Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White, Black Interior, MYLR, 19" wheels
Phoenix, AZ
OD: 1/16(9pm)
1/17 - EDD: 2/4-3/4
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19
3/5 - EDD 3/26-3/31
3/13 - EDD 3/28-3/31
3/22 - EDD 4/2-5/2 (Maybe because the credit app I submitted expired?)

Obligatory back story
When IRS dropped the 55k tax credit limit on 2/3, I saw a MYP appear in local inventory, and we pulled the trigger on that. The responsible thing would have been to wait on the phone with Tesla and change our MYLR pre-order over to that, but I didn't want to risk MYP being picked up by someone else. So I spent another $250 on a deposit to claim the MYP. We picked it up on 2/6 been enjoying it since. But I figured I'd keep everyone updated with the MYLR we ordered on 1/16

The delivery of my MYP could not have gone smoother. As soon as we walked in a SA (Joe) greeted us. We were 20 minutes early but he was able to assist us right away. Our vehicle was perfect, at least in our eyes. We were in and out in 25 minutes, with half that time spent signing paperwork, setting up our phones, and walking through many of the settings. We're first time Tesla owners and neither of us have ever even sat in a Tesla.

When I got home, my son and I carefully inspected the car again. We also tested our Tesla wall charger. Nothing found but smiles. 😀 😀 😀

Our SA mentioned that we have 7 days and 100 miles, whichever comes first, to report any issues we find.

White, Black Interior, MYLR, 19" wheels
Phoenix, AZ
OD: 1/16(9pm)
1/17 - EDD: 2/4-3/4
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19
3/5 - EDD 3/26-3/31
3/13 - EDD 3/28-3/31
3/22 - EDD 4/2-5/2 (Maybe because the credit app I submitted expired?)

Obligatory back story
When IRS dropped the 55k tax credit limit on 2/3, I saw a MYP appear in local inventory, and we pulled the trigger on that. The responsible thing would have been to wait on the phone with Tesla and change our MYLR pre-order over to that, but I didn't want to risk MYP being picked up by someone else. So I spent another $250 on a deposit to claim the MYP. We picked it up on 2/6 been enjoying it since. But I figured I'd keep everyone updated with the MYLR we ordered on 1/16
I am so glad that I switched to MYP. I doubt that either of us with the basic configuration MYLR was going to get delivery this month.

I got update today with EDD Mar 30-31st , No VIN yet. Problem is I am going to trip from Mar31st to April 9th. My question how come they give just 2 day window for delivery and without VIn #
OD 1/25/23 , 7 seater , changed to 5 seater on 1/31/23.
Original EDD Jan-March
2/14 EDD Mar 19-Mar 31st
3/5 EDD April 18th-May 21st
3/22 EDD Mar 30- Mar 31st

Reactions: dx23
The delivery of my MYP could not have gone smoother. As soon as we walked in a SA (Joe) greeted us. We were 20 minutes early but he was able to assist us right away. Our vehicle was perfect, at least in our eyes. We were in and out in 25 minutes, with half that time spent signing paperwork, setting up our phones, and walking through many of the settings. We're first time Tesla owners and neither of us have ever even sat in a Tesla.

When I got home, my son and I carefully inspected the car again. We also tested our Tesla wall charger. Nothing found but smiles. 😀 😀 😀

Our SA mentioned that we have 7 days and 100 miles, whichever comes first, to report any issues we find.
Congrats! And that's great to hear!

Also wow, I honestly don't know what the actual requirement is because the SA at my location said within 24 hours and 100 miles. 🤷‍♀️

I submitted 1 issue for service a few days after pickup (and less than 100 miles) but they still estimated a charge for it (I ended up cancelling cause the issue wasn't really a huge deal + didn't want to cause further issues if Service messes up).

Reactions: wiseguy34
I have a question about Plaid and the final payment. I am fortunate to not have to do a loan for my order. We sold the Jeep Grand Cherokee to Carvana and have all the cash we need. My question is for the people that paid cash, did you complete the Plaid transfer well in advance of the delivery appointment? My delivery appointment is scheduled for 3/27 and I would like to click the button at the appointment. That way I have some leverage. The SA on the text string suggested please make payment in full in advanced. Is that required or can I click the button at delivery?

I have a question about Plaid and the final payment. I am fortunate to not have to do a loan for my order. We sold the Jeep Grand Cherokee to Carvana and have all the cash we need. My question is for the people that paid cash, did you complete the Plaid transfer well in advance of the delivery appointment? My delivery appointment is scheduled for 3/27 and I would like to click the button at the appointment. That way I have some leverage. The SA on the text string suggested please make payment in full in advanced. Is that required or can I click the button at delivery?
We set up Plaid a few days before our delivery date. We stopped short of actually clicking the Pay button. Shortly afterwards, I received an email confirmation that a new payment method had been set up in our account. At the service center, I clicked the Pay button and within a few seconds, our payment was confirmed. I showed the screen to our SA.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
We set up Plaid a few days before our delivery date. We stopped short of actually clicking the Pay button. Shortly afterwards, I received an email confirmation that a new payment method had been set up in our account. At the service center, I clicked the Pay button and within a few seconds, our payment was confirmed. I showed the screen to our SA.
Thank you. That’s the way I am going to approach this for now.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
I took cashiers chk. Handed them after inspection.

MYLR R/B 19", northeast PA

OD 1/22
Charger installed in Feb
EDD 1 Jan-Mar
EDD 2 Feb-Mar
EDD 3 Mar 1-31
EDD 4 Mar 27-31
EDD 5 March 26-31
EDD 6 April 4 - May 9
EDD 7 Mar 17-31
EDD 8 (yesterday) Apr 14 - May 19

Is it red that is causing me the most problems?
Possible since not many people order Red so Tesla waits for certain number before starting production. Assume Tesla Fremont produces 1,000 car per week, thus Tesla wait until it gets 1,000 red car orders before starting the red car production. It saves production time without switching to different colors. No need to clean up painting robots between colors, etc....

Alright, so GOOD NEWS for me I reckon. I was able to get a successful price match .:) Thanks to my friend, @ghostrider78 's persistence, I finally headed to the local Tesla SC this morning.

Being a Saturday, the SC was so busy that no advisor was available for my service, and the regional manager herself had to step in to talk to me. I told her about my concerns of varying EDDs, being in a limbo, said I'm paying cash, don't have a vehicle to trade in.. all smooth process. I told her you're getting to the quarter end. I can close out on one deal in no time. Do you have anything you can match me with? I only want to keep the Gemini wheels and don't want a tow. Initially, she didn't agree to price match me. I told her that they'd have to sell me at my price some day, if not today. Finally after a lot of discussion, she agreed to it. She started looking for some vehicles within a 300 mile radius and at the factories, that would make the quarter end. Many of them couldn't be assigned to me or routed to our location on time, or was already en-route. Finally, after a bit of persuasion and me sticking around for hours, they called up the HQ and had someone override price matches and current logistical routes to see if anything could be moved to me. They found 2 matches, a black exterior heading to Atlanta and an MSM just out of the Austin plant. They asked me if I was okay with either color. I was, and voila, they were able to assign the MSM one to me just out of the plant today (build date: Mar 18).

So, finally VIN ASSIGNED Austin Build (**PA091**) . As I was at the delivery center, didn't have to wait for anymore texts to schedule delivery. They scheduled the appointment for me right there. Fingers crossed for delivery on Sunday, Mar 26 🤞. My final configuration is now MSM/White/19 inch/no Tow (base price 52,990 with extras for the paint).
Since you ordered by 1/25/23, the base price already increased $500 so it should be $53,490, not $52,990.