Mt. Kisco. Glad to hear they are so friendly.

Not sure how much lower Tesla's trade in value was than the others, but did you know that your trade lowers the sales tax you pay? This is true in NYS, not sure about other states. If you had a cashiers check or something for the full amount, you will eventually get a refund from the dealer. All NYS dealers that process registration are required to refund the difference of any overage that they charge you on behalf of the state. So lets say your trade was like $10k, (I have no idea how much your BMW was worth), then you would be saving $700-1000 depending on your county's sales tax rate. Prolly won't make up the difference dollar for dollar, but it does help ;)

Edit: just realized you are in Vermont. Not sure if it will apply to you, but it should (killington is a great place to ski, was just there last weekend with my family :) )

-Mike
Yes, you are absolutely right and that is exactly how it works. I am in NY and trade in value was subtracted from overall total to calculate owed state tax. It does help 👍

PS I was in my ski house in Killington, VT when creating TMC profile so TMC probably picked up my location :) I do have a house in NY as well.

Reactions: GigaMike
EDD updated this morning.

MYLR
MSM w/ 5 seat black interior,19” wheels, no tow
Indiana

01/21 OD (actually placed on 01/20 but this is the date on the website)
01/25 EDD = 03/04 - 03/31
02/01 Mobile Charger Shipped
02/02 Welcome E-mail from Tesla
02/07 Mobile Charger Delivered
03/04 EDD = 03/12 - 03/31

Reactions: James2023y
Matrix is a bit brighter but today that is about it. Also, people report Matrix light has darker spots and not as uniform as non matrix light. Matrix light is capable of blocking just a small portion of the projected light not to blind other drivers but otherwise leaving high beams on to provide a better driving at night. If/when we will see this future in US is unknown.

PS You can also play Tesla light show gimmick with Matrix to impress your friends LOL

• Funny
Reactions: amo2u and zroger73
Noooooo

So Cal

My OD 01/28 MYLR MSM/19/ no options
3RD EDD : 04/04- 05/09
Today: 03/15-03/29 from San Jose
This really makes no sense AT ALL ! 2 identical vehicles in the same state, one getting their EDD pushed out 6-8 weeks and the other getting their EDD shortened. Byce007, you really should have a chat with your SA or better yet, go to your nearby (if nearby) Tesla and ask what's going on!

Supply constraints and demand are inevitable, but when you clearly see disparities like this you know there are other forces at work. My order date was 1/27 (delivery to Tucson) and last week there was a girl in the FB Tesla Y owners AZ group who ordered 1/30 a MYLR Blue/Black/20 who got her VIN 2/20 and took delivery 2/25. This while we're all seeing people around 1/15 to 1/18 or so just getting VINs now!

As much as we all want to make sense of this as we see others either getting their vin/cars and some getting pushed out with the same configurations, some of that can be chalked up to shipping constraints, but these 2 examples are both geographically similar. Unbelievable!

Probably the reason why inventory has dropped so much in a day's time
Not sure that's effecting any cars in production now. The article says they made a correction in December, so anything in the last couple months out of production should not have this issue one would think.

Probably the reason why inventory has dropped so much in a day's time
That recall affects 3,470 Model Ys made from 5/23/22 to 2/5/2023 of which 4% (139) are estimated to have loose bolts. Nearly all, if not all of those vehicles have already been delivered to customers over the last 9 months.

More details are available in the Part 573 Safety Recall Report.

I've had a Model 3 Performance for over 2 years, my finally wife saw the light and ordered a Y.

OD 1/21/23
MYLR 5 MSM/Black / 19" Geminis
EDD1 Jan-Mar
EDD2 Mar 1-31
EDD3 Feb 28-Mar 17
EDD current March 17-24
Only communication has been 80K tax credit and trade-in
No VIN

Boerne TX area

So many issues for us here. Got a loan that locked in at 4.74% APR that expires on 3/11. Can't find a rate even close to that anywhere else right now. Going out of town 3rd weekend in March and out of the country for 10 days on the 31st. And of course, the tax credit possibly expiring

Several questions:

I'm sure many of you people are obsessive like me and shopped it to death like I did originally, so what's the lowest loan rate anyone is seeing? USAA had the 4.74% I got a month ago. Best I'm seeing now if 5.15%.

When my wife and I are away from home, can we designate my son who lives with us as someone to pick it up?

Do the Austin models have better paint than the California models since the state regulation restrictions are different?

I have had USAA for 20+ years but will not do loans with them. their rates are just too high. Navy Federal still has 4.74% FYI. Try to look for a local credit union. In NY, I have a credit union that offers .25% discount for veterans, and .5% discount for EVs. Currently their 60month rate is 4.49% but comes to 3.74% after discounts.

This really makes no sense AT ALL ! 2 identical vehicles in the same state, one getting their EDD pushed out 6-8 weeks and the other getting their EDD shortened. Byce007, you really should have a chat with your SA or better yet, go to your nearby (if nearby) Tesla and ask what's going on!

Supply constraints and demand are inevitable, but when you clearly see disparities like this you know there are other forces at work. My order date was 1/27 (delivery to Tucson) and last week there was a girl in the FB Tesla Y owners AZ group who ordered 1/30 a MYLR Blue/Black/20 who got her VIN 2/20 and took delivery 2/25. This while we're all seeing people around 1/15 to 1/18 or so just getting VINs now!

As much as we all want to make sense of this as we see others either getting their vin/cars and some getting pushed out with the same configurations, some of that can be chalked up to shipping constraints, but these 2 examples are both geographically similar. Unbelievable!
In CA too. Dates are really moving around. Looks like mine was brought back into Q1 assuming for the Fremont push and that my car would come from there. Fingers crossed 🤞

MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch

OD: 1/26 Original
EDD: Feb - March
Updated EDD (2/1) 3/6 - 3/31
Updated EDD (2/14) 4/7 - 5/19
Attended 2/17 "get to know your next steps" webinar
Updated EDD (2/22) 4/3 - 5/8
Will be picking up at Nor Cal- Dublin SC
Attended 3/2 "get to know your model y" webinar
Updated EDD (3/4) 3/15-29.

I was actually at my local delivery center yesterday to take my 3rd test drive. Thought that has something to do with it lol

It sucks, but another 1-2 month delay is ok. NorCal will prob get some Fremont builds allocated. I see a lot of mid-Jan VINs still getting assigned which is weird, while lots of other folks getting pushed to Apr/May.

Maybe it helped to take a test drive and floor it a few times to remind me it’ll be worth the wait. Just needed to get it out of my system.

Reactions: geekfam

Perhaps the vehicle was rejected or order canceled and the latter person was the next in line having the same configuration and served out of the same service center.

My OD is 9 days earlier than yours, yet your EDD starts 11 days earlier. I think this difference is due to our areas being served by different service centers (only 70 miles apart) and units are earmarked and not freely exchanged between service centers.

The above is just speculation on my part.

Got an update on my late January order today.
Order date: 01/25. EDD: Jan-March
1/31 update EDD: 03/17-03/31
3/4 update EDD: 4/15 - 5/20
SoCal

The delay would make me lose the IRS credit and CA rebate, no longer making sense to purchase this car. I updated the rims to “20 to see if that would make my delivery date to March. If not then will end up trying to get an inventory Standard Range MY. Anyone with experience on time from MY SR purchase from inventory to delivery ?

PSA for free Tesla live "training".

After discussions in this thread of people wondering about strange noises from their new Teslas, wanted to make a point to say folks should definitely take the time and join the free, live, online info sessions Tesla offers. I got an email inviting me to RSVP, but in care you didn't, here's the link. Looks like the next one is 3/17. There's also a webinar for "Next Steps" after placing your order which you can probably find a link and keep an eye on your emails as they should be sending you invites. And for model Y, there are always these online videos you can watch anytime. They're all worth your time.

Got an update on my late January order today.
Order date: 01/25. EDD: Jan-March
1/31 update EDD: 03/17-03/31
3/4 update EDD: 4/15 - 5/20
SoCal

The delay would make me lose the IRS credit and CA rebate, no longer making sense to purchase this car. I updated the rims to “20 to see if that would make my delivery date to March. If not then will end up trying to get an inventory Standard Range MY. Anyone with experience on time from MY SR purchase from inventory to delivery ?
I would try to find a suitable unit that has been built. This screenshot was taken from waitingforTesla.

1677945611155.png