Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who paid with plaid, does Tesla withdraw the funds prior to delivery or after you it accept in the app?
I set up the app and didn't pay until after I inspected the car. So you can set up your bank account in plaid and wait until delivery to hit the pay button. Once you hit the pay button, it takes a few minutes and then you can accept delivery. Then it takes a few minutes to sync the car and the app.

Reactions: notanid4
Received an updated EDD today.
OD: Jan 27 | Location: PA
MYLR, 5seat, W/B, 19in, Tow hitch
EDD1 on 1/31: Feb - Mar
EDD2 on 2/14: Apr 8 - May 31
EDD3 on 2/28: Apr 12 - May 17
EDD4 on 3/7: Mar 15 - Mar 31
Hopefully Tesla can pull it off before EOQ1

Here is another update today
EDD5 on 3/12: 4/20 - 5/24

Update 3/17:
EDD6: 3/29 -3/31
3/17: VIN Assigned / Austin build

Received an updated EDD today.
OD: Jan 27 | Location: PA
MYLR, 5seat, W/B, 19in, Tow hitch
EDD1 on 1/31: Feb - Mar
EDD2 on 2/14: Apr 8 - May 31
EDD3 on 2/28: Apr 12 - May 17
EDD4 on 3/7: Mar 15 - Mar 31
Hopefully Tesla can pull it off before EOQ1

Here is another update today
EDD5 on 3/12: 4/20 - 5/24

Update 3/17:
EDD6: 3/29 -3/31
3/17: VIN Assigned / Austin build
Aww that's cool! Getting closer hopefully... 🤞

Los angeles
White/black MYLR
Five seater no options Gemini

OD: 1/22
EDD1: 3/12-3/31
EDD2: 3/13-3/31
EDD3: 3/27-3/31
VIN assigned 3/11 - Austin build
EDD4: 3/22-3/29

What are the benefits to an Austin build these days?
Los angeles
White/black MYLR
Five seater no options Gemini

OD: 1/22
EDD1: 3/12-3/31
EDD2: 3/13-3/31
EDD3: 3/27-3/31
VIN assigned 3/11 - Austin build
EDD4: 3/22-3/29
EDD5: 3/19-3/26

Here goes the start of creeping EDD...

MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch

OD: 1/26 Original
EDD: Feb - March
Updated EDD (2/1) 3/6 - 3/31
Updated EDD (2/14) 4/7 - 5/19
Updated EDD (2/22) 4/3 - 5/8
Updated EDD (3/4) 3/15-29
Updated EDD (3/16) 3/16-29

Refreshing Tesla App whenever I'm on my phone and no VIN...When is MSM paint coming up again for the manufacturing line? 3 days ago on waiting for Tesla there were two bay area MSM with 20 in, so I was thinking there was a chance for a production run, but then nothing locally has been showing up on the website with 19in Gemini wheels except for Austin MYAWDs and 7 seaters. 🤨
I am not sure if they do a single paint job in a day. I watched some you tube videos of Gigafactory and the assembly line had all colors in line. Not just one single color. If they were doing one color every few days, then the assembly line should have all one color, but that was not the case.

Starting to get a little antsy here. I see some with NJ deliveries who ordered day before me getting VINs. I know that Blue is probably not the most popular color but thought I would get an update and still hoping for one due to the quarter end push.

Holding out hope that I get an updated EDD and a VIN in the next couple of weeks.
I am in NJ also with B/W color, OD:1/22. Seems Blue/White is the least volume option. No VIN Yet

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis
Starting to get a little antsy here. I see some with NJ deliveries who ordered day before me getting VINs. I know that Blue is probably not the most popular color but thought I would get an update and still hoping for one due to the quarter end push.

Holding out hope that I get an updated EDD and a VIN in the next couple of weeks.
No VIN for me in South Jersey with od 1/28 but am now getting a persistent and annoying Accelerated Delivery notice for a car now 2 cars that are completely different than the one I want AND at much higher prices..

Reactions: Skunis
No VIN for me in South Jersey with od 1/28 but am now getting a persistent and annoying Accelerated Delivery notice for a car that is completely different than the one I want AND at a much higher price..
I do not even get that. I have looked on waitingfortesla and one car in NJ and it is a 7 seater. No way I am paying that extra for something I do not need.

I know Tesla is not known for communication but the only communication I got, and now I cannot find it, was when the Feds pushed the qualifying price up to $80k. That was to ask me if I wanted to add more features lol. Other than that, I have nothing.
I did communicate with someone from customer service(I think) when I was looking to set up a Demo drive. Told me to reach out to him anytime. I did that mid-February and all I got was silence. Not even an email saying he could not help with VIN or delivery.

So, basically, my options are to wait or to try to call the Tesla DC near me in Princeton and see what's going on. Not even sure that is worth it.

Reactions: erktrek
I do not even get that. I have looked on waitingfortesla and one car in NJ and it is a 7 seater. No way I am paying that extra for something I do not need.

I know Tesla is not known for communication but the only communication I got, and now I cannot find it, was when the Feds pushed the qualifying price up to $80k. That was to ask me if I wanted to add more features lol. Other than that, I have nothing.
I did communicate with someone from customer service(I think) when I was looking to set up a Demo drive. Told me to reach out to him anytime. I did that mid-February and all I got was silence. Not even an email saying he could not help with VIN or delivery.

So, basically, my options are to wait or to try to call the Tesla DC near me in Princeton and see what's going on. Not even sure that is worth it.
Ouch - you might drop by the Lawrence showroom and see if you can't discuss this with someone directly. I am kinda bothered that they keep pushing 7-seaters when we ordered a 5-seater (there are 2 now in or designated for Cherry Hill apparently). Seeing your situation and others makes me a bit anxious too...

edit: I'm not certain that Accelerated Delivery vehicles are actually at one's designated pickup location.. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

No accelerated delivery notice on the website? That seems strange when our ODs and locations are so close and my only addition is the Tow option.

Ouch - you might drop by the Lawrence showroom and see if you can't discuss this with someone directly. I am kinda bothered that they keep pushing 7-seaters when we ordered a 5-seater (there are 2 now in or designated for Cherry Hill apparently). Seeing your situation and others makes me a bit anxious too...

edit: I'm not certain that Accelerated Delivery vehicles are actually at one's designated pickup location.. 🤷‍♂️
May be a good idea. I did that when I could not get an appt. for a demo drive. I showed up with my wife. Asked if they could fit me in and after about an hour I checked again and one guy was nice and fit us in for a demo drive.

Reactions: erktrek
Then you deserve the VIN ASAP ;)
7euxwl.jpg

May be a good idea. I did that when I could not get an appt. for a demo drive. I showed up with my wife. Asked if they could fit me in and after about an hour I checked again and one guy was nice and fit us in for a demo drive.
We did the exact same thing - appt was too far out for our liking so just showed up and talked with a nice associate, she got us in for a quick drive and then we placed the order.

Reactions: Skunis