Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He got it from my post yesterday.
I saw them by checking the 100+ cars at Fremont delivery center parking lot.
MY SA told me the general direction where my car is and I went over to check the cars one by one.
The paperwork is on the wind shield or front seat.
I only checked 1/3 of the lot about 20-30 MYLRs before I found the car is being driven off the lot for delivery preparation.
I did not bother checking other models.
Thanks and congrats. How was the quality of yours. Hoping my delivery is only a week away!

i haven't ordered mobile charger cable, car is expecting to land on 24th and might be delivered as early as 26th, should I buy that after delivery or now?
Are you thinking about not getting the car? If so then hold off otherwise if you do intend to take delivery then ordering the charge cable is probably a good thing to have right away IF you plan on charging at home.

If you are charging at home then also consider installing a 14-50 Nema outlet which will allow you to charge faster.

Reactions: BailMY
EDD updated this morning.

MYLR
MSM w/ 5 seat black interior,19” wheels, no tow
Indiana

01/21 OD
01/25 EDD = 03/04 - 03/31
02/01 Mobile Charger Shipped
02/02 Welcome E-mail from Tesla
02/07 Mobile Charger Delivered
03/04 EDD = 03/12 - 03/31
03/12 EDD = 04/10 - 05/15

That’s it for me. I’m out.
yup.. I expected this.. see my signature too. If they can't meet their quarterly targets, they'll focus on nearby deliveries for the remainder of the quarter. Reading reddit forums, I see many push outs there as well, except for SoCal folks who're now getting pulled in to March. Now, there's no way we'll get pulled back into March. Quarter 2 it is!!!

All, I received a VIN assigned text this morning with an EDD of 3/25-3/31. Looks like a Fremont build with PF710XXX. The odometer reading states 15 miles with 710 series. I’ve notice Odo mileage of 4 or 5 usually for new cars..not sure if it’s a rejected VIN as I’m feeling 710 is the earlier series. Can anyone shed some light on this? I’ve reached out to the SA as well for build date..

Congrats! Maybe the missing PPF and the mud guards are due to the carrier delivery. Ever tried to creat a ticket for that since other twin city deliveries are getting them at the pick up? If then can do it for free, you can stop by whenever you are in the area this summer?
Thanks for that, I didn't know if they were supposed to be there so I called. She confirmed it should've and suggested a service appointment. I asked if they can ship it instead (I'm 6+ hours out) and I'll put them on, she said no problem!

Today must be update logistics day... mine just updated to Mar 19 - Mar 31 - no VIN. 🤞

I would caution people not to overreact to these changes - they are very "dynamic" in my experience.

edit: I've had this EDD window before - Mar 20 - Mar 31 before it shifted to Apr/May.. so will believe it when a VIN appears.
This close to the end of March, I believe you may get yours in March - perhaps there are logistic trucks headed your way 😬

All, I received a VIN assigned text this morning with an EDD of 3/25-3/31. Looks like a Fremont build with PF710XXX. The odometer reading states 15 miles with 710 series. I’ve notice Odo mileage of 4 or 5 usually for new cars..not sure if it’s a rejected VIN as I’m feeling 710 is the earlier series. Can anyone shed some light on this? I’ve reached out to the SA as well for build date..
15 miles is the default that's submitted on the DMV paperwork but like you mentioned the actual car has less. It's easier for them to go with a default value, demo and other cars have their actual true mileage reported.

Don't overthink whether it's a rejection or not.

***automated response provided by chatGPT***

Last edited:
Reactions: arbitrage000
EDD updated this morning.
MYLR
MSM w/ 5 seat black interior,19” wheels, no tow
Indiana

03/04 EDD = 03/12 - 03/31
03/12 EDD = 04/10 - 05/15

That’s it for me. I’m out.
Check my signature. They did the same thing to me last Tuesday and I got my VIN the VERY NEXT DAY. So while they were pushing my EDD out 6+ weeks, the car was rolling down the assembly line in Austin. Confirmed build date with SA. But, if you cancel, maybe someone else here will get theirs sooner!

i haven't ordered mobile charger cable, car is expecting to land on 24th and might be delivered as early as 26th, should I buy that after delivery or now?
These chargers do go out of stock...so I would order it.
My SA suggested that order it and do not open it till you bring the car home. Tesla local SA will take the unopened mobile charger back.

Also 240V is a must. 120V gives only 3miles per hour of charging speed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mainuh and erktrek