Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I picked up my MY LR, 5 seat black, MSM, tow, Austin build.
Here in MN we get front mud flaps and rear wheel-well PPF
I found 0 problems with the car on the lot, and none on the hour drive home. Completely happy with the car.

It seems the $7,500 federal tax credit will likely apply, plus MN legislature may approve a $2,500 tax credit for 2023
It's still a lot of money for a car, but next week I get a second meter installed at home that will give me 4 cents KWh off-peak charging, 9pm - 9am and all day on weekends. Thats about $3.50 for 300 miles of driving if my math is correct.
I am aware of two more supercharging sites that will be built this year on a 200 mile route we frequently travel , so winter driving should be without range worry even at below zero F and 50% range reduction.
All together, we're a perfect fit for a BEV, and Tesla was the only choice because of charging infrastructure.
Also happy to support the 100,000-plus people at Tesla who should get the credit and attention for their work in creating these cars.

• 02/03/23 Order Date. Just a few hours before the 1,500 price increase.
  • At one point in February our EDD moved to April 1- May 6. Then came an early surprise
  • 03/08/23 VIN assigned
  • 03/17/23 Delivery schedule notice
  • 03/24/23 Pickup date

Today I picked up my MY LR, 5 seat black, MSM, tow, Austin build.
Here in MN we get front mud flaps and rear wheel-well PPF
I found 0 problems with the car on the lot, and none on the hour drive home. Completely happy with the car.

It seems the $7,500 federal tax credit will likely apply, plus MN legislature may approve a $2,500 tax credit for 2023
It's still a lot of money for a car, but next week I get a second meter installed at home that will give me 4 cents KWh off-peak charging, 9pm - 9am and all day on weekends. Thats about $3.50 for 300 miles of driving if my math is correct.
I am aware of two more supercharging sites that will be built this year on a 200 mile route we frequently travel , so winter driving should be without range worry even at below zero F and 50% range reduction.
All together, we're a perfect fit for a BEV, and Tesla was the only choice because of charging infrastructure.
Also happy to support the 100,000-plus people at Tesla who should get the credit and attention for their work in creating these cars.

• 02/03/23 Order Date. Just a few hours before the 1,500 price increase.
  • At one point in February our EDD moved to April 1- May 6. Then came an early surprise
  • 03/08/23 VIN assigned
  • 03/17/23 Delivery schedule notice
  • 03/24/23 Pickup date
Congrats! I picked up mine yesterday from the EP location.

I saw the youtube video testing that update bfeore I checked my car. Still have not gotten any update notice yet...
Tesla updates aren't like everyone gets the new update at the exact same time. The updates progressively roll out so they can make sure if anything goes wrong, they are able to stop the update and probably revert it for the select few that initially got the update. Google does a similar thing with their Pixels where some people get the update early and then others get it sometime later in the month.

• Informative
Reactions: scionbox
they will deliver to me at my location tomorrow;
OD :1/27; after multiple EDD changes, i did the inventory swap, from W/B/LR/5/19” to B/B/LR/5/19” no town;
They want to deliver the car to my house;
Any recommendation for me to inspect the car or other option?
This list looks pretty good but there are others..

Reactions: FanboyNC
Fremont comes with matrix lights. Both Fremont and Austin come with a trunk cargo cover (there have been recent reports of a new magnetic cargo cover that people are receiving so you may possibly get that).

Mud flaps and rear PPF depends on your state I believe. I live in NJ and did NOT receive mud flaps or rear PPF. However, I did order OEM Mud flaps from Tesla and installed them myself.
I did not get a cargo cover. Austin built.

I did not get a cargo cover. Austin built.
Really? They should both be coming with cargo covers now. My friend who bought an Austin build back in January has a cargo cover in his (build date was prob Dec/early-Jan) and I have a cargo cover for my Fremont build (build date prob late-Jan/early-Feb).

All the other recent posts and videos of people taking their 2023 MY deliveries have gotten a cargo cover.

Edit: Not a big deal but is prob nice to have to hide the stuff in your trunk from being seen from the outside.

This is what showed up on our "Manage" page. When we clicked the Continue button, lo & behold, we had a VIN.
I recieved the same thing. I had to accept the car without USS as described in order to get delivery. After acknowledgment I also got a VIN. Dates were changed from April 1st-April 15th to April 5th-April 12th...so they narrowed the window.

By accepting you are agreeing that you're ok with Tesla vision taking over eventually for the missing USS.

Reactions: EVRob78
Really? They should both be coming with cargo covers now. My friend who bought an Austin build back in January has a cargo cover in his (build date was prob Dec/early-Jan) and I have a cargo cover for my Fremont build (build date prob late-Jan/early-Feb).

All the other recent posts and videos of people taking their 2023 MY deliveries have gotten a cargo cover.

Edit: Not a big deal but is prob nice to have to hide the stuff in your trunk from being seen from the outside.
True that. I am fine with not having it but I don’t see how it could’ve been bad for me, either

Don’t get it delivered to your house. You’ve already lost half of the battle with Tesla if there’s any issue with the car.

I would cancel that appointment and pick up. Come on, you’re in San Jose. That’s so close to Fremont

OD :1/27; after multiple EDD changes, i did the inventory swap, from W/B/LR/5/19” to B/B/LR/5/19” no town;
They will not let you check interior when it’s home delivery. Tesla is being sneaky, and will force you to accept.