Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hang in there, everyone! I wish I had access to a parallel universe - one where I found a matching inventory vehicle like I did today and one where I waited until the vehicle arrived at my original delivery location closer to home so I could compare the two. Unfortunately, I'll never know when the latter would have occurred.

Anyone who is willing and able to travel can spend all day on WaitingForTesla.com or the inventory section of Tesla's website and likely find their exact build at some point, then call Tesla and have them assign it to you and hope that it doesn't sell before you can get a human on the phone (30-40 minutes in my case today).

If there's any good news, it's that everyone's order will eventually arrive, but the harsh reality is that your exact build may end up in inventory or get sold to someone else who ordered before you based on what I can only conclude is transportation logistics.

What cars are coming from Berlin now, and what is expected down the line?

I'm interested in getting a silver LR delivered in Europe, so it will surely come from Berlin. No urgency at all as my 3P is serving me fine.

-Are USS included in these cars?
-Are passenger lumbar still missing?
-Which subframe are single piece? (I understand it's rear on all Y, and front+rear on Austin 4680/AWD?)
-Are the newer headlights matrix capable, and do they operate in matrix (i.e. partial beam-forming)

What cars are coming from Berlin now, and what is expected down the line?

I'm interested in getting a silver LR delivered in Europe, so it will surely come from Berlin. No urgency at all as my 3P is serving me fine.

-Are USS included in these cars?
-Are passenger lumbar still missing?
-Which subframe are single piece? (I understand it's rear on all Y, and front+rear on Austin 4680/AWD?)
-Are the newer headlights matrix capable, and do they operate in matrix (i.e. partial beam-forming)
I'm in the US so take my answers with a grain of salt:

1) No USS, Tesla removed them in late 2022
2) Yes and I don't think they're coming back either - there is still the circle cutout for it on the seats but it does nothing
3) (idk the answer)
4) Mostly the Tesla MYs coming from Fremont factory in the US have the matrix headlights (maybe Austin will start having them too but idk). I don't think Tesla is currently fully utilizing the matrix headlights. I haven't really noticed anything that seems like a major upgrade.

Od 1/24 MYLR w/b/19 location New York
EDD 4/8-5/13
Easter day morning update to 4/22-5/20.

Sad…..anybody has similar od like mine?o_Oo_O

Yep... seems like you're in line with others of us in the northeast. The late January orders must be pretty getting close to a VIN though!

I've also changed my order slightly a few times in the past 2 weeks (swapping color, seats, removing towing, always keeping under $55k for MA rebate) and had zero change in EDD range, so I finally went back to my original configuration.

I saw a blue one come in stock yesterday that I would have gladly taken to put an end to this craziness, but I couldn't choose immediately choose it for accelerated delivery as it was at a different MA location. (There are 3 delivery locations in MA within an hour of me.) It was gone before I could get my SA to pair it to my account. I probably could have made a new order but didn't want to make a mess with the additional $250 and already having all the info and trade-in offer on my existing one.