Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I first asked the SA via text if making the change would likely speed up delivery. The response was the chances are good since MY LRs are in much higher demand than Ps. I made the change to my order online. I then sent a brief text notifying them of my change and thanked them. I received no response.

I picked up my Tesla from the SC on Raintree (Scottsdale Airpark area).

That is very helpful. Thanks, Robert!

I wonder if the guidance will be posted in either or both of these two pages, IRS Advance Notices or IRS Bulietins .
One thing is for sure - it'll be all over the internet including YouTube, Twitter, and this forum within minutes. We won't have to dig too far to find out since the info will practically be knocking on our doors. :)

Did you find out about the alignment after driving off the lot? Trying to think you identified that before taking delivery... Asking for myself. I'm picking up in a few hours.

Also, that scratch, are they fixing at a later date or did they fix right away?
I saw it there but they said they knew. The scratch is being fixed with the alignment in 2 weeks.
Something I forgot to check are all the exterior lights.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
They said they knew? Did they tell you? Sounds like you had to tell them about it.
Yeah your right..

It is nice that they fix paint issues on DEMO Vehicles.
They fix it only if it’s bigger than an inch. Here is the info from the Tesla site on what is acceptable in their eyes.

Attachments

• 774B36DF-E9F2-42B8-AF11-F4EFBBCBCCB9.png
    774B36DF-E9F2-42B8-AF11-F4EFBBCBCCB9.png
    367.5 KB · Views: 92
  • C18F44D0-9A12-4BE6-887D-7CD659056E9E.png
    C18F44D0-9A12-4BE6-887D-7CD659056E9E.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 354F9374-8B9B-4D14-91B6-73B4EB473D10.png
    354F9374-8B9B-4D14-91B6-73B4EB473D10.png
    387.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: erktrek and Skunis
This waiting game has caused me more work. I mentioned epoxy coating the one garage as sort of an afterthought to finishing the floor before the car comes.

I don't know why I load myself up like this, since I have like 3 other home projects going. OCD maybe? The 40 year old floor could use something, so I bought an epoxy coating and concrete cleaner to pre conditon it. I plan to put it down before the car arrives. Can't have that new car driving on that old concrete. I might as well install a wall mounted car wash while I'm at it.

Got no text this time around and Tesla changed the DD time, I just happened to check the app and noticed that the DD time was changed from 4:00 to 6:00. Texted Tesla and they said that's the latest timeslot they have for that day and I cannot change it back to 4:00 PM. My wife has her midterm that evening at 8:00 PM. This presents an issue for us. I then asked who has to legally be present to take delivery - because in the app I'm the primary registrant and she is the secondary registrant - and the financing is in both our names. Tesla responded back that our vehicle isn't even arriving at the DCuntil 6:00 that evening - what about the prep time? Their answer is that it'll take time to prep - but the latest they can schedule the DD time for is 6:00 PM. This is rather aggravating given my wife has an exam later that same evening that cannot be moved. Tesla also indicated they only see one registrant - but didn't say who it was - so I've asked who that is, should be me if I'm the primary but if they only see one who knows?. If it's me - can only I show up to take delivery even if the financing is in both names? No answer back yet...
I co-signed my wife. So Both must be there to sign the loan paperwork. Same thing happened to me I got there first and Wife was Late from work. They wanted us both to Sign and release the car. They already have your ID and everything printed before you get there.

Last edited:
How does one change their configuration?

Debating going from an MYP to an MYLR if delivery isn't going to happen any time soon.
Select "manage" from the app or select "Account" then "Manage" by your order from the website then select "Edit Design". As long as you don't have a VIN, you can make any changes based on pricing in effect as of your original order date then you will be given the chance to discard or confirm the changes.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Select "manage" from the app or select "Account" then "Manage" by your order from the website then select "Edit Design". As long as you don't have a VIN, you can make any changes based on pricing in effect as of your original order date then you will be given the chance to discard or confirm the changes.
Thanks - I did try that by clicking "manage" but there doesn't seem to be an "edit design" option anywhere. I texted the 510 number and they said I need to message them the changes I want and then they'll run it.

Weird.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
They said they knew? Did they tell you? Sounds like you had to tell them about it.
I think if it's not causing a functional issue (such as leaking in the car), then it's considered "in spec" since it's something cosmetic.

If glass panel is raised causing sealing problems which led to water leakage, then they'll fix it for you probably no questions asked. If there's no leakage or issues, they'll give you the "it's in spec" BS.

When you pick up the car and within whatever time/mileage you have to report, check and note down the major panel or glass alignment issues.

Edit: The trunk side glass on my MYLR is slightly raised on one side but it's not causing any leakage issues (it's rained/snowed in NJ like 15+ times since picking it up lol). They said it if there's no leakage then it is "in spec" but to schedule a Service if I I thought it's an issue. I originally did schedule but then cancelled cause there's no water leakage issues and them trying to fix the glass could cause bigger issues.

VIN notification on Sunday, gave choice of 4 days for pickup and selected Tuesday. On Monday they said sorry car won’t arrive till 3/31 and I was given one day to pick up, 3/31. Could not make that day for personal reasons and even offered to wait till after 4/1, anticipated IRS extension of credit. They said no, car was coming sooner and could be picked up Thursday 3/30, to which I agreed. Received actual phone call Wednesday morning and wanted me to come that afternoon, which I did at 12:30. They were going to deliver to my home till they figured out how far away I lived. Even gave me Uber credits, which when I asked for them on Monday was told Tesla doesn’t do that any longer. I thought that was BS. So Tesla is on a tare to get as many of these orders filled as possible before EOQ.

Took delivery of MYLR MSM/BLK/19 today from Seattle SC.
Car came with Front Mud Flaps and PPF for Mini Rocker Area. :D

The process was smooth. Inspected the car before payment & agreements.
SC team were very accommodating (atleast for me)
Found 2 panel-gap/trim issues(not major), SA raised the service request from their end.

Getting used to one-pedal drive.
Hope y'all get yours as early as possible.